Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ched Evans

+27
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Sluffy
White84
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
Mr Magoo
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
Bwfc1958
B.D.P
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

41Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 21:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I have my doubts whether Evans is guilty of anything more than being an idiot to be honest.

Evans is a despicable animal that's why the press always refer to him as the rapist Ched Evans. The reason why he is loathed is because he has never apologised or shown contrition. If he held his hand up and publicly repented for raping a paralytic 19 year old girl he might be able to get another job in football. Until then he will cast a dark shadow over every football team he turns up at.

Oldham Athletic will regret signing him, of that I am certain.

42Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:There is currently a review of the case.....

The fact that he constantly says he was innocent does say something - yes he was convicted but how many other men have been wrongly convicted of a sexual crime because a woman has decided she didn't like it. 

It wasn't that she didn't like it. She was pissed out of her brains and fast asleep when he took advantage of her state. She didn't realise he had raped her until the next morning.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Thu Jan 08 2015, 10:09; edited 1 time in total

43Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Wed Jan 07 2015, 22:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"the fact he says he was innocent does say something"

yeah not many criminals take that line good point Amos.

44Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 08:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Evans is a despicable animal that's why the press always refer to him as the rapist Ched Evans. The reason why he is loathed is because he has never apologised or shown contrition. If he held his hand up and publicly repented for raping a paralytic 19 year old girl he might be able to get another job in football. Until then he will cast a dark shadow over every football team he turns up at.

So if the review finds him innocent or that the trial was botched will you change your tune?

If you were guilty of nothing more than cheating on your missus would you hold your hands up and apologise for rape just because a jury found you guilty?

He might be guilty, he might not - but I am amazed he got sent down from the evidence that was available.

45Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 08:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can I remind folk on here that Jeffrey Archer sits in the Lords saying yes or no to laws made in this country!
He was a man of morals wasn't he?

46Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 08:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he starts banging them in for Oldham, it won't be long before other clubs start wanting him.

47Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 09:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:If he starts banging them in for Oldham, it won't be long before other clubs start wanting him.
Correct.

48Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 10:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Evans is a despicable animal that's why the press always refer to him as the rapist Ched Evans. The reason why he is loathed is because he has never apologised or shown contrition. If he held his hand up and publicly repented for raping a paralytic 19 year old girl he might be able to get another job in football. Until then he will cast a dark shadow over every football team he turns up at.

So if the review finds him innocent or that the trial was botched will you change your tune?

If you were guilty of nothing more than cheating on your missus would you hold your hands up and apologise for rape just because a jury found you guilty?

He might be guilty, he might not - but I am amazed he got sent down from the evidence that was available.

I will be utterly amazed if he wins his appeal. The video footage of the girl in the kebab shop falling over, coupled with the testimony of the night porter is pretty compelling. Add to that the text messages between McDonald and Evans prior to the offence and the video footage of Evans on the job, filmed by the third footballer, boils down to a pretty strong case for the prosecution.

49Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 11:02

scottjames30 wrote:If he starts banging them in for Oldham, it won't be long before other clubs start wanting him.

Jeffrey Archer???

50Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 11:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I reckon the only reason he hasn't shown remorse or admitted guilt is because he was hoping all along to resume his career and he feared actually coming out saying it would effectively ruin that chance. He's hoping if he can stick to his story long enough people will believe it and lay off him.

Another thing that bugs me is the sentences handed down. What's the point giving a five year sentence if he only has to serve half? That goes for everyone sentenced, not just Evans. 
Either make them serve a full sentence or just send them down for half the time. It's just a way of the courts looking like they're giving bigger sentences than they actually are so there's no uproar.

51Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 11:41

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:

Jeffrey Archer???
Ched Evans!
Jeffrey Archer is a former politician and as such will only talk a good game of football.

52Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 11:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:I reckon the only reason he hasn't shown remorse or admitted guilt is because he was hoping all along to resume his career and he feared actually coming out saying it would effectively ruin that chance. He's hoping if he can stick to his story long enough people will believe it and lay off him.

Another thing that bugs me is the sentences handed down. What's the point giving a five year sentence if he only has to serve half? That goes for everyone sentenced, not just Evans. 
Either make them serve a full sentence or just send them down for half the time. It's just a way of the courts looking like they're giving bigger sentences than they actually are so there's no uproar.
Part of the reason is cost and another is that there aren't enough rooms to lock folk in.

53Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet you got wed in a church SK and had your kids baptised.

54Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 12:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oldham have now capitulated and the deal is off despite the club agreeing personal terms with the rapist Evans.

55Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, these spanners who run football clubs are absolute bellends. Oldham have lost sponsors all for nothing.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out people would be angry at taking Evans on.

56Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 13:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a shame - they'd already renamed part of their ground as the Cheddy End as well.

57Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 13:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:What a shame - they'd already renamed part of their ground as the Cheddy End as well.
Very Happy

58Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 13:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's apologised.

Get him signed up Lennon!

59Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 13:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:He's apologised.

Get him signed up Lennon!

Actually- he hasn't.
Read it more carefully and you'll find he's only apologised 'for the effects'. Whatever that means.
One of the 'effects' was that he was sent down and is now unemployed/unemployable.
 Two steps forward and three steps back!!

60Ched Evans - Page 3 Empty Re: Ched Evans Thu Jan 08 2015, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop being picky, an apology is an apology.

I expect him to start against Leeds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum