Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British politics - I officially give up.

+16
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
boltonbonce
Sluffy
NickFazer
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Bwfc1958
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
As UKIP only intend to put up candidates in 40 or 50 constituencies out of just over 600- then in the vast majority of areas they will vote differently as there will be no UKIP candidate to vote for!!.

Not sure where you've got this idea from?

In the 2005 general election UKIP fielded 495 candadates.

In 2010 there were 572.

I some how doubt they are only going to put up 50 or so this time then, as you suggest?

Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You don't lose your pension if you voluntarily pay the NI fee every month regardless of how long you have been out of the UK.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:You don't lose your pension if you voluntarily pay the NI fee every month regardless of how long you have been out of the UK.

State pension, you do, with the current changes that have been brought in under Camerons gang, in order to tighten up regulations and put off so-called benefit cheats!

Private pension is different, although as we know, those rules were changed in this years budget as to how they can be worked - making them more open market driven.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

3rd biggest party in Britain? Rochester and Strood isn't Britain- its a small constituency to the south east of London.
 Tell me that on May 7th next year when big Nige will have the inane grin wiped off 

Whittam International plc will go from strength to strength without the bullshit that comes out of Brussels.
Whittam International is bullshit!Wink

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

UKIP third largest party? two MPs and a leader that is not even an elected MP? how would that work balance of power yet not even in the commons.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
As UKIP only intend to put up candidates in 40 or 50 constituencies out of just over 600- then in the vast majority of areas they will vote differently as there will be no UKIP candidate to vote for!!.

In 2010 there were 572.

I some how doubt they are only going to put up 50 or so this time then, as you suggest?

You're right Sluffy- I misread a statistic - there are 40 to 50 constituencies where they will invest their scarce resources, where they think they have a chance of winning. The rest are write offs even if they put candidates up.
But they still won't manage more than 10 MPS. They'll be behind SNP, Lib Dems and  both the Ulster parties in terms of numbers. In other words 6th or 7th biggest party. They are without policies on virtually every major issue  (Defence,foreign relations ,education, housing ,transport, energy, social  care, environment, agriculture, justice overseas development, trade and industry, taxation, the economy, the regions etc.,etc). Only one thing matters to them and that's closed borders.
If you want to waste your vote- then vote for UKIP- the policy -lite party

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

3rd biggest party in Britain? Rochester and Strood isn't Britain- its a small constituency to the south east of London.
 Tell me that on May 7th next year when big Nige will have the inane grin wiped off his gormless face

And to those who say leaving the EU will have an impact on the economy - bullshit! Are all our German/Dutch/French suppliers/customers suddenly going to stop dealing with us? Dream on.

If Sterling is detrimentally affected so that it becomes too expensive to trade with the UK they may well stop dealing with us, but it will vary from sector to sector. How a UKIP government would restructure European payments so that the money we put in is used to compensate for e.g. the enormous Agricultural subsidies we receive in return is debatable, but we should at least expect a huge rise in the cost of food  and anyone currently trading with UK companies would be negligent if they didn't at least check out alternative suppliers if we were to withdraw. Some people will get hurt in the process.
You would expect somebody with any business acumen to understand the ramifications of leaving the EU without it being explained? 
Forage is a multi Millionaire, it won't matter a jot to him!?!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

In 2010 there were 572.

You're right Sluffy- I misread a statistic - there are 40 to 50 constituencies where they will invest their scarce resources, where they think they have a chance of winning. The rest are write offs even if they put candidates up.
But they still won't manage more than 10 MPS. They'll be behind SNP, Lib Dems and  both the Ulster parties in terms of numbers. In other words 6th or 7th biggest party. They are without policies on virtually every major issue  (Defence,foreign relations ,education, housing ,transport, energy, social  care, environment, agriculture, justice overseas development, trade and industry, taxation, the economy, the regions etc.,etc). Only one thing matters to them and that's closed borders.
If you want to waste your vote- then vote for UKIP- the policy -lite party
Forage was discreetly banging on about privatising the NHS until it leaked out, and low and behold, his stance has now changed!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum