Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Neil Lennon still the right man?

+19
Bolton Nuts
luckyPeterpiper
JAH
Barryjw
rammywhite
FullofSprite
karlypants
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Is Lennon still the right man?

Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Vote_lcap80%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 80% [ 24 ]
Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Vote_lcap20%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

101Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lennon is the right man for the job in my opinion provided the takeover gets sorted and he actually gets some resources to build a team he wants rather than just desperately grab a handful of loans because we can't afford anything else. If the money isn't going to be there to invest in actually strengthening this squad then only one individual might be able to get us out of the drop zone. His name is Jesus Christ but even He would need to have a really good day to do it.

102Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lennon is the right man for the job in my opinion provided the takeover gets sorted and he actually gets some resources to build a team he wants rather than just desperately grab a handful of loans because we can't afford anything else. If the money isn't going to be there to invest in actually strengthening this squad then only one individual might be able to get us out of the drop zone. His name is Jesus Christ but even He would need to have a really good day to do it.
Would you disagree with spritey on the performance today then LPP? Even if he was able to bring in some decent players you still need to get them organised tactically and that is down to the coaching side of things. I never hear lennon say anything about being positionally bad or disorganised, just that we play OK, but people coming away from the games seem to disagree.

103Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon is lucky to still be in a job, a lot of other managers in this division have gone with way better records than Lennon. I wouldn't be surprised to see the new owners get rid as whatever he tries now just doesn't work and he looks like the fight has left him

104Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:17 pm

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:Lennon is lucky to still be in a job, a lot of other managers in this division have gone with way better records than Lennon. I wouldn't be surprised to see the new owners get rid as whatever he tries now just doesn't work and he looks like the fight has left him
Yes when he came in he was always stood up and running down the touchline. Now just sits on the bench

105Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:46 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

He had fight on the touchline today.

But.

Our defensive positioning is BAD again. Actually sometimes it is great but it is too easily pulled apart within seconds.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

106Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dervite and Wheater are rubbish as a pair but even Prince seems to have slipped a bit recently

107Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Because he is being coached wrong.

I keep saying this. Players look decent, even great when they first join. Then our coaches cock them up. You can see it a mile off...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

108Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:03 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck him.off, excuse after excuse.

Get the lads in from Salford.

109Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 pm

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck him.off, excuse after excuse.

Get the lads in from Salford.

Im to busy scott. Sorry mate

110Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:27 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They'll fire Lennon as soon as the takeover is complete and the new cars are ordered. If there are any ex-footballers involved, there are big egos attached. Big, fat, arrogant, education free wankers who know better than anyone else. Celebrities to the drunk loner always perched at the end of the bar and nothing more. Fucking losers.

Sick and tired of this bullshit today.

111Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's nowt really to do with Mjalby, Lennon or anyone really on this side of the fence. It's the couldn't care less, unskilled, uncommitted. not half arsed, money grubbing folk who are supposed to be footballers. If they can't be bothered fighting for a win instead of conceding silly schoolboy goals against then it's time for them to admit they are at fault and bang in their notice. But we all know they'll stay as less than passengers. Let the kids in. Pointless saying they're too young and/or inexperienced. Lets see how they perform in a big man's world. At least they won't be as expensive and certainly not any worse than the present lot.

112Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:44 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't trust Dean Holdworth one iota. He is a puppet for a group that is keeping themselves well  hidden from the fans and media until they have the club firmly in their clutches. He has probably secured an income for a couple of years by being shameless enough to represent them without a clue as to what their plans are. By fronting this bid with his fat Zorro face on it, they have managed to avoid anyone from asking any questions. The BN clowns should be all over theses bastards.

This is exactly the point where Pompey went very wrong. Selling it to a bunch of crooks was disastrous and took them to the brink.

I don't like this 'first over the line wins' bullshit one little bit.

113Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they had any serious money the takeover would have been long ago, this is a tin pot takeover but a bunch of brut and old spice muppets in marks and spencer suits.

114Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:05 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If they had any serious money the takeover would have been long ago, this is a tin pot takeover but a bunch of brut and old spice muppets in marks and spencer suits.
Laughing

115Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:25 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:If they had any serious money the takeover would have been long ago, this is a tin pot takeover but a bunch of brut and old spice muppets in marks and spencer suits.
Laughing
It's a serious business KP. We don't know what we're getting, we don't really know who's behind it and we haven't got a clue what their plans are so this really is a critical time for BWFC.

116Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:03 am

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lennon is the right man for the job in my opinion provided the takeover gets sorted and he actually gets some resources to build a team he wants rather than just desperately grab a handful of loans because we can't afford anything else. If the money isn't going to be there to invest in actually strengthening this squad then only one individual might be able to get us out of the drop zone. His name is Jesus Christ but even He would need to have a really good day to do it.
Would you disagree with spritey on the performance today then LPP? Even if he was able to bring in some decent players you still need to get them organised tactically and that is down to the coaching side of things. I never hear lennon say anything about being positionally bad or disorganised, just that we play OK, but people coming away from the games seem to disagree.
Yah, I'd disagree with sprite although I kind of understand where he's coming from. But the truth is that Lennon has been hamstrung ever since he arrived. Not just with money and injuries but with a conspicuous lack of information coming from above. How a manager can be expected to plan for the future when he doesn't know if he'll have a budget at all let alone how large for a transfer window is beyond me. I don't think he's been able to land a single target of his own choice due to lack of funds and right now we lack quality all over the park. We have a few decent players but they're all on the deck morale wise and there aren't enough of them to form a team anyway. Personally if I was taking over the club my first order of business would be to sit Neil down, ask him what he needs (not his Christmas wish list just a genuine assessment of what the club needs in order to survive in this division) and make sure he has it for January. I'd then sit him down again at the end of the season and see what he wants to do. Even if we do go down this time I'd look to keep him because I think that he's the right man long term. What he needs now is some kind of stability in the levels above him so he can actually get on with doing his job instead of spending all day answering questions about the club's finances. There are just too many off field distractions for anyone to really succeed at the moment. Hopefully Monday will bring news that signals the beginning of the end of this sorry saga.

117Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 am

Someone on the BN site has suggested that the guy in the photo sitting next to Holdsworth at the match yesterday is none other than ex-con, shady businessman and convicted fraudster Jonathon Disley (it does look very much like him) and we'd all better pray he's not involved:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's got previous for defrauding failing businesses, asset stripping them and them disappearing into the night.

You honestly couldn't make this shit up.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

118Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:26 am

Says he was jailed for four and a half years in 2013, does look like him though.

119Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:59 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Says he was jailed for four and a half years in 2013, does look like him though.

Reminds me a bit of Mike Ashley- and I'd rather have Gartside back than the likes of Ashley with his finger in the pie

120Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 6 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:37 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon has a simple job now. He isn't going to get distracted with signings/transfers and he isn't going to be burdened with unrealistic expectations from the fans or media. Plus he knows exactly what he's got to work with and his objective - survival - is unambiguous.

Finally, there is nothing left to get in his way so he can now focus exclusively on picking a team and system that will deliver the requisite points.

Personally, I don't think Lennon has the overall tactical skills to make the required difference or the organisational skills of e.g. Mjallby who tightened up our defence whilst he was with us, but he may just get us out of the mire with a bit of luck and perhaps a signing or two in January.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum