Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Neil Lennon still the right man?

+19
Bolton Nuts
luckyPeterpiper
JAH
Barryjw
rammywhite
FullofSprite
karlypants
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Is Lennon still the right man?

Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Vote_lcap80%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 80% [ 24 ]
Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

41Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Thu Oct 22 2015, 15:24

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:Based on my recent experiences of women at football matches, never the twain shall meet in my opinion.
Knob gobbling and burning bacon is the mandatory jobs of the day for them.
::seething::

42Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Thu Oct 22 2015, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Knob gobbling and burning bacon is the mandatory jobs of the day for them.
::seething::
There's nothing worse than bad grammar is there Manda?

43Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Fri Oct 23 2015, 18:10

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Neil Bonnar's column in the Bolton News makes interesting reading on this matter. Quite who'd be daft enough to take on the job with a bag of marbles to spend is beyond rational belief.
Candidates anyone.
And as a further aside how many folk on here have actually seen BWFC play this year in real time?

44Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Fri Oct 23 2015, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
And as a further aside how many folk on here have actually seen BWFC play this year in real time?

I have. Although I regret it.

45Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Fri Oct 23 2015, 18:55

Soul Kitchen wrote:

Me.

Once.

At Rotherham.

Although I did leave early and miss our goals.

#dedication

46Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Fri Oct 23 2015, 19:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A few times this season

47Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Fri Oct 23 2015, 20:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not yet. Home to Blackburn will be my first.

48Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Fri Oct 23 2015, 20:42

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

not yet, but hope to soon

49Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Oct 24 2015, 18:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The atmosphere is shite but fortunately the pre match anaesthetic is spot on!
We won't get out of this one, good to see Ameobi score but I'll put money on it being his last for a bit. We need a miracle and he ain't it!!

50Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Oct 25 2015, 00:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We're certainly not the worst team in the league taking Charlton into account; two 3-0 home losses on the bounce. Unfortunately they've sacked their manager but hopefully they'll bring in yet another crap unknown.

51Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Oct 25 2015, 04:39

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:We're certainly not the worst team in the league taking Charlton into account; two 3-0 home losses on the bounce. Unfortunately they've sacked their manager but hopefully they'll bring in yet another crap unknown.
Hopefully they don't get Megson in. You know it would work out for them.

52Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Mon Oct 26 2015, 09:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yesterday we were disappointed we didn't win so it does indicate that the performance was improved. We also managed to hang on with 10 men which was unusual for us.
And Lennon went with 4411/451 at home, which gave us that extra resilience in midfield which shows he's learnt something from recent experiences.

All this indicates he's doing what he can with this squad. If he can get a few more performances like that out of them and keep that positivity going it would be unreasonable to ask for more from the manager at this stage.

53Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 14:09

I am starting to think that he's not up to the task.

The players on the pitch just don't look up for it to me and it's his job to try and get them playing like a team.

Forget the fact that we've no money for a minute, it's down to Lennon to work with what he's got and try and get the best out of them.

And poor as the players are, I honestly think we should be performing better than we currently are.

Do they even practice attacking at Euxton?

Because last night's abysmal performance would suggest that they don't - it was truly abject and they could still be playing now and not have scored.

But it's all moot because Lennon's going nowhere because we can't afford to pay him off.

Apart from League One that is.......

54Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 16:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Is there any chance one of the mods could ammend the poll so that people can change their minds if they want to as time goes on. Cheers.

55Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 16:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm starting to think the same as you Breaders, he doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players and avoiding relegation would be a result now.

56Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 16:37

To be honest, simply avoiding relegation has probably been the target all along.

You can't hope to mount a serious promotion campaign by selling your best players and replacing them with shit, so survival must have been the sole aim for this season.

Problem is, it's looking increasingly like we're going down because the team is so poor - Gartside rolled the dice and it's back-firing massively.

The players can't even do the basics properly and Lennon is proving incapable of putting a team out that actually looks anything like it knows what it's doing.

Lennon's in limbo a bit now in my view.

He should have walked when it became apparent that he wasn't getting any cash.

If he goes now it just looks like he's bottling out of the fight because of where we are in the league and his reputation will suffer.

But if he stays and we carry on as we are, we're going down and that's a massive blot on his CV too.

So he's just got to plod on, hope for the best and keep his fingers crossed that we either finish fourth from bottom by some miracle or somebody comes in and buys the club.

57Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

You can't hope to mount a serious promotion campaign by selling your best players and replacing them with shit, so survival must have been the sole aim for this season.

Best players? Who are they? I can't remember the last decent, consistent player we had.

Gudni?

58Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:18

CYL.

Keep up.

59Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

she hasn't been since Big Sam left, she shares an armchair with Lusty

60Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 01 2015, 17:22

I can't really say owt then, can I....? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum