Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Neil Lennon still the right man?

+19
Bolton Nuts
luckyPeterpiper
JAH
Barryjw
rammywhite
FullofSprite
karlypants
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
Chairmanda
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Is Lennon still the right man?

Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Vote_lcap80%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 80% [ 24 ]
Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 20% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

81Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Wed Nov 04 2015, 15:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Anything less than 4 points from the next 3 games and it's time to move him on.
There's little chance of that and probably isn't enough anyway seeing as we're already 4 points adrift. Stopping Bristol pulling away from us is the immediate priority. It's just a matter of how desperate Neil has to get before he rethinks his tactics and does the right thing.

82Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 09:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

How long do we let this continue now then?

I know. We can't afford to sack him and pay him off because we're skint, it's not his fault he has no money to spend, who would we replace him with, nobody could do anything with these players because they're all shit,we need a striker etc etc.

On the other hand, what club has ever, in the history of football, kept a manager on who actually can't get the team to win a game of football. If we go another 4 or 5 games then we will have won only one game in about 30 attempts. Absolutely shocking.

I like Neil Lennon, I really do, and honestly believe the bloke is doing his utmost to turn this around. It's not working though is it. Question is, how long do we continue without making a change?

I'm having serious doubts now as to whether he should be kept on.

83Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 10:09

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Phil won't sack him as he will view NL as the most marketable asset to a prospective purchaser of the club. Can anybody confirm that ED has said he will only sell if Gartside is kept on as Chairman? If that's true it is totally shocking! I wonder how many sales have fallen through because they refuse to keep the weasel on?

84Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 12:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:

I like Neil Lennon, I really do, and honestly believe the bloke is doing his utmost to turn this around.

He isn't or he wouldn't be filing his weekends with tv & radio guest slots.

The guy seems to be doing fuck all, we all know we have no money but once upon a time a manager's job was to improve the players he has. How many have improved under Lennon?

None.

85Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 13:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:How long do we let this continue now then?
"We" being the Board?

There is a case for a new manager. I think he's playing the wrong system/selection and Nat argues that the current players are not individually reaching their full potential so that's two possible areas for improvement. 

However, I don't think the club has an option. If there's no money to pay player wages then there's no money to pay off the manager's contract and no money to buy a new one. For that reason alone I think he'll stay, even if we are relegated as expected.

86Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 17:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should give him a verbal warning for the Ipswich game, a written warning for the shite yesterday, and then the boot when we next fail miserably.

No pay off required.

87Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 17:13

Natasha Whittam wrote:They should give him a verbal warning for the Ipswich game, a written warning for the shite yesterday, and then the boot when we next fail miserably.

No pay off required.

Technically as he's not got two years' continuous service in yet, they can just bin him anyway.

88Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 17:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Then what are they waiting for.

89Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 17:59

Sorry, mental aberration on my part.

I forgot that the normal rules that apply in the real world don't carry the same weight in The Football Universe.

Lennon could probably drop his trollies in Gartside's office and leave a stinky mess on his rug and they'd still have to pay him off if they wanted rid.

What was I thinking....?

90Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 18:16

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:Sorry, mental aberration on my part.

I forgot that the normal rules that apply in the real world don't carry the same weight in The Football Universe.

Lennon could probably drop his trollies in Gartside's office and leave a stinky mess on his rug and they'd still have to pay him off if they wanted rid.

What was I thinking....?

If the rumour is true, we're parting ways this week.

91Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 18:18

What about cheeks?

Have they parted and is that why he's going?

92Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 18:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennons or gartsides? Very Happy

93Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 18:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gartside will probably wait until after the international break to fire him. Backward.

94Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Lennons or gartsides? Very Happy

I knew you'd pop up as soon as parted cheeks were mentioned.

95Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sun Nov 08 2015, 19:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Lennons or gartsides? Very Happy

I knew you'd pop up as soon as parted cheeks were mentioned.
Laughing

96Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Are we still backing Lennon? I'm not sure he's good enough even if he had cash to burn. 1 win in 25 now.

97Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes but what a win it was.

98Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:33

I think he deserves a chance but it is whether his heart is still in it

99Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:47

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Having voted yes on this, I've changed my mind over this performance. Looked disorganised - I could have driven  a coach and horses through that team today.

There were some good individual performances, but when it comes to operating as a unit we are poor

100Is Neil Lennon still the right man? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Neil Lennon still the right man? Sat Dec 05 2015, 19:48

We're missing Mjalby obviously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum