Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick poll

+14
wessy
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Cajunboy
xmiles
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
wanderlust
Bread2.0
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Have you changed your position on Brexit?

Quick poll - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%Quick poll - Page 6 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Quick poll - Page 6 Vote_lcap38%Quick poll - Page 6 Vote_rcap 38% [ 8 ]
Quick poll - Page 6 Vote_lcap57%Quick poll - Page 6 Vote_rcap 57% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

101Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 11:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:So that automatically means that Brexit hasn't had a negative impact on it?

Ok then...

Prices have always gone up and down.

I'm not sure some bloke in Africa producing coffee beans is that arsed about Brexit.

102Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 11:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The threat of a bad coffee harvest will do more damage to our economy than Brexit, especially as we now have an economy working 80/20 on service/manufacturing. Anyone know how many Baristas we have ?

103Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 11:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks, Nat, for (yet again) demonstrating that you don't really understand how this all works.

Coffee is classed as a "soft commodity" so the guy half way up a mountain somewhere in Africa doesn't get a say in how much we pay for it in Tesco.

So his opinion on Brexit's a bit moot.

The people who do have a say, however, are the ones trading in coffee futures on the floor of the LSE.

They can drive prices up and down depending on supply and demand.

And that's where Brexit comes in.

As part of the EU, we benefit from bulk buying power when trading with the coffee producers. This means that we can agree to purchase coffee in advance at a hugely discounted rate which isn't subject to or impacted by fluctuations in the price of coffee beans, driven by the commodities traders mentioned previously.

Once we do step outside of this protection, we will have to negotiate our own trade tariffs with the governments of the countries where coffee beans are grown.

And if they're being held over a barrel on price by the might of the EU, who do you think they'll try and recover their lost margin from?

Go on......have a guess?

104Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 12:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Coffee is classed as a "soft commodity" so the guy half way up a mountain somewhere in Africa doesn't get a say in how much we pay for it in Tesco.

Of course he does. If he decides to double his price Tesco are hardly going to absorb the cost and not pass it onto the customer.

Don't try and lecture me on business you gobshite, don't forget I was Preston Business Woman of the Year. Twice.

105Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 12:07

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You're not getting this, are you?

The is no direct link between the guy up the mountain and Tesco.

That's not how it works.....

Tesco don't buy individual batches of beans from random farmers.

Stop making yourself look daft, pet.

Go and have a Twirl or something. (While you can still afford it.)

106Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 12:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:You're not getting this, are you?

The is no direct link between the guy up the mountain and Tesco.

That's not how it works.....

Tesco don't buy individual batches of beans from random farmers.

Stop making yourself look daft, pet.

Go and have a Twirl or something. (While you can still afford it.)

Of course I get it.

I've no idea how much a coffee bean costs, but let's say that yesterday it was 10p a bean.

But today the coffee bean producer in Africa decides to double the price to 20p per bean. How on earth can that not have an impact on the final sale price?

It's like saying a major hike in the cost of chocolate beans won't affect the price of a Twirl.

107Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 12:30

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As I said, you're not very good at this, are you?

And it turns out you can't read very well either.

Go back and read the bit I posted about commodity traders, the EU's buying power and how locking in prices in advance protects us from market fluctuations.

And if you still don't get it, ask someone else who's a bit cleverer (Scott or Boggers?) to explain it to you.

108Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 12:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've spent too long on Wikipedia.

So the cost price has no bearing on the final sale price? What utter garbage. Earlier this year the cost of my iceberg lettuce went through the roof. Where was your EU to protect the cost of my lunchtime sandwich?

Twats!

109Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 12:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a service economy that is entirely dependent on a population with a high disposable income so it only makes sense that as prices continue to rise and wages stagnate, businesses will fail and baristas will be forced to seek seasonal work picking cabbages in Lincolnshire.

110Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 13:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, don’t take him on, the poor sod has a mental illness.
We really shouldn’t laugh at him.

111Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 18:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the referendum advisory?
If it wasn't, a few million have voted for something they hadn't got a clue about given the lies and inuendo generated by the three mentioned earlier.
As a plus pensions for those drawing will be up nicely next year, no doubt upsetting those years away.
Saying I've got a few years to go yet another grand a year will come in handy and I can use my proper pension pot for enjoying myself!

112Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Saying I've got a few years to go yet another grand a year will come in handy and I can use my proper pension pot for enjoying myself!

Maybe you could spend it on an education.

113Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 18:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:We have a service economy that is entirely dependent on a population with a high disposable income so it only makes sense that as prices continue to rise and wages stagnate, businesses will fail and baristas will be forced to seek seasonal work picking cabbages in Lincolnshire.
Good.

114Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 19:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wonder if the numbers voting leave based on lies, exaggerations, misconceptions, ignorance, spin, badly-explained details, etc were roughly equal to the numbers voting remain based on exactly the same criteria.

None of us still really knows how things will turn out; there are so many imponderables. I would say that we are all guessing or hoping. There are no definites. It all depends.......

I think Cowardly Cameron should come back and face the music like a man! The kingdom's plight lies at his door due to a ludicrously simplified question on the ballot paper which was bound to divide the nation.
Those with firm convictions about what the future holds amaze and astound me.

115Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 20:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Saying I've got a few years to go yet another grand a year will come in handy and I can use my proper pension pot for enjoying myself!

Maybe you could spend it on an education.
As opposed to you having a nip and tuck?

116Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 20:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

okocha wrote:I wonder if the numbers voting leave based on lies, exaggerations, misconceptions, ignorance, spin, badly-explained details, etc were roughly equal to the numbers voting remain based on exactly the same criteria.

None of us still really knows how things will turn out; there are so many imponderables. I would say that we are all guessing or hoping. There are no definites. It all depends.......

I think Cowardly Cameron should come back and face the music like a man! The kingdom's plight lies at his door due to a ludicrously simplified question on the ballot paper which was bound to divide the nation.
You vote to remain when there are no substantial facts. Who  would vote to change something when you don't know what changes there are and how acheivable they may be?

117Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 21:04

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I voted remain, I accept the results and so should everybody else. I still see people moaning about the outcome and it winds me up. They should just accept it too. As for the negotiations I wish we would just hurry up get things sorted an leave. It is dragging on far too long now.

118Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 21:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I voted remain, I accept the results and so should everybody else. I still see people moaning about the outcome and it winds me up.

Don't worry, Bread & Wanderlust wind everyone up. Just ask their wives.

119Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed 18 Oct - 8:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
okocha wrote:I wonder if the numbers voting leave based on lies, exaggerations, misconceptions, ignorance, spin, badly-explained details, etc were roughly equal to the numbers voting remain based on exactly the same criteria.

You vote to remain when there are no substantial facts. Who  would vote to change something when you don't know what changes there are and how acheivable they may be?
Around 17 million did just that

120Quick poll - Page 6 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed 18 Oct - 10:35

At the end of the day its done.  Like others have said, people had a chance and 60 odd percent just couldnt be arsed.  And why? Because everyone thought it would be remain by a mile.  It wasn't. Obviously. And rather than bickering between ourselves, the blame lays on the lazy arseholes who had a chance to vote and didnt.  The same with every election. 

Every election whether local or otherwise you do have a chance to change the current pecking order. But in most cases it stays the same. 

Why

because people think everyone is the same and its all still gonna be shit either way.

The last general election, whether you agree or not, there was a real possibility for change. But people where to caught up in what they was wearing or basing their views on whatever the daily rags where telling them. 

Nobody has a mind of their own. And before anyone starts, i would of been worse off based on thre labour manifesto, but i understand the wider scheme of things.  

When there is no NHS, when there is a divide the size of the grand canyon between the haves and the have nots, when all the hardworking immigrants are sent home and the building game is flat on its arse messing the economy up even more, when there are riots and looting and even less police and other emergenxy services to deal with it, when you have to pawn your tv to pay to have an abcess removed, remember why!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum