Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick poll

+14
wessy
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Cajunboy
xmiles
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
wanderlust
Bread2.0
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Have you changed your position on Brexit?

Quick poll - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%Quick poll - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Quick poll - Page 5 Vote_lcap38%Quick poll - Page 5 Vote_rcap 38% [ 8 ]
Quick poll - Page 5 Vote_lcap57%Quick poll - Page 5 Vote_rcap 57% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

81Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 15:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whoa.....hang on.

You're not pinning this mess on me.

It was an overly simplistic vote, carried on the back of a pack of lies funded by, amongst others, Vladimir Putin to destabilise the UK and all the evidence suggests that it will be a disaster.

Sorry, Glos....you broke it, you own it.

82Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 16:14

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just chill Breaders.

When it is all finally sorted out, you will  already be sat in the sun in Spain sipping a glass of sangria.

I just hope you can get that potting shed through customs.

Any problems give Boris a bell.

83Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 16:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Breaders, why do you think you're speaking for all the people who voted remain? There are now so many variations of view, and especially reasons for it, that it would take a lifetime to write them down.
Anyway, I don't think the process is broken, just not running as well as it should. Even if it is broken, complaining about it won't get it fixed. We could all fix it if we put our mind to it.

84Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 16:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have to be careful in case my lodgings in Spain disappear  Very Happy

85Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 16:27

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't presume to speak on behalf of every remain voter but....

Every single one I've spoken to is pretty much tearing their hair out over all this.

"Stop being obstructive and get behind the Govt" isn't a persuasive argument.

Nobody knows what the final deal (if we even get one, that is) will look like but all indicators are that it won't do us any favours.

The pound's tanked (as predicted), more and more international businesses are citing the uncertainty over all this as a reason not to invest in the UK (as predicted), the negotiations are going nowhere (as predicted), the economy's stalling (as predicted) and we're being led off a fucking cliff by a bunch of politicians who are more interested in shafting each other than they are about doing what's best for the country. As fucking predicted....

Why the fuck should I (or anybody else) be excited about that?

86Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 16:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What are Bald people doing?

87Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 16:42

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:What are Bald people doing?
Probably playing with their pubic hair I assume.

88Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 17:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There aren't any baldy remainers.

We've all got great hair.

89Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 17:31

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quick poll - Page 5 Unknow10

90Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 17:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So presumably you agree that now the majority of voters don't want Brexit we should be given the chance to ditch it? 
After all, we get a second chance to reverse every other bad democratic decision so why not this one?

So what would happen if there was a second referendum and the result was the same....would you demand a third?
Me or Glos? This is just a natural extension of Glos's logic i.e. everyone has a chance to correct mistakes. As for me, I'd probably go for a different referendum where the question actually made sense e.g. if the negotiators fail to secure a deal that delivers acceptable changes in immigration, improved trade deals, low/no payments to the EU and all the other stuff the Leave campaign suggested we were going to get at the time of the referendum, then our MPs should be instructed to have a vote of no confidence in Brexit and drop it.
That is the only way to ensure that Brexit voters get what they were promised and Remain voters don't get ripped off by a bunch of lies.

Unfortunately, the way things stand neither Leave nor Remain voters are likely to get what they want so it only makes sense to vote on the reality of the deal rather the the media-driven concept we voted on last time.
Its not what I was pointing out. I was stating that if you make a  decision, stand by the outcome, whatever it is, and stop trying to change it. How do you actually know the majority want to remain? As I tried to say before, because of the way things are going, many Brexit supporters are keeping quiet, but it doesn't mean that they have disappeared, or changed their minds.
Also, can you not see how much damage is being done to the possible outcome, by trying to change something that will not, and can not, be changed, especially after article 50 was passed by Parliament, and agreed to with the EU ? It weakens our position, and hands the prerogative to the EU. I actually feel that those still complaining are more likely to cause damage to the country than any of those who either voted for, or have accepted, the result.
So why have the British people been given the opportunity to reverse every other democratic decision in our entire history?
It's our democratic right to kick out shit Governments that we have previously voted in so democracy accepts that the electorate makes mistakes and provides us with the means to correct them.
But not this undemocratic Brexit bullshit apparently - not because of the law but because some people are saying "just accept the decision" as if the referendum were a decision on what the nation should or should not accept when clearly nobody knows what that is we are accepting.

Should we just accept for example no changes in immigration, paying the EU £100 million, no trade deals, massive tariffs on British exports and a significant decline in everyone's standard of living?
Are you really advocating we should accept being shafted by the EU and the world in general if that's the way it pans out? Are you secretly French mon ami?

Clearly if the majority of people still want Brexit as some folk on here claim despite current polls showing the contrary there's nothing to fear from a vote on what outcomes the nation should accept.

91Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Sun 15 Oct - 20:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Cajunboy wrote:Quick poll - Page 5 Unknow10
As Bread say's the poor fellow must have torn it all out ..dunno..

92Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Mon 16 Oct - 9:56

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oops! Turns out we're actually half a TRILLION quid worse off than we thought.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/10/15/britains-missing-billions-revised-figures-reveal-uk-490bn-poorer/

As it says in the article, that's a whopping 25% of the nation's GDP. Poof...! Gone......not coming back.

And a large part of it is down to a massive reversal in Foreign Direct Investment, from a £120 billion surplus to a £25 billion deficit, caused by uncertainty over Brexit.

We're going to need to sort some seriously good trade tariffs with the rest of the world (including the people at the EU who we've just pissed off massively) to limit the damage caused by this.

Or am I just being a typical negative Remoaner again?

If I put my Union Flag boxers on and sing a couple of verses of Jerusalem, will it all go away?

93Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Mon 16 Oct - 11:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next you'll be blaming your impotence on Brexit.

94Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Mon 16 Oct - 11:10

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well, my doctor did say that "long-term, unrelenting stress" could well be playing its part, so....yeah.

95Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Mon 16 Oct - 11:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander, you really should calm down. At this rate you won't be around to see all the benefits that we, as a country, will receive.  Very Happy

Anyway, as one who predicted our first 2-1 win of the season, you've got to admit that my views have to carry weight, (I'm thinking of calling myself  'Mystic Bob').  :bow:

96Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Mon 16 Oct - 12:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Wander, you really should calm down. At this rate you won't be around to see all the benefits that we, as a country, will receive.  Very Happy

Anyway, as one who predicted our first 2-1 win of the season, you've got to admit that my views have to carry weight, (I'm thinking of calling myself  'Mystic Bob').  :bow:
OK Mystic Bob. Can't wait to see how it pans out. 
But I still can't see any reason why the British people are being denied our democratic rights.

97Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Mon 16 Oct - 13:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sun looks very odd this morning.

They're blaming Ophelia,but I don't buy it. I'll be keeping a sharp eye on the moon too.

98Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 10:54

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lemme guess....?

This is just more of that Project Fear bullshit and everything's actually going swimmingly?

http://www.businessinsider.de/brexit-uk-inflation-in-september-2017?r=UK&IR=T

99Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 11:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're right, inflation never increased before Brexit did it.

100Quick poll - Page 5 Empty Re: Quick poll Tue 17 Oct - 11:08

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So that automatically means that Brexit hasn't had a negative impact on it?

Ok then...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum