Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick poll

+14
wessy
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Cajunboy
xmiles
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
wanderlust
Bread2.0
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Have you changed your position on Brexit?

Quick poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Quick poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Quick poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Quick poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% [ 8 ]
Quick poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Quick poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

21Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:23

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's odd then.

When Sluffy emailed me and begged me to come back he said I'd have unrestricted Admin powers.

He must've forgotten to add the "edit a poll" option.

No problem though. I'm quite happy just being able to read everyone's PM's and edit those.

22Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

23Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

The majority of what?

The majority of people who have voted. Try and keep up.

24Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 16:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:I voted out and still want out but not happy with how it's going.
I agree with Angry Dad in Sussex.

25Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 16:25

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Things could be worse.

Abbott and  Costello ( sorry Corbyn ) could be in charge of this fiasco.

26Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 16:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Or Boris.

27Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 16:40

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:Or Boris.
I agree.  What a terrible bunch of politicians we have in office at this crucial time  in our history.

28Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 17:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted to leave but I've regretted it ever since. The day after the referendum I was concerned at the backstabbing by Gove on Boris followed by Farage walking away saying his job was now done. It was as if the pro Brexit group didn't think they would win the day and as such they had no plan in place. The longer it goes on the more the whole leaving process comes across as a dogs breakfast. Personally, I blame Cameron for the biggest political faux pas of his entire career. Leaving Europe isn't going to be easy but I hope we can achieve it with the least disruption to our residents. There is no way we can have a second referendum but if we did I feel that the result would be different. Just my take on events.

29Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 17:48

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cheers, RT.

Out of interest, why do you think a second referendum's out of the question?

I think it's the only sensible course of action, once all the facts are known (if they ever are).

And it would be a handy cop out for whoever's running the government in 2019. They all know it's a terrible idea to leave the EU and a second referendum which delivered an overwhelming remain vote would allow them to abandon this stupid idea without actually having to acknowledge it.

30Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 18:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty sure that Mother Teresa wanted us to stay in the EU but she kept a low profile during the campaign to cover her bases. As a democracy we have to accept the majority decision and that's why I don't think the Tories will push for a second referendum even though secretly I suspect the majority would have voted to stay. The whole thing is a crock of shit unfortunately.

31Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 18:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm pretty sure that Mother Teresa wanted us to stay in the EU but she kept a low profile during the campaign to cover her bases. As a democracy we have to accept the majority decision and that's why I don't think the Tories will push for a second referendum even though secretly I suspect the majority would have voted to stay. The whole thing is a crock of shit unfortunately.

The trouble with a referendum is that it isn't reversable in a few years time unlike a general election. Only 36% of eligible voters voted for brexit and it was still quite close at 52/48. Personally I can't see any reason why another referendum when the terms are known isn't a reasonable course of action despite some brexit extremists acting as if the referendum vote was handed down from heaven on tablets of stone.

32Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 18:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

The majority of what?

The majority of people who have voted. Try and keep up.

Not any more. Try to keep up. Laughing

33Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 19:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM. What do you think of a possible second referendum being limited to those who voted the first time ? After all, if some couldn’t be arsed to join in the first time. Why let them now?
My point is that there are a myriad of different arguments and interpretations of the current mess we’re in, but one constant in all of it, is that we are coming out of the EU. I believe that this is one position the politicians can not get around. If they reneged on the right and morally correct action of adhering to a legal and democratic result, it would cause absolute havoc, for the whole country.  Bear in mind that though the vast majority of the exit voters are keeping quiet, probably because things are in such a state, they are still there, waiting. As for people changing, I believe that can go both ways, especially when the EU politics, bully boy tactics, and intransigence, is taken into account.

34Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 19:26

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:XM. What do you think of a possible second referendum being limited to those who voted the first time ? After all, if some couldn’t be arsed to join in the first time. Why let them now?
My point is that there are a myriad of different arguments and interpretations of the current mess we’re in, but one constant in all of it, is that we are coming out of the EU. I believe that this is one position the politicians can not get around. If they reneged on the right and morally correct action of adhering to a legal and democratic result, it would cause absolute havoc, for the whole country.  Bear in mind that though the vast majority of the exit voters are keeping quiet, probably because things are in such a state, they are still there, waiting. As for people changing, I believe that can go both ways, especially when the EU politics, bully boy tactics, and intransigence, is taken into account.

Come on now, Glos.......

You suggest banning anyone who didn't vote the first time round from having a say in the second referendum but then go on to talk about a "legal and democratic result."

You can't play the "it's the democratic will of the people" card and then suggest that we exclude eligible voters from the process, mate.

And as for remain voters changing their minds, I'm yet to see a single shred of evidence for that. Anywhere.

35Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 19:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:XM. What do you think of a possible second referendum being limited to those who voted the first time ? After all, if some couldn’t be arsed to join in the first time. Why let them now?

I don't understand why you think restricting voting in a second referendum to those who voted in the first is a good idea although it would probably help the remainers as the older you are the more likely you are to have voted leave!

As far as it being morally right to continue with brexit, would that still be your view if overwhelming convincing evidence emerges that it will be the disaster that I expect? In other words carry on regardless of the consequences. This just seems like an abdication of responsibility.

36Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 20:07

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

I don't understand why you think restricting voting in a second referendum to those who voted in the first is a good idea although it would probably help the remainers as the older you are the more likely you are to have voted leave!

As far as it being morally right to continue with brexit, would that still be your view if overwhelming convincing evidence emerges that it will be the disaster that I expect? In other words carry on regardless of the consequences. This just seems like an abdication of responsibility.

Half the people who voted are probably dead by now

37Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 21:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Half the people who voted are probably dead by now

I wouldn't go that far.

38Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 21:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sun will rise in the morning, the world will keep on moving whatever happens, enjoy your days.
Worry about the important things in life, some soul finding needed on here.

39Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 21:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I voted remain, i don't think we have any idea of how bad it will become yet, our negotiating team seem clueless. Although i honestly believe the referendum was phrased poorly and people were ill informed, i think it would be political suicide to call for a second referendum. it would cast doubts on any future election result ans simply that can't be allowed to happen.

40Quick poll - Page 2 Empty Re: Quick poll Fri Oct 13 2017, 21:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:The sun will rise in the morning, the world will keep on moving whatever happens, enjoy your days.
Worry about the important things in life, some soul finding needed on here.
Yes indeed. We need some British spunk.
Quick poll - Page 2 E259e07ae063062bae0ed9e7f67416cc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum