Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies.

+15
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
observer
Natasha Whittam
carrs
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
waynagain
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
terenceanne
NickFazer
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:39

Look back at the comments, you're the only one who's failed to have a reasoned debate, calling me a 'fucking idiot' for instance.

Of course I enjoy winning, you've made it pretty easy in this case.

I wanted to hear your potential candidate for the Bolton job, somebody you thought would do a better job. You've failed to produce a name.

I told you my opinion and why I thought Dougie was a good manager. I wanted you to suggest a reason why Dougie was so poor in your eyes - a bad run of 4 games is not grounds to sack somebody, and doesn't make them a bad manager. You've failed to do that.

The circumstance you describe about Eddie is very interesting, but I don't think that situation is as close as you seem to think - just my opinion, I know as little about the situation as anybody else at this point, time will tell.

102Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 15:28

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:Look back at the comments, you're the only one who's failed to have a reasoned debate, calling me a 'fucking idiot' for instance.

Of course I enjoy winning, you've made it pretty easy in this case.

I wanted to hear your potential candidate for the Bolton job, somebody you thought would do a better job. You've failed to produce a name.

I told you my opinion and why I thought Dougie was a good manager. I wanted you to suggest a reason why Dougie was so poor in your eyes - a bad run of 4 games is not grounds to sack somebody, and doesn't make them a bad manager. You've failed to do that.

The circumstance you describe about Eddie is very interesting, but I don't think that situation is as close as you seem to think - just my opinion, I know as little about the situation as anybody else at this point, time will tell.
So you are only here for a competition in the hope of winning ? Winding up a WUM

You didn't and still not said anything which can show DF is a decent manager, decent being the word you used. I see he had a good first run out but failing to show improvement or even carrying that over. That led me to question the absence of his first team coach at palace, after all it is the first team who look out of sorts and demotivated heads down, something wrong with the approach setup and mentality on the pitch. So was it a lucky first outing last season and just the new manager syndrome and now the realisation without his coach for the first full term he's not the same it was not all him at Palace.

You know I will not name a manager why should I. You and Phil are happy to pick DF where as I would want to cast my net look at the alternatives and options to me. To be guided in finding who I should pick for a very importantly decision I will be making on behalf of club. I would have wanted to know and be sure I got a package of the full team if that is what it was going to take to get DF and a good return on the pitch, however you and phil are happy to jump and just grab the name and some bits. I question that on business grounds stating it is not the way we should be working in this day and age.

As for the club wake up and smell the coffee. We are working in the short term, we have no medium term planning as there is no point in one until such time as the current financial crises turns the corner. With having such a large increase in debt in a relatively short space of time and the added blow from world affairs. We have to work short term as it is dictated by conditions. Conditions I believe could have been eased by a different approach some time ago, but that does not and should not stop us making those decisions now.

103Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 15:59

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is an old story, but it shows that Eddie was charging Bolton Wanderers 10% interest on loans

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What really stands out is the last sentence in the story. I basically says Eddie is not invested in BWFC just because of his 'love for the club'.

104Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:30

carrs wrote:
You didn't and still not said anything which can show DF is a decent manager, 
From my first reply to you. 

'He turned Palace from a relegation side to a premier league team with no budget - by bringing through youth players, picking up unknown stars and revolutionising their training and sports science teams.'

I'll go into more detail if you really need me to, but I think that's perfectly clear.

You cannot write off his achievements at Palace, that team was his and Holloway very nearly cost them promotion (their fans words in the closing weeks of the season).

Jedinak, Parr, Bolasie and Murray 4 of Palace's most important players last season, all Dougie signings, all cheap, unkown and very successful. This is the kind of thing we need to be doing to succeed and not waste money on over rated shit. He's done it with Medo and he's going to need to do it again.

Bringing through youth is another thing he'll have to do, he did it at Palace, Zaha and Williams, two more vital players for Palace last season. Lucky to have such good youth yes, but he made sure they were given their chance. As he has with Odelusi (who credits Dougie with resurrecting his career at the club), he's getting Clough and Lester around the first team and  brought in White and Wilkinson, 2 very bright prospects linked with big moves before coming to us.

He's brought back the sports science that Big Sam pioneered for us, personally I'd regard sports science as a given in modern day football so I don't give him massive credit for that, it's to be expected, same goes for training which current players have praised since he replaced Coyle. Sounds far more professional.

He's shown his tactical nous, which is a relief after Coyle and 442 every week. We'll find the right formation once we get over these injuries and Im confident we'll get on another run.

He has plenty of positive attributes, wanting managers sacked after 4 games is embarrassing, he deserves more time to get us going again. He's made some good signings over summer under very difficult constraints, every single one has improved us though. Results will come.

105Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:He's made some good signings over summer under very difficult constraints, every single one has improved us though. Results will come.
Your opinion. Results suggest otherwise.

106Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:44

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:He's made some good signings over summer under very difficult constraints, every single one has improved us though. Results will come.
Your opinion. Results suggest otherwise.
Of course it is, that's the point of the forum and there hasn't been enough games played to make a solid judgement either way yet.

107Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:49

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman won ONE game more than he lost at Palace.
Why would he leave a club he had built from nothing to join a club in distress?

108Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:03

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:
carrs wrote:
You didn't and still not said anything which can show DF is a decent manager, 
From my first reply to you. 

'He turned Palace from a relegation side to a premier league team with no budget - by bringing through youth players, picking up unknown stars and revolutionising their training and sports science teams.'

I'll go into more detail if you really need me to, but I think that's perfectly clear.

You cannot write off his achievements at Palace, that team was his and Holloway very nearly cost them promotion (their fans words in the closing weeks of the season).

Jedinak, Parr, Bolasie and Murray 4 of Palace's most important players last season, all Dougie signings, all cheap, unkown and very successful. This is the kind of thing we need to be doing to succeed and not waste money on over rated shit. He's done it with Medo and he's going to need to do it again.

Bringing through youth is another thing he'll have to do, he did it at Palace, Zaha and Williams, two more vital players for Palace last season. Lucky to have such good youth yes, but he made sure they were given their chance. As he has with Odelusi (who credits Dougie with resurrecting his career at the club), he's getting Clough and Lester around the first team and  brought in White and Wilkinson, 2 very bright prospects linked with big moves before coming to us.

He's brought back the sports science that Big Sam pioneered for us, personally I'd regard sports science as a given in modern day football so I don't give him massive credit for that, it's to be expected, same goes for training which current players have praised since he replaced Coyle. Sounds far more professional.

He's shown his tactical nous, which is a relief after Coyle and 442 every week. We'll find the right formation once we get over these injuries and Im confident we'll get on another run.

He has plenty of positive attributes, wanting managers sacked after 4 games is embarrassing, he deserves more time to get us going again. He's made some good signings over summer under very difficult constraints, every single one has improved us though. Results will come.
When will you learn to read properly and digest, understand before spouting from the hymn sheet

DF  prominence and stock value only rose at Palace when he acquired his first team coach. The one he didn't bring with him here. Do you not grasp the point of the missing first team coach was an integral part of the package which did well at Palace. You make him out to be a Saint when he has no managerial record except those months at Palace when they did well with that first team coach.

So until he does the same again and actually achieves something he is a one hit wonder and most definitely not a decent manager with a record to substantiate it. Remember the music industry reference.

109Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe that there are some out there that must believe his performance last season was an abject failure and hasn't afforded him more than 4 games in what would be his first full season at the club.

modern football in a nutshell really.

instant results or we'll boo the fuck out of you, a few wins and you're god again.

embarrassing really.

(and no not tarring everyone, plenty of good points raised by those not sold on him, some very valid)

110Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I can't believe that there are some out there that must believe his performance last season was an abject failure and hasn't afforded him more than 4 games in what would be his first full season at the club.

If we'd been in games, creating chances I think opinions would be different. There's an argument that eventually chances turn into goals.

But right now we can't defend and we can't even get the ball into the oppositions box to give ourselves half a chance. We don't have any players capable of changing games and there is a whole negative vibe around the club.

Fans need to see potential - right now we have none.

111Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:21

carrs wrote:When will you learn to read properly and digest, understand before spouting from the hymn sheet

DF  prominence and stock value only rose at Palace when he acquired his first team coach. The one he didn't bring with him here. Do you not grasp the point of the missing first team coach was an integral part of the package which did well at Palace. You make him out to be a Saint when he has no managerial record except those months at Palace when they did well with that first team coach.

So until he does the same again and actually achieves something he is a one hit wonder and most definitely not a decent manager with a record to substantiate it. Remember the music industry reference.

You've made your point about Popovic very clear, but let's face it your clutching at straws, I've chosen to ignore your point because there's no evidence to support it, just a random guess you've made because it fits your ramblings. 

Where was Popovic during our run of form last season? Was he skyping Dougie with ideas every night?

So for all of the posts you've put on here you've managed to make two points.

1. We need to sack everybody and hire a new board who can then appoint a new manager. (You have no ideas for who that could be.)

2.Tony Popovic is the reason behind Dougie's success at Palace, clearly the mastermind. Begs the question why Palace didn't just stop wasting time and make him manager? And why he's only a manager in Sydney now. Strange.

The most important point you've missed continually is that we can't bring in top quality managers who will guarantee success, we don't have the pull or the finance. It's a manager with potential or a Championship manager like Mick.

112Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 18:17

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:

You've made your point about Popovic very clear, but let's face it your clutching at straws, I've chosen to ignore your point because there's no evidence to support it, just a random guess you've made because it fits your ramblings. 

Where was Popovic during our run of form last season? Was he skyping Dougie with ideas every night?

So for all of the posts you've put on here you've managed to make two points.

1. We need to sack everybody and hire a new board who can then appoint a new manager. (You have no ideas for who that could be.)

2.Tony Popovic is the reason behind Dougie's success at Palace, clearly the mastermind. Begs the question why Palace didn't just stop wasting time and make him manager? And why he's only a manager in Sydney now. Strange.

The most important point you've missed continually is that we can't bring in top quality managers who will guarantee success, we don't have the pull or the finance. It's a manager with potential or a Championship manager like Mick.
Where was Popovic - I already stated where he was, you didn't read my logic and reasoning did you.
So we sit and wait, ask DF if they did Skype it could be true for all you and I know. Perhaps he is with Skippy now as he thought it would be good experience out there, many managers cut their early years in odd places. Experience as he wanted it and Palace didn't want to risk going with young potential they wanted a man to take them over the finish line.
Why didn't Dougie try his utmost to keep him with him ? Because he wanted a managers role as he was confident he had it in himself. Good luck to him go for it.

The rest and everything you say is just your opinion and a excuse for you to carry on trying to bait me. A classic WUM tactic.

You are very good at trying to interpret things how you want to read them and then quote them as if I said them

Again just your opinion and belief on who we can afford and get as a manager. Usual scare tactics about Mick I heard all that from ginger fans

All your waffle is pure opinion reshaping my words to try and look smart. You don't go near the business points I make why not ?

So for all your words and replies you can not and will not be able to state beyond doubt that DF is a decent manager. Leave it at that or you will drag us around us circles for the season. Come back when he is a decent manager won things and achieved something of note. Then you may say I told you so he had the potential and now look he has done it and become a decent manager.

Give it up I do

113Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:00

Where was Popovic - I already stated where he was, you didn't read my logic and reasoning did you. - Like all your points you've given no logic or reason, just guesswork.

Again just your opinion and belief on who we can afford and get as a manager. - Successful top quality managers go to the top clubs, the rest of us have to take a gamble in one form or another when appointing a manager. 

You don't go near the business points I make why not? - I get the feeling you think you're some sort of businessman, I can assure you that nothing you've said is complicated in any way. You think that if we were to go into administration one of the options Eddie would have would be sacking everyone. Which is fine, but not really relevant to our debate over Freedman.

So for all your words and replies you can not and will not be able to state beyond doubt that DF is a decent manager. - Of course I can't, nobody can. Look at Harry Redknapp, some think he's a brilliant manager others think he's shit. It's called an opinion.

I've got no issue with you not rating Dougie, that's fair enough given his lack of experience. What I don't like is the reaction to me giving you my opinion; 

I'm sick of pricks trying to justify the shit with the same old bollocks.

you are so thick and incapable of understanding it.

I am sick of fucking idiots like you

Embarrassing that you're that wound up over me disagreeing with you that you feel the need to come out with this kind of shit. Not sharing your POV doesn't make me an idiot, but must say Im glad to have got to you so badly.

114Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:15

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

You think you got to me
The whole point was to get you there and for you to finally admit which do. You originally claimed he was a decent manager and at last you admit you can not substantiate it.

I thank you I knew you had it in you

Now we let go and move on.

115Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I can't believe that there are some out there that must believe his performance last season was an abject failure and hasn't afforded him more than 4 games in what would be his first full season at the club.

If we'd been in games, creating chances I think opinions would be different. There's an argument that eventually chances turn into goals.

But right now we can't defend and we can't even get the ball into the oppositions box to give ourselves half a chance. We don't have any players capable of changing games and there is a whole negative vibe around the club.

Fans need to see potential - right now we have none.
to be fair we have been in every game. Forrest aside.

2 draws, extremely even games. QPR - beckford miss, Medo hits the post, CD's chance late on. QPR, very few chances bit of a smash and grab.

and that was the best team and a "premiership" squad apparently.

Is everything perfect, not a chance, the most alarming thing for me has been the lack of creativity, and honestly I don't get the reluctance to set hall "free" but I'm still failing to see why after last season, It's taken four, yes, of which three were a coin toss, for fans to start banging the sack drum.

and i don't think "lack of chances" is really a reason to be sacking someone after four games is it.

If last season was really poor and we'd scraped to avoid relegation, i could understand the murmurings, but as it is, I'm "baffled" to use bolton fans favourite term.

116Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:22

Clearly I did get to you carrs. 

I still think Dougie is a decent manager, and have made my reasons very clear to you. I certainly haven't 'admitted' anything to the contrary, but if you would like to believe that to help you recover, feel free I won't hold it against you.

117Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
to be fair we have been in every game. Forrest aside.

2 draws, extremely even games. QPR - beckford miss, Medo hits the post, CD's chance late on. QPR, very few chances bit of a smash and grab.

and that was the best team and a "premiership" squad apparently.

Is everything perfect, not a chance, the most alarming thing for me has been the lack of creativity, and honestly I don't get the reluctance to set hall "free" but I'm still failing to see why after last season, It's taken four, yes, of which three were a coin toss, for fans to start banging the sack drum.

and i don't think "lack of chances" is really a reason to be sacking someone after four games is it.

If last season was really poor and we'd scraped to avoid relegation, i could understand the murmurings, but as it is, I'm "baffled" to use bolton fans favourite term.
Of course "lack of chances" is part of it - who wants to watch football when your team can't even get the ball in the box, never mind the net.

People are being bored to death by BWFC under Freedman, football is still in the entertainment business last time I checked.

118Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:42

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:Clearly I did get to you carrs. 

I still think Dougie is a decent manager, and have made my reasons very clear to you. I certainly haven't 'admitted' anything to the contrary, but if you would like to believe that to help you recover, feel free I won't hold it against you.
Oh dear
He reverts to type.
Go on then pop another of your mind reading thingies in again I like them

119Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 20:21

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Clearly I did get to you carrs. 

Oh dear
He reverts to type.
Go on then pop another of your mind reading thingies in again I like them
Carrs, haven't you realised that bwfc1874 is NEVER wrong yet? Just ask him if he's ever been wrong about anything and he'll try to start an arguement, and when he feels he might be losing that arguement he'll call you a 'fucking idiot' - a very professional way of doing things as an administrator. Maybe because Gartside does the same thing with the club admin he feels he need to copy him -  I suspect he actually is Gartside.

120Eddie Davies. - Page 6 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 20:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:and when he feels he might be losing that arguement he'll call you a 'fucking idiot' - a very professional way of doing things as an administrator.
1874 is Admin? Why wasn't I asked?

Mod wankers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum