Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies.

+15
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
observer
Natasha Whittam
carrs
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
waynagain
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
terenceanne
NickFazer
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

81Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:28

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bwfc1874 wrote:you haven't given me your opinion on what manager you'd like?
We should go for Russell Slade, an experienced old cookie doing a fantastic job at Orient.

82Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 20:19

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:
You can not say why he IS a decent manager as there are no facts to support that.
Already been said in my first post to you.

'..it's about recognising potential. He turned Palace from a relegation side to a premier league team with no budget - by bringing through youth players, picking up unknown stars and revolutionising their training and sports science teams..' 

It's well known what my opinion is and who should have got the job. Jimmy Phillips has more potential I'll throw that word in as you like it so much. He is the man we should have had and one we will regret not appointing. 

It's not well known to me, I've never read your posts before.

But that really is laughable, you think Dougie doesn't have enough experience - fair enough I get that. But somehow Jimmy Phillips does?! You're contradicting yourself. Is the real reason just the fact you'd never heard of Dougie before he was appointed?

Keep throwing around insults as much as you like, so far though you haven't put together a proper point. It's just swearing and getting wound up. As I said try and read my comments, I've explained my opinion very clearly for you, don't like it, don't read it.
Back to school

Who led Palace into the Premiership hint it was not DF
My mention of JP was past tense, and you tell me to read your comments again. However since the current potential DF is not cutting the mustard if we have to keep with potential in which case JP for me.

Try and deflect it and keep trying to say Potential is another word for Decent in the sense of a good successful manager of a professional football team. Hope is more akin to Potential than Decent

Everybody always follows the same old when saying who they would have, it's time to change and change for the better.
My way forward would be a new broom to sweep out the entire boardroom and more, bring in people to find a new board, chairman and manager. All old habits and thinking need to be swept out. At present we only have the Academy being run anywhere near like a professional and business like manner which doesn't say much for the rest, now that is a unit which relies and manages potential hopefully we will see that last improvement to it filtering through in due course.  If we continue with the current mind set the club will continue to increase the red figures until the sad day comes.

83Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 20:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

carrs wrote:My way forward would be a new broom to sweep out the entire boardroom and more, bring in people to find a new board, chairman and manager. All old habits and thinking need to be swept out...

...If we continue with the current mind set the club will continue to increase the red figures until the sad day comes.
It can't happen though unless Davies wants it to be - he picks the board, chairman and possibly even says whom he wants as manager too.

He's shown no inclination that he's for any kind of change - and doesn't even seem to be worried about the debt - as we discussed in length above.

My conclusion from this is that whatever it is he IS doing (I haven't worked it out myself yet) meets his financial requirements and presumably will continue to do so.

Anyway going off at something of a tangent is Freedman really the 'brains' as manager or is the old fox Lennie Lawrence really pulling the strings with Freedman being the 'acceptable' face of a club manager - ie, young, articulate and decent with a great deal of potential?

84Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 21:06

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy wrote:
carrs wrote:My way forward would be a new broom to sweep out the entire boardroom and more, bring in people to find a new board, chairman and manager. All old habits and thinking need to be swept out...

...If we continue with the current mind set the club will continue to increase the red figures until the sad day comes.
Anyway going off at something of a tangent is Freedman really the 'brains' as manager or is the old fox Lennie Lawrence really pulling the strings with Freedman being the 'acceptable' face of a club manager - ie, young, articulate and decent with a great deal of potential?
Was warned long ago about Lennie being the man and brains behind DF and it wouldn't last long as they thought Lennie had lost his old magic touch.

85Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 21:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw the palace fans saying that.... when DF decided to join us.

"It was all lennie anyway"

sounded like sour grapes to me, only natural for a manager and deputy to bounce ideas and share the load anyway, don't see why thats a bad thing.

86Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 22:34

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I saw the palace fans saying that.... when DF decided to join us.

"It was all lennie anyway"

sounded like sour grapes to me, only natural for a manager and deputy to bounce ideas and share the load anyway, don't see why thats a bad thing.
I didn't get my version from Palace fans. The way to find out would be to cut Lennie's right arm off, if Dougie doesn't speak or move after that I know my friend was spot on. Jokes like let me out of the box etc abounded over a beer when talking of the twosome.

87Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 22:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wasn't it DF that built and strengthened and put in place the mechanism to get Palaace promotion.

Wasn't it thsi time last year that Palace fans were calling fro his head and then from September onwards he could do no wrong and Palace fans, at the time, were sure that DF would not leave Palace for Bolton as they were climbing and winning.

Wasn't it fact that up until Coyle leaving, last season, we were more than definite relegation fodder.
Wasn't it also teh case that DF actually managed to take Bolton from Relegation to 7th place and ALMOST into the play-off when many of us fans had already written teh club off for promotion?

It seems to me DF has done well so far and there is definietly no need to worry just yet - if history is repeating itself thenwe should start to see an improvement in teh next couple of weeks and please try to remember we play more league games in this divison than in The Premier League and enough taems do get their chance for a good run for promotion within the season.

88Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 00:28

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc71 wrote:Wasn't it DF that built and strengthened and put in place the mechanism to get Palaace promotion.

Wasn't it thsi time last year that Palace fans were calling fro his head and then from September onwards he could do no wrong and Palace fans, at the time, were sure that DF would not leave Palace for Bolton as they were climbing and winning.

Wasn't it fact that up until Coyle leaving, last season, we were more than definite relegation fodder.
Wasn't it also teh case that DF actually managed to take Bolton from Relegation to 7th place and ALMOST into the play-off when many of us fans had already written teh club off for promotion?

It seems to me DF has done well so far and there is definietly no need to worry just yet - if history is repeating itself thenwe should start to see an improvement in teh next couple of weeks and please try to remember we play more league games in this divison than in The Premier League and enough taems do get their chance for a good run for promotion within the season.
Dougie did that all alone ?

We have not got the same team in that he had then. He's here with Lennie but a key piece is now down under with Skippy.

Bolton is very different than Palace just because he was great there doesn't mean you can transplant it and get the same sort of success. He's young with not much experience only becoming a manager in Jan 2011. That missing one worried me when he didn't come and now with the game plan we don't seem to have we may regret it if Dougie is not the wonder boy without him by his side. Maybe Skippy got the best of the bunch and we got the left overs

89Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 11:54

carrs wrote:Back to school

My mention of JP was past tense, and you tell me to read your comments again. However since the current potential DF is not cutting the mustard if we have to keep with potential in which case JP for me.

Try and deflect it and keep trying to say Potential is another word for Decent in the sense of a good successful manager of a professional football team. Hope is more akin to Potential than Decent

Everybody always follows the same old when saying who they would have, it's time to change and change for the better.
My way forward would be a new broom to sweep out the entire boardroom and more, bring in people to find a new board, chairman and manager. All old habits and thinking need to be swept out. At present we only have the Academy being run anywhere near like a professional and business like manner which doesn't say much for the rest, now that is a unit which relies and manages potential hopefully we will see that last improvement to it filtering through in due course.  If we continue with the current mind set the club will continue to increase the red figures until the sad day comes.
Whether or not your mention of JP was past tense is irrelevant, you still wanted to appoint a manager with even less experience than Dougie. Which makes your criticisms of his lack of experience looking ridiculously dim.

At no point have I tried to say potential is another word for decent, I think he already is a decent manager as proved last season and I think he'll prove it again this - you've jumped onto a football forum and written him off after 4 games. Potential is vital for a young manager, so you discounting it really is laughable, he's shown it in all the ways I've listed in previous posts. 

As I've made very clear to you we can't attract top quality managers so we get one we think can develop into one and at this point is a decent manager (DF). 

As you say, the academies being run professionally DF keen to be involved in that as possible, he's also making big efforts to improve the development squads which he should be given credit for. No previous manager has encouraged that, he's brought a new philosophy to the club in the way we treat those teams which will be integral to the future of the club.

So, obviously you'd sack DF tomorrow if you could. So who would you bring in instead (Seeing as your JP suggestion was past tense)?

90Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 12:16

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:
carrs wrote:Back to school

Whether or not your mention of JP was past tense is irrelevant, you still wanted to appoint a manager with even less experience than Dougie. Which makes your criticisms of his lack of experience looking ridiculously dim.

At no point have I tried to say potential is another word for decent, I think he already is a decent manager as proved last season and I think he'll prove it again this - you've jumped onto a football forum and written him off after 4 games. Potential is vital for a young manager, so you discounting it really is laughable, he's shown it in all the ways I've listed in previous posts. 

As I've made very clear to you we can't attract top quality managers so we get one we think can develop into one and at this point is a decent manager (DF). 

As you say, the academies being run professionally DF keen to be involved in that as possible, he's also making big efforts to improve the development squads which he should be given credit for. No previous manager has encouraged that, he's brought a new philosophy to the club in the way we treat those teams which will be integral to the future of the club.

So, obviously you'd sack DF tomorrow if you could. So who would you bring in instead (Seeing as your JP suggestion was past tense)?
Let Df near the academy and he will feck up the good work so far.

Don't speak for me, don't say I said something I didn't.

If that is your only retort ?

What you never realised he doesn't have the same backroom as Palace ? and you didn't even try and answer or comment regarding the set up situation, you know debate it. You are so stuck up a blind alley I have no intention of letting you and others at Bolton taking me with them up that alley.

If you learn to read you will see I did answer your final question.

Ill leave you in peace to talk ballocks to a wall.

91Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 12:39

Laughing 

Good to see you can't actually come up with an argument to what I've said, what a nonsense response! Not one actual point from you!

Apart from Popovic he has all his main staff from Palace. There's no debate to be had about the set up of the club, you saying it's bollocks is no evidence that it is.

The only name you've given for a new manager is Jimmy Phillips, so  I'll accept that as your answer.

92Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:00

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:Laughing 

Good to see you can't actually come up with an argument to what I've said, what a nonsense response! Not one actual point from you!

Apart from Popovic he has all his main staff from Palace. There's no debate to be had about the set up of the club, you saying it's bollocks is no evidence that it is.

The only name you've given for a new manager is Jimmy Phillips, so  I'll accept that as your answer.
Your are joking
Trying to dig yourself out of the shit you live in.
Don't tell me there is no debate when I raised a valid point around a first team coach. We've done JP and you still can not read my answer or understand it All you say is what you want to say for me.

I told you once try and learn English. I have given a very clear way forward and what approach I would take

I am sick of fucking idiots like you who can not even read and comprehend what has been said to them
All you are concerned with is singing the party hymn and trying to speak for me

Start at the top read, understand, digest and then think of a reasoned reply only then consider writing it down.

In reply to your last comment telling me what you will say for me
You are angry as you can not think or read like the rest of the human race so I'll say that rules out you understanding anything on here. As you have not read or understand anything so far.

93Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carrs - calm down and have a pastie, you'll feel much better

94Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:15

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Norpig wrote:Carrs - calm down and have a pastie, you'll feel much better
Always calm, not seen rough seas for a while now. You have to be careful in rough seas mind you never know you might sink.

95Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:26

carrs wrote:Your are joking
Trying to dig yourself out of the shit you live in.
Don't tell me there is no debate when I raised a valid point around a first team coach. We've done JP and you still can not read my answer or understand it All you say is what you want to say for me.

I told you once try and learn English. I have given a very clear way forward and what approach I would take

I am sick of fucking idiots like you who can not even read and comprehend what has been said to them
All you are concerned with is singing the party hymn and trying to speak for me

Start at the top read, understand, digest and then think of a reasoned reply only then consider writing it down.

In reply to your last comment telling me what you will say for me
You are angry as you can not think or read like the rest of the human race so I'll say that rules out you understanding anything on here. As you have not read or understand anything so far.
You haven't even made 20 posts and you're already melting down, half of that last comment is gibberish let's be honest.

Your plan is that you want the entire board and management sacked. Unrealistic for one thing, but my biggest problem with that is you can't even name who you'd want to employ as manager! Hardly the 'very clear way forward' you claim to have portrayed.

As I said to you, if you don't like to have a debate and read other peoples views you've really chosen the wrong website to sign up to.

96Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:42

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:
You haven't even made 20 posts and you're already melting down, half of that last comment is gibberish let's be honest.

Your plan is that you want the entire board and management sacked. Unrealistic for one thing, but my biggest problem with that is you can't even name who you'd want to employ as manager! Hardly the 'very clear way forward' you claim to have portrayed.

As I said to you, if you don't like to have a debate and read other peoples views you've really chosen the wrong website to sign up to.
Oh dear so you think I am a newbie and melting down, little do you know.

Why should I name one as I am going to bring in people who will search and draw up a suitable list for me. I am not qualified to pick a name out of the hat. So I do what I normally do. You want me to just pick one name when I can cast a wider net using other methods to bring in the best for Bolton Wanderers. I want whats best and done in the best way to get the best people in for Bolton Wanderers to turn the whole ship around. 
Did you know that is common in the real world and you try and have another go at ushering me away.

Nice try you have showed you lack intelligence or any understanding of business in today's world.

97Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:03

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Carrs, you do realise that bwfc 1874 is actually Phil Gartside?

98Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:07

Ushering you away? All I said was you need to accept other opinions without calling me a 'fucking idiot' just because I don't share your insight.

That insight being; 'Sack everybody and then hire a load of new people who in turn can hire a manager'

Fascinating. But considering this is a football forum where we debate our own opinions, it's ridiculously boring.

'Who do you want as our new manager?'

'I'd like to hire a team of consultants to give me a list of names as I can't think of/don't know  any myself'

Sleep

99Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:22

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:Ushering you away? All I said was you need to accept other opinions without calling me a 'fucking idiot' just because I don't share your insight.

That insight being; 'Sack everybody and then hire a load of new people who in turn can hire a manager'

Fascinating. But considering this is a football forum where we debate our own opinions, it's ridiculously boring.

'I'd like to hire a team of consultants to give me a list of names as I can't think of/don't know  any myself'

Sleep
Can you explain why his views should not be considered because he has 'only made 20 posts'?

100Eddie Davies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:25

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:Ushering you away? All I said was you need to accept other opinions without calling me a 'fucking idiot' just because I don't share your insight.

Sleep
Oh dear I am not your teacher I do not want to be your teacher.

You don't like reasoned debate now so what do you like. Winning and feeling good about yourself ?

You do know the remove the whole board and sweep clean will be one of three options put under Eddies nose to think over and make a decision on when the time comes. That option of a full clear out with costing for both the manager staying and manager being removed by the new will be included. The other two options which will apply to BWFC you will already now all about as they are pretty much standard in business. Circumstances where possible may allow the inclusion of further options as you know. However due to the current condition of our finances I anticipate it to be just the three as the time for a very hard decision can not be far away now.

Consultants is not the term used in this case. Being wise I would have thought you wouldn't try and trip me up using that word.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum