Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies.

+15
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
observer
Natasha Whittam
carrs
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
waynagain
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
terenceanne
NickFazer
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 00:14

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy wrote:Its easy for people to say things like why didn't Davies back Allardyce that Christmas when we were third in the league, or why doesn't he buy Rhodes - because if we don't go up we could always sell him and get our money back, etc - I think the truth is more likely to be that Davies needs to go to his backers and get their approval rather than him having the final word on such matters.
That issue needs to be kept totally separate and dealt with accordingly. To request funding a manager has to go through the appropriate internal channels.
If by going through those channels the managers request in considered acceptable only then and if required would the chairman consider approaching Eddie for additional funding.
That process did not happen as no internal approval was given so no approach to Eddie was ever considered or made.

If Edie had been asked for funding for that purpose and he had an amount to add to what was available or known to be due available from whatever sources would things have turned out differently ? Do those involved now regret events back them. I doubt they would ever own up to them or even consider telling you the truth.
Back to waterboarding that silk suited salesman chairman of the year

Time for bed said Zebedy

42Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 00:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

All interesting but to the likes of us (me anyway, you might be a great deal more informed) just idle academic speculation.

It's fairly clear that Davies as in the past financed deals outside the clubs internal structure - Anelka seemed to be an example of such if all is to be believed.

Nixon seemed to be suggesting at one point that Rhodes could possibly have been another.

It does look for now though that the transfer well - both internal and external - seems to be empty.

I guess we will get loanees in yet though, so I guess Freedman will have to strengthen us that way until January and hopefully by then we manage to find a bit of a transfer budget from somewhere.

Sleep well!

43Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 01:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Don't worry about it.....Eddie passed away five years ago......

Meanwhile we will just default on that money.  It's personal money not owed to a bank as I understand it.  Like if you or I gave money to the club out of our pockets. Just a bad investment....
Eddie was at the statue unveiling.
That wasn't Eddie....it was a paid imposter.

When was the last time Eddie had something to say about his club?

44Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 10:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When he demanded that Coyle be sacked?

45Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 16:48

terenceanne wrote:
When was the last time Eddie had something to say about his club?
Why do you care if Eddie keeps his involvement behind the scenes?

46Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 18:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:When he demanded that Coyle be sacked?
Yep, he over-ruled Gartside who was prepared to give Coyle one more chance but with a co-manager, which as we know from previous experience just doesn't work!!!

47Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 18:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The truth is that Gartside asked Coyle to get rid of Sandy Stewart but he wouldn't, so Davies stepped in and sacked them both.

Not many people know that.

48Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 18:44

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:The truth is that Gartside asked Coyle to get rid of Sandy Stewart but he wouldn't, so Davies stepped in and sacked them both.

I know the truth as I get my information from one of the Board directors, and that was an absolute no-truth.

Fact was Gartside was wanting to create a dual management with Coyle and Sammy Lee. Eddie first of all didn't want dual managment after what happened with McFarland and Todd and, secondly, basically Eddie didn't want Sammy Lee near the management of the 1st Team. Therefore Eddie took the unusual step and over-ruled Gartside and wanted the First team to have a fresh start with manager and backroom staff. All I will say is that Gartside and Eddie didn't speak for a few weeks after and almost resulted in Gartside resigning (shame he didn't)!

49Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 18:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I got my info from the horses mouth.

50Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 18:47

bwfc71 wrote:I know the truth as I get my information from one of the Board directors, and that was an absolute no-truth.

Fact was Gartside was wanting to create a dual management with Coyle and Sammy Lee. Eddie first of all didn't want dual managment after what happened with McFarland and Todd and, secondly, basically Eddie didn't want Sammy Lee near the management of the 1st Team.  Therefore Eddie took the unusual step and over-ruled Gartside and wanted the First team to have a fresh start with manager and backroom staff.  All I will say is that Gartside and Eddie didn't speak for a few weeks after and almost resulted in Gartside resigning (shame he didn't)!
Sounds like Eddie knows what he's doing, good to hear.

51Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 19:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Well I got my info from the horses mouth.
Often wondered what happened to Shergar! Very Happy

Or was it Mr Ed!!!

(if you are old enough to remember that comedy series)

52Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 22:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Well I got my info from the horses mouth.
Was it called Shergartside?

53Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 22:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The truth is that Gartside asked Coyle to get rid of Sandy Stewart but he wouldn't, so Davies stepped in and sacked them both.

He sacked Gartside?

"He's fucking turned up again!" < the receptionist as he walks in every morning.

54Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Tue Aug 27 2013, 23:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a nightmare scenario that is, Coyle paired up with the return of Sammy Lee. Just goes to show how clueless Gartside really is. Nice to know Eddie obviously isn't as thick as I was assuming him to be(on football matters anyway, he's obviously quite cute as far as finance is concerned).

55Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 06:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside won't resign because he has it too easy, he's on a huge wage and gets no stick.

How many years has he been sending the club into a decline ?

The club needs fresh blood starting from the top IMO .

56Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 12:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let's simplfy the situation ..... if you or I bought the club would we put up with all the nonsense going back ten years now at least.

Answer...of course not ....like any business owner you demand results for your staff.  When underperforming you get rid..... the idea is for a business to be successful.  If you as the owner can't make it happen...you're in the wrong business.

57Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 12:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we've seen enough football over the years to know sacking a manager every time you go on a bad run is probably not the best idea.

so we sack dougie, lets just say we hire "joe blogs," we get a nice bounce 4 wins in a row! but, oh no, we then get 1 point from 12.

Sack him?

58Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 12:29

scottjames30 wrote:Gartside won't resign because he has it too easy, he's on a huge wage and gets no stick.

I still don't know what you expect to change if Gartside goes?

Like many fans you just want somebody to blame when things aren't going well and you've landed on Gartside.

59Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 12:53

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Gartside won't resign because he has it too easy, he's on a huge wage and gets no stick.

Like many fans you just want somebody to blame when things aren't going well and you've landed on Gartside.
We'll get new ideas for a start, new passion, new everything.

He might hire a decent Manager for a start, the fans might respect the club again if he goes, look at all the debt we're in ,is he not to blame for that like ?

60Eddie Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:10

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

We'll get new ideas for a start, new passion, new everything.

He might hire a decent Manager for a start, the fans might respect the club again if he goes, look at all the debt we're in ,is he not to blame for that like ?
We have a decent manager, 4 games (league) doesn't suddenly make him a bad manager.

Were he to go his replacement won't be a fan, it will be a businessman, and what would you expect new 'passion' to bring? 

I respect the club even if you don't, don't try and speak for every fan.

I don't know enough about the debt to apportion blame (and neither do you).

It could make a difference, but I seriously doubt it. As I've said, nobody has a clue what happens behind the scenes, but I do know it could be a fuck of a lot worse - Peter Pannu at Birmingham, any of the Venky's, the Leeds owners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum