Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eddie Davies.

+15
Hip Priest
Soul Kitchen
observer
Natasha Whittam
carrs
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
waynagain
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
terenceanne
NickFazer
scottjames30
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Gartside won't resign because he has it too easy, he's on a huge wage and gets no stick.

How many years has he been sending the club into a decline ?

The club needs fresh blood starting from the top IMO .
I still don't know what you expect to change if Gartside goes?

Like many fans you just want somebody to blame when things aren't going well and you've landed on Gartside.
We'll get new ideas for a start, new passion, new everything.

He might hire a decent Manager for a start, the fans might respect the club again if he goes, look at all the debt we're in ,is he not to blame for that like ?

I respect the club even if you don't, don't try and speak for every fan.

I bet you've got a shirt with QuickQuid on the front .

62Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:18

Gartside pulled the club out of that deal.

If anything that supports what I've said.

Well done.

63Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside only pulled the plug when BBC news was outside the Reebok wanting to talk to him about the 'Loan Shark' sponsor .

He was hiding inside and didn't come out, they could see him peeping through the curtains Very Happy 

64Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:24

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:Gartside only pulled the plug when BBC news was outside the Reebok wanting to talk to him about the 'Loan Shark' sponsor .

He was hiding inside and didn't come out, they could see him peeping through the curtains Very Happy 
and Gartside only fired Megson when the fans started chanting 'Gartside out'

65Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside also has a say in anything to do with financial aspects , so everyone blames Coyle, well why not him too ?

66Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:43

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:
We have a decent manager
We have a decent manager who ?

Do you mean as a person he is a decent sort of chap
There is no substantial evidence to date which would entitle him to be called a decent manager of a professional football team.
Where is his list of achievements as a manager, qualifications, financial and budgetary skills   proven record for spotting talent etc etc.

In a similar way to the music industry you have got it and make it to be respected for many years having many hits, perhaps have a good run in a certain era that fits your style or just be a one hit wonder everybody forgets about in no time at all. So where would Dougie be in that. Had a little mention on local radio had a following and the media told us he was going to make the big time. We bought it it's scratched jumps and skips and sounds bleedin awful.

We know it doesn't matter what is on your CV to become a manager at Bolton (see ginger things CV)

So what do Bolton Wanderers look for in a new manager ?
Answers on a postage stamp please

The obvious one to me would be hearing a "What's in it for me" comment behind closed doors

67Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 13:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
We have a decent manager

They'll pick the cheapest every time.

68Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 14:00

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:
carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
We have a decent manager

Freedman gets more than Coyle did.

69Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 14:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
We have a decent manager

Freedman gets more than Coyle did.
Big Mick gets more than Freedman.

70Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 15:51

carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
We have a decent manager
We have a decent manager who ?

Do you mean as a person he is a decent sort of chap
There is no substantial evidence to date which would entitle him to be called a decent manager of a professional football team.
Where is his list of achievements as a manager, qualifications, financial and budgetary skills   proven record for spotting talent etc etc.

In a similar way to the music industry you have got it and make it to be respected for many years having many hits, perhaps have a good run in a certain era that fits your style or just be a one hit wonder everybody forgets about in no time at all. So where would Dougie be in that. Had a little mention on local radio had a following and the media told us he was going to make the big time. We bought it it's scratched jumps and skips and sounds bleedin awful.
I don't like your music industry analogy so Im not going to use it.

Unfortunately we aren't in a situation where we can go and get a manager who's proven to be top class, we're a championship side so you have to be realistic.

At this point we're left with two options, an unproven manager who has the potential to develop and the tired championship level managers, who can never be successful beyond our league ie Neil Warnock, Mick McCarthy etc.

I'd choose Dougie every single time, why? Because it's about recognising potential. He turned Palace from a relegation side to a premier league team with no budget - by bringing through youth players, picking up unknown stars and revolutionising their training and sports science teams.

Those are the important things for a manager these days, he's working on us, and deserves the time to do so.

He's 38 and only improving, he has an experienced management team with him and it would be in all of our interests if he was given support and backing at least until Christmas. He's shown what he can do with Palace and us last season, give him the chance to do his job.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Aug 28 2013, 17:52; edited 1 time in total

71Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 15:56

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

:clap:

72Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:29

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:

Unfortunately we aren't in a situation where we can go and get a manager who's proven to be top class, we're a championship side so you have to be realistic.

At this point we're left with two options, an unproven manager who has the potential to develop and the tired championship level managers, who can never be successful beyond our league ie Neil Warnock, Mick McCarthy etc.

I'd choose Dougie every single time, why? Because it's about recognising potential. He turned Palace from a relegation side to a premier league team with no budget - by bringing through youth players, picking up unknown stars and revolutionising their training and sports science teams.

Those are the important things for a manager these days, he's working on us, and deserves the time to do so.

He's 38 and only improving, he has an experienced management team with him and it would be in all of our interests if he was given support and backing at least until Christmas. He's shown what he can do with Palace and us last season, give him the chance to do his job.
You don't like the analogy as you are so thick and incapable of understanding it and providing a direct reason for calling him a decent manager. Only a decent manager can be labelled decent.

You haven't got a clue and can't find a good reason for calling him a decent manager. So what do you do spout out the old favourite bullshit excuses.
Potential he has that alright. Potential to be worse and take us to a lower level. Doing this doing that
Time, Potential, who else, throw in the old names only at this level. Been there done it and we are still shit.

Back to the music analogy. Change the fecking tune. I'm sick of pricks trying to justify the shit with the same old bollocks.

73Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm: 

74Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:37

Slight over reaction Carrs, I think you need to calm down a bit. It wasn't a great analogy but clearly it was something you gave a lot of thought so Im sorry for upsetting you.

My explanation is very clear, I don't need to break it down for you I've told you why I think he has potential and why I think that's something we need to target. Try reading it again slowly and see what you can gather from it. If you don't like it, don't read it but it's my opinion and it's far better thought out than your music industry nonsense, you haven't given me your opinion on what manager you'd like?

If you don't like reading other opinions I suggest you fuck off from a football forum as that's half the point.

75Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:01

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc1874 wrote:Slight over reaction Carrs, I think you need to calm down a bit. It wasn't a great analogy but clearly it was something you gave a lot of thought so Im sorry for upsetting you.

My explanation is very clear, I don't need to break it down for you I've told you why I think he has potential and why I think that's something we need to target. Try reading it again slowly and see what you can gather from it. If you don't like it, don't read it but it's my opinion and it's far better thought out than your music industry nonsense, you haven't given me your opinion on what manager you'd like?

If you don't like reading other opinions I suggest you fuck off from a football forum as that's half the point.
Cut the waffling bullshit it doesn't wash.
You can not say why he IS a decent manager as there are no facts to support that. Wikki potential if that is all you got.
I've heard the rest time and again.

It's well known what my opinion is and who should have got the job. Jimmy Phillips has more potential I'll throw that word in as you like it so much. He is the man we should have had and one we will regret not appointing. Nice try though throwing that one in.

No doubt next you will tell me to go and support somebody else.

76Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:you haven't given me your opinion on what manager you'd like?

As I've said for about 3 years, Billy Davies would have been perfect for us. But he wasn't trendy or young enough for you youngsters.

Obviously that ship has now sailed, but there are plenty of good managers in the lower leagues that have had some real success with resources that make us look like Man City.

77Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:06

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

You don't like the analogy as you are so thick and incapable of understanding it and providing a direct reason for calling him a decent manager. Only a decent manager can be labelled decent.

You haven't got a clue and can't find a good reason for calling him a decent manager. So what do you do spout out the old favourite bullshit excuses.
Potential he has that alright. Potential to be worse and take us to a lower level. Doing this doing that
Time, Potential, who else, throw in the old names only at this level. Been there done it and we are still shit.

Back to the music analogy. Change the fecking tune. I'm sick of pricks trying to justify the shit with the same old bollocks.
:agree:

78Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:09

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

carrs wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Slight over reaction Carrs, I think you need to calm down a bit. It wasn't a great analogy but clearly it was something you gave a lot of thought so Im sorry for upsetting you.

Cut the waffling bullshit it doesn't wash.
You can not say why he IS a decent manager as there are no facts to support that. Wikki potential if that is all you got.
I've heard the rest time and again.

It's well known what my opinion is and who should have got the job. Jimmy Phillips has more potential I'll throw that word in as you like it so much. He is the man we should have had and one we will regret not appointing. Nice try though throwing that one in.

No doubt next you will tell me to go and support somebody else.
:clap:

79Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:19

carrs wrote:You can not say why he IS a decent manager as there are no facts to support that.
Already been said in my first post to you.

'..it's about recognising potential. He turned Palace from a relegation side to a premier league team with no budget - by bringing through youth players, picking up unknown stars and revolutionising their training and sports science teams..' 

carrs wrote:It's well known what my opinion is and who should have got the job. Jimmy Phillips has more potential I'll throw that word in as you like it so much. He is the man we should have had and one we will regret not appointing. 
It's not well known to me, I've never read your posts before.

But that really is laughable, you think Dougie doesn't have enough experience - fair enough I get that. But somehow Jimmy Phillips does?! You're contradicting yourself. Is the real reason just the fact you'd never heard of Dougie before he was appointed?

Keep throwing around insults as much as you like, so far though you haven't put together a proper point. It's just swearing and getting wound up. As I said try and read my comments, I've explained my opinion very clearly for you, don't like it, don't read it.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:50; edited 1 time in total

80Eddie Davies. - Page 4 Empty Re: Eddie Davies. Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:23

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:you haven't given me your opinion on what manager you'd like?

As I've said for about 3 years, Billy Davies would have been perfect for us. But he wasn't trendy or young enough for you youngsters.

Obviously that ship has now sailed, but there are plenty of good managers in the lower leagues that have had some real success with resources that make us look like Man City.
It's a fair choice, Davies is better than most Championship managers I'd have had no problems with his appointment.

You're right to say there are plenty of good managers in the lower leagues and I think Dougie is one of them. Inexperienced but has shown he has talent, I just hope we get to benefit from it because I do believe he'll be a good manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum