Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hysteria thread

+17
gloswhite
Tigermin
doffcocker
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
JAH
Numpty 28723
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
carrs
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Hysteria thread Empty Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bookies made us favourites to get battered by Watford. We have a manager who plays a system that requires different players that he hasn't got or won't risk yet. We are a mid-table side at best and everyone knows it.

So why the hysteria when we got battered as expected?

I guess people can get away with writing speculative nonsense on this forum as there appears to be some twisted logic at work by which hysteria is equated to being "passionate about the club". 

Plus it's easy to go down the route of "Look at me! I hate Dougie more than you which obviously means I love BWFC more than you." in an environment where the greater the expression of disgust, the greater the (happy?) clapping of the sentiment.

But what I don't understand is this. Why is it that the posters who have spent all summer telling us how shit the team is and how inept the manager is are for the most part the same people who are doing most of the complaining now?

Surely they KNEW we were going to get battered by Watford and going off what they've written, surely they EXPECT us to get relegated?

So why the outrage if this was the level of performance they were expecting? Don't they believe what they themselves have written?

I expect us to finish mid table and anything better would be a bonus, so losing at Watford was disappointing but not a disaster and certainly not unexpected. But I'd have thought that those people who have written us off already (you know who you are!) would have fully expected this start to the season.

Can someone explain?

2Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:The bookies made us favourites to get battered by Watford. We have a manager who plays a system that requires different players that he hasn't got or won't risk yet. We are a mid-table side at best and everyone knows it.

I think your opening two paragraphs show why you'll never be a proper BWFC fan.

When you support a team, really support a team, you expect to win every match even if you are playing away at Chelsea or United, and anything less is a disgrace.

Any "fan" who can look at things as sanely as you is not a fan in my opinion, merely an observer.

3Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 09:56

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Lusty is hysterically happy as we performed as expected his expectations have been lowered to a suitable level. Dougie has achieved his first set of objectives. (fans must not expect any success to promote happiness or raise hopes beyond what we say they will have)
Hurrah Everything is rosey in the garden of Lust and Doug.

Now the hastily modified phase 2 can commence.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 10:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The bookies made us favourites to get battered by Watford. We have a manager who plays a system that requires different players that he hasn't got or won't risk yet. We are a mid-table side at best and everyone knows it.

When you support a team, really support a team, you expect to win every match even if you are playing away at Chelsea or United, and anything less is a disgrace.

Any "fan" who can look at things as sanely as you is not a fan in my opinion, merely an observer.
Well please excuse my sanity. Clearly there is no room for truth, logic and balance in this football supporting lark. 

I guess it would be churlish of me to mention that you seem slightly conflicted? 

If you "expect us to win every match" surely that makes you the biggest happy clapper in the history of the universe?

Go figure....and if you work it out let me know as my original question remains unanswered.

5Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 10:43

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

On course Boss
The academy lost 3-0 to Blackburn to match the first team on Saturday.
I told you I was renowned for my youth policy.
DF

6Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:Lusty is hysterically happy as we performed as expected his expectations have been lowered to a suitable level. Dougie has achieved his first set of objectives. (fans must not expect any success to promote happiness or raise hopes beyond what we say they will have)
Hurrah Everything is rosey in the garden of Lust and Doug.

Now the hastily modified phase 2 can commence.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Why on earth would I be happy about that pile of dross? My expectations remained exactly where they were pre-match although I had hoped for (as opposed to expected) better. 
And I don't believe there is a Phase 2 as such. It was made clear that Dougie was trying to get in 3 players before the season started but failed. There is a slight chance he'll get the 2 he's still after but it's by no means certain. Only difference is likely to be same system, different players - wouldn't really call that Phase 2.

Hardly ROSY in my book. Just realistic.

7Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 10:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fans will always find a reason to moan. Thats the nature of sports fandom.

8Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:01

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

I didn't call bringing 2 or 3 players in phase 2 you did
Again you resort to your tried and trusted method of putting words into my mouth.
You have been told once it don't wash me. 

Sounds like your expectation of mid table may not come.

9Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:04

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Fans will always find a reason to moan. Thats the nature of sports fandom.

Let me see the first team lose 3-0 the academy an area where DF is alleged to be renowned and famed for his youth policy lose 3-0. Both teams played in a similar nature bringing similar comments from those watching the games

What do you want. Me to take the gloves off and start applauding the great strides we have not made.

10Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Fans will always find a reason to moan. Thats the nature of sports fandom.

Let me see the first team lose 3-0 the academy an area where DF is alleged to be renowned and famed for his youth policy lose 3-0. Both teams played in a similar nature bringing similar comments from those watching the games

What do you want. Me to take the gloves off and start applauding the great strides we have not made.

not sure how any of that is relevant to what I said.

11Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:16

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
carrs wrote:

The clue is how we are shit through and through we don't need a reason to moan it was handed to us by the club and its great leaders.

If you think I should get behind any of that shower of shit. You got it wrong.

12Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How do you explain the team selected Saturday?   of course I have us down to lose all our away games but to deliberately set up for 0-0 at best...how do you defend that?

13Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
carrs wrote:

The clue is how we are shit through and through we don't need a reason to moan it was handed to us by the club and its great leaders.

If you think I should get behind any of that shower of shit. You got it wrong.

where did i say you should get behind it? You can do as you please. The point stands. Whatever the situation the nature of sports is that people will find something to be discontent about. 

Even Man City fans were moaning this morning, not happy with their summer activity saw loads of tweets saying their new multi million pound buy Fernando was "shit."

14Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:I didn't call bringing 2 or 3 players in phase 2 you did
Again you resort to your tried and trusted method of putting words into my mouth.
You have been told once it don't wash me. 

Sounds like your expectation of mid table may not come.
What's this Phase 2 you are on about then?

Mid table eventually, but it will be a rough couple of months to start off with.
Forest and Boro at home followed by Brighton and Leeds away. Should be fun.

15Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i personally thought we would get beat at Watford but not as heavily and easily as it seemed. We only started to create anything when Feeney came on and Dougie had to change it.
The problem for me is that he said he now has a settled dressing room and has gor rid of the bad eggs but nothing seems to have changed or improved. We are still playing in  a very defensive way and cannot keep hold of the ball long enough to do anything with it.
Things may change if he decides to play Mason as part of a front two but i can't see it, his mentality is defend at all costs and i would be very surprised if he ditches his favoured formation.
We can't go on playing both Spearing and Medo and then also Pratley or Trotter, it has zero creativity and will get us nowhere this season other than lower mid table at best

16Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not many have picked up on the total lack of passion with in the team. You can sometimes get by with average players and limited managers, but if you don't have passion on the pitch you are doomed.

Do you think Ipswich lack passion?

17Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

their incredible passion translated to 9 more points last season. Not to be sniffed at granted but they achieved exactly what we did. Nothing.

18Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Not many have picked up on the total lack of passion with in the team. You can sometimes get by with average players and limited managers, but if you don't have passion on the pitch you are doomed.
I think they looked shell-shocked. Those goals were schoolboy errors - chances that were well-taken but should never have happened in a month of Sundays.
Spearing and one or two others seemed to have the passion for a fight, but I reckon those goals just knocked their confidence so much that their main emotions were fear and caution.

19Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:48

wanderlust wrote:

I think they looked shell-shocked. Those goals were schoolboy errors - chances that were well-taken but should never have happened in a month of Sundays.
Spearing and one or two others seemed to have the passion for a fight, but I reckon those goals just knocked their confidence so much that their main emotions were fear and caution.
And where do you think they get that from?

Going back to your original question about why those of us who predicted we'd be shit again under Freedman are getting so angry after Saturday's abject display, I think it's probably because we could see what was going to happen but we kept being told to "stop being so negative before a ball's even been kicked" and other comments along those lines.

And when the inevitable happened, it made us even angrier that (on the face of it) we'd been right all along but there are still people saying the same old "give him a chance to bring his own players in and get them playing how he wants" rubbish, despite the fact that the problem clearly lies with Freedman's clueless tactics, naive belief in a stupid system and general inability to coach and motivate players.

That's why I've been having a rant.

Nothing's changed and it looks like it never will under DF.

20Hysteria thread Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon Aug 11 2014, 12:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum