Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hysteria thread

+17
gloswhite
Tigermin
doffcocker
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
JAH
Numpty 28723
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
carrs
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:21

observer wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:are we a lot worse? You could make the argument we're no better, but Coyle left us in 18th. Dougie has had us finishing 7th and 14th. 

unless of course you think Coyle would have turned it all around and had us challenging year in year out. Which is fair enough, don't agree though.
Only good loanees had us finishing in 7th and 14th... not Dougie's tactics.

Loanees bought into the club by who though?

Can't be Dougie, he's only responsible for the bad things.

82Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:22

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Freedmans the best man for the job.

We're one game in ffs.
Sorry boggers but we're close to TWO YEARS in and we're worse now than we were when he arrived. No matter how much you might wish otherwise (and so do I) there is no hiding from that whether we've played one game this season or twenty. 

Freedman is plainly not up to the job as things stand and sadly never was or will be. 

I base that statement on what we can all see not on what we'd like to see. But he's not alone in being incompetent and frankly to give him ALL the blame would be wrong. Gartside is actually MORE dangerous to BWFC in the long term and as such he should be gone already too.

83Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
observer wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:are we a lot worse? You could make the argument we're no better, but Coyle left us in 18th. Dougie has had us finishing 7th and 14th. 

unless of course you think Coyle would have turned it all around and had us challenging year in year out. Which is fair enough, don't agree though.
Only good loanees had us finishing in 7th and 14th... not Dougie's tactics.

Loanees bought into the club by who though?

Can't be Dougie, he's only responsible for the bad things.

Laughing exactly.

84Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

If he was a decent manager then he'd still be a manager.

Apparently he gets two offers a month from clubs at Championship or above. Perhaps he's just waiting for a big club like Bolton who he can take to Champions League glory.

85Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd say we're much better off than when he first arrived. He's finally rid the club of deadwood brought in by coyle, lowered the wage bill at the same time. This is the season that we start to improve and as far as im concerned one loss against a good side does not change my opinion.

86Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Let's see what we're dealing with here...

A massively average defense. Perfectly competent midfield (when everyone is fit) at this level. A lone striker so past it that it's time to hang up his boots.

What's everyone so hysterical about? Joachim Low just worked miracles with exactly the same challenges.

Cheer up!

87Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 17:59

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can someone catch me up on the doom-mongers and happy-clappers on Nuts, please?

88Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 18:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can someone catch me up on the doom-mongers and happy-clappers on Nuts, please?
I'm a doom monger as long as Gartside and Freedman are here. I make no apology for that fact.

89Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 18:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can someone catch me up on the doom-mongers and happy-clappers on Nuts, please?

Doom mongers - whittam, breadman, Scottjames...  About 90% of the members.

Supposed happy clappers - Wanderlust, 1874 and reebok trotter

90Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 18:33

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Breadman wrote:I can't believe we're seriously discussing whether or not Hoddle would be a decent appointment....

We might as well be discussing how well we think Homer Simpson or Charlie Chaplin would do because there's every bit as much chance of one of those two replacing Freedman as Hoddle.

And one's a cartoon character and the other's dead.....
Homer Simpson died?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

91Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Going back to the original post by Wander, if we just accept bad results, things will go downhill rapidly, because it is assumed we are accepting of the situation, therefore happy.
So what would the club have to do to get the fans showing some support for the team again?
You seem to be implying we should kick them when they're down - and I'm sure you don't mean it to sound that way Glos.

Simple question: Is there never a case for getting behind the team when things are going badly i.e. at the very time they need your support the most?

I think its quite obvious that we all support the club, otherwise we wouldn't all be on the forum. I don't advocate kicking them, as I don't think they are down, yet. I genuinely believe that we cannot support DF whilst he carries on this aimless destruction of the team. Even a simple statement that we are in trouble would probably get a lot of fans onside, and as I've said many times, get rid of Lawrence, and bring in someone who seriously knows what they are doing. We only need a small sign that things are being addressed, but its not forthcoming. Like most, we don't mind losing now and then, if we put up a fight, but there is a continuation from last season of ineffective behaviours, and I don't blame the players at this stage.

92Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:02

Here you go, Fin - this should give it all a bit of context:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

93Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:11

gloswhite wrote:Even a simple statement that we are in trouble would probably get a lot of fans onside, and as I've said many times, get rid of Lawrence, and bring in someone who seriously knows what they are doing. 

We're not in trouble after one game. 

I also don't know why people have a problem with Lennie Lawrence, is it just because he's over 60? Why would any fan have a clue of the value of our backroom staff? 

I get it with Coyle's to an extent because none of them had any experience other than working with him, but Lennie has 30 years of management experience and is well respected in the game. None of us attend training sessions or see what happens behind closed doors so how can anybody claim he doesn't know what he's doing?

94Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennie can't get to training much he has his craft and basket weaving to sort out at the Derby and Joan, then he has to get back for his lunchtime soup before his nap.

95Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:20

Careful Norpig you're not too far off craft and basket weaving age yourself  Very Happy

96Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1874 we ARE in trouble after two years of ineptitude that shows no sign of changing. Forget how far into the season we are on paper, we played a number of pre-season games that showed just how poor we are in all areas and not even the much vaunted "youth" look like coming good. The BWFC XI (supposedly players on the fringe of stepping up to the first team according to pre match statements) were beaten by CHORLEY so pray tell me where you see anything improving.

Dougie and Gartside keep banging on the 'positive things to come' drum but where from? Santa? Because as long as those two clowns and their inept coaching team stay here we'll need more than even St Nicholas to save us. Lennie Lawrence is an experienced FAILURE and his age is irrelevant in that context. I wouldn't care if he was 100 years old if he could coach but he can't and that's not ageism it's simply a fact.

And the proof of what happens in training is there for all to see on the pitch on matchday. I don't care if they look like Brazil when they're in Euxton if they look like Bamber Bridge when they're playing a match.

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Mon 11 Aug - 19:23; edited 1 time in total

97Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Careful Norpig you're not too far off craft and basket weaving age yourself  Very Happy
 you cheeky young wippersnapper!  Laughing

98Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:23

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lennie Lawrence is an experienced FAILURE and his age is irrelevant in that context. I wouldn't care if he was 100 years old if he could coach but he can't and that's not ageism it's simply a fact.

That is simply not a fact. Sorry but I think it's ridiculous that you're saying it is. How do you know what he does at the club?

99Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Even a simple statement that we are in trouble would probably get a lot of fans onside, and as I've said many times, get rid of Lawrence, and bring in someone who seriously knows what they are doing. 

We're not in trouble after one game. 

I also don't know why people have a problem with Lennie Lawrence, is it just because he's over 60? Why would any fan have a clue of the value of our backroom staff? 

I get it with Coyle's to an extent because none of them had any experience other than working with him, but Lennie has 30 years of management experience and is well respected in the game. None of us attend training sessions or see what happens behind closed doors so how can anybody claim he doesn't know what he's doing?

What a stupid thing to say. Why would I make an age-related comment when I'm 64 myself  ?  My point is  'Lennie has 30 years of management experience'  and what have we got to show for it ? We don't need to attend training sessions, or hear what he says. You may not have noticed, but we can see the results during real live games. This is only the first game of the season, but its yet another in a long line of piss-poor performances. THATS why we should get rid of DF's mentor.

100Hysteria thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hysteria thread Mon 11 Aug - 19:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lennie Lawrence is an experienced FAILURE and his age is irrelevant in that context. I wouldn't care if he was 100 years old if he could coach but he can't and that's not ageism it's simply a fact.

That is simply not a fact. Sorry but I think it's ridiculous that you're saying it is. How do you know what he does at the club?
Look at what happens and has been happening on the pitch. Look at the lack of anything resembling cohesion, discipline or even a plan. Finally look at the absolute lack of improvement in skill levels of any player who's been here since DF and LL came aboard. If anything they look worse. That's my evidence. If you see something different more power to you but I don't agree and never will. We ARE worse than when DF arrived and we are still GETTING worse. It's nothing personal against those two men, it's a simple statement that they are the wrong men for the job. Gartside should also be gone. I don't doubt they all do their best but their best is not good enough under the circumstances and they've had two years to make progress forward which they haven't. they've taken us backwards and will continue to do so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum