Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sam Allardyce to publish autobiography.

+16
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
scottjames30
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's £9 at Asda and Amazon.

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It's £9 at Asda and Amazon.

Bargain Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bargain.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well I enjoyed reading it. It was free at my local library.

It reminded me that one of Gartside's most stupid and bitchy comments about BSA after appointing Sammy Lee was that "If Sam applied for the Bolton job now he wouldn't get it".

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got it for Christmas and read it in two days. It was actually a decent read.

Reebok Trotter wrote:I got it for Christmas and read it in two days. It was actually a decent read.

I leafed through a copy in Tesco the other day and read through the bits about ED just out of interest.

Blimey, talk about using large print and "generous" spacing between the words to flesh a book out.

I'm surprised it took you two days, RT.

Did that include a day off?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mines on the top of the cupboard.  Just waiting on an urge to read...

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't had the chance to read my copy yet.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's a good read, very easy going and a trip down memory lane to our good times. Gartside doesn't come out of it well as you would expect

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I would have liked a bit more from his playing career but the managerial content was interesting. It's clear he was as frustrated as the rest of us by the incompetence of referees like Barry Knight and Mike Riley.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I got it for Christmas and read it in two days. It was actually a decent read.

I leafed through a copy in Tesco the other day and read through the bits about ED just out of interest.

Blimey, talk about using large print and "generous" spacing between the words to flesh a book out.

I'm surprised it took you two days, RT.

Did that include a day off?

It was over Christmas so it I had to devote some time to family festivities.  Very Happy

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Read 280 pages, enjoyable, Gartside really sounds like he was just Eddies mouthpiece, 3rd in the Premiership he lost his nerve when Sam wanted to push on, the rot started that day.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:Read 280 pages, enjoyable, Gartside really sounds like he was just Eddies mouthpiece, 3rd in the Premiership he lost his nerve when Sam wanted to push on, the rot started that day.

Apart from Gartside bit, as I see him as using powers not given to him by Davies - power-mad I got from it - I totally agree that when Allardyce was refused money to extend team to help push for League and Europe, that was the day the rot started.

Became even worse when Gartside took control of ALL financial matters in players transfers to the club - like everything else he thought he knew football, but even at time we all knew he didn't and retrospect shows that he didn't!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc71 wrote:
wessy wrote:Read 280 pages, enjoyable, Gartside really sounds like he was just Eddies mouthpiece, 3rd in the Premiership he lost his nerve when Sam wanted to push on, the rot started that day.

Apart from Gartside bit, as I see him as using powers not given to him by Davies - power-mad I got from it - I totally agree that when Allardyce was refused money to extend team to help push for League and Europe, that was the day the rot started.

Became even worse when Gartside took control of ALL financial matters in players transfers to the club - like everything else he thought he knew football, but even at time we all knew he didn't and retrospect shows that he didn't!

:agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum