Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

tax credits take 9

+7
doffcocker
Chairmanda
wanderlust
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121tax credits take 9 - Page 7 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 18:43

Not at all, but it pisses me off when people who did vote Tory don't even understand what Cameron and Osborne want to do with the country, which you really don't seem to.

Bit of a separate point but as you mention it, what do you think caused the financial mess?

122tax credits take 9 - Page 7 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 18:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Not at all, but it pisses me off when people who did vote Tory don't even understand what Cameron and Osborne want to do with the country, which you really don't seem to.

Bit of a separate point but as you mention it, what do you think caused the financial mess?

I have no idea what they want to do with the country, and neither do you. I'm sure you're going to tell me what you think their intentions are, but you're only guessing.

I read their manifesto and while I didn't agree with quite a lot of it, they were still the best of a bad bunch.

And, ultimately, I'd rather have Cameron in charge if a crisis came along than Milliband.

I'm not going to be foolish enough to suggest Labour caused the economic meltdown as it was a global thing, but they managed it badly. They seemed to want to spend their way out of the crisis.

123tax credits take 9 - Page 7 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The illuminati run the world, Nat.

It doesn't matter what government is in charge, they created this mess for more control.

124tax credits take 9 - Page 7 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 19:34

Osborne is obsessed with shrinking the state to a level lower than anywhere else in Western Europe, putting us more in line with the US. Personally I don't see the set up in the US as anything to aim for, I'd prefer a German/Scandinavian model.

As for spending your way out of a crisis, investing and pumping money into the economy is pretty solid economic theory for dealing with recession. See Obama's stimulus package in the US or President Abe's in Japan announced Thursday or Merkel's response to downturn in Germany. Austerity is the more 'radical' approach, but Osborne relies on controlling the narrative so people dob't realise this is a political choice rather than the necessity he portrays.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum