Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

tax credits take 9

+7
doffcocker
Chairmanda
wanderlust
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 20:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Showing how simple you are again. Nothing to do with people having kids they can't provide for, everything to do with workers being underpaid with nothing to fall back on in terms of government support.

When I left university I worked for next to nothing. It paid for a roof over my head, transport to work, food and not a lot else. I wouldn't have dreamed of having a child because I simply couldn't afford one.

Nowadays too many folk have kids for the sake of having kids. And they expect the government and taxpayer to fund that choice.

If you want kids, pay for them yourself.

82tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 20:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Why are you lot arguing with Whittam?

You wouldn't argue with a goat or a lamp-post would you?

And their opinions are just as "real" and valid as Whittam's.

Pointless exercise.

You bastard. Post me a transcript of your last argument with a goat. I want to see if your claim has any validity.

83tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 21:51

Breadman wrote:Why are you lot arguing with Whittam?

You wouldn't argue with a goat or a lamp-post would you?

And their opinions are just as "real" and valid as Whittam's.

Pointless exercise.

Up until her last post Nat was being serious and putting across views that many people genuinely hold unfortunately.

Faced with those views being questioned she's deflected to nonsense.

84tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Like a wise man once said. I'd love to know what you really thought rather than your character.
She is a Labour supporter, take no notice. Smile

85tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Thought we might get a few :clap: for the Tories yesterday when they announced they were scrapping their tax credits cuts.

A government that listens to the people. Whatever next.

You think they deserve applause for being forced not to do something? Something they lied to you about during the election, how pathetic are you?

Had it not been for the campaign to stop them they'd have forced them through, luckily the publicity built by the rest of us stopped the cuts and made it political suicide for Osborne to force them through. Don't mistake this for compassion it's yet another example of how the Tories are too basic to have any real principles and are only swayed by public opinion.

Now that gets a :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

86tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:They did this to help the low paid? How basic are you? Do you think it was Osbornes grand plan to propose tax cuts, get shot down and then pull them after?

And clearly you can force a government to do something, why do you think Osborne didn't push them through? It's because he wants the Torie leadership and knows he couldn't afford to take a battering - even from fellow Torie MPs who opposed them.

The fact that you were happy being lied to about the cuts, then happy they were going through and then happy they're not tells me you haven't a clue/don't give a shit. You'll go along with whatever Dave and George suggest regardless of what it actually means, get a grip and get an informed opinion you sheep.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

87tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, all I can say is that you really are a cock.

88tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sooner the bloody Tories are out the better!!!

89tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:30

karlypants wrote:The sooner the bloody Tories are out the better!!!

:clap:

90tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:The bit I think will really surprise poeple are when the next round of cuts hits local councils. Some services already cut to the bone, and laudable though it is, ringfencing additional money for social care is brilliant, but leaves other services really really vulnerable.

Our bins are going every three weeks.  We recycle everything we can and it is still a struggle.
That's taking the piss Johnny! We struggle with a fortnightly bin service as it is! Shocked

I bet fly tipping is up in your area no doubt!

91tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yes, it's the governments fault that people keep having kids they can't afford.
And what if my Mrs was expecting and I had just lost my job for example?

You truly are a fucking cock.

92tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:38

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:The bit I think will really surprise poeple are when the next round of cuts hits local councils. Some services already cut to the bone, and laudable though it is, ringfencing additional money for social care is brilliant, but leaves other services really really vulnerable.

Our bins are going every three weeks.  We recycle everything we can and it is still a struggle.
That's taking the piss Johnny! We struggle with a fortnightly bin service as it is! Shocked

Its jot yet but if they bring this in it will be like a shit tip round here. (More so than normal Smile )

93tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Its jot yet but if they bring this in it will be like a shit tip round here.  (More so than normal Smile )

When Bolton changed to fortnightly bins, I couldn't bring the bin in quick enough.

Either someone would pinch it for the next two weeks or fill the frigging thing up before I had chance to bring it back in to the garden, an absolute joke.

One time I was that fuming, I ended up tipping my bin upside down over their back gate (the ones who filled my bin up) as I had no space and was keeping the bin bags in the garden.

Winds me up.

94tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Thu Nov 26 2015, 23:52

We had some students move in. A house share thing next door but 1. They did the same and filled all three bins. I took every single one, ripped the bags open and flung them in the back yard. Not as bad as what my neighbour did when they kept parking outside his house. You will have to use your imagination Smile

95tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 08:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
And what if my Mrs was expecting and I had just lost my job for example?

You truly are a fucking cock.

That's what benefits are for. People who have contributed to the system and need a helping hand when things go wrong. No problem with that.

I do have a problem with people who think the state should pay for their kids. When many people thought they were losing tax credits they were up in arms - most of them middle class who weren't using the cash to put food on the table, more likely to pay for life's little luxuries like TVs, holidays and fancy clothes.

Simple question: should people be able to afford a child before they have one?

96tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 08:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Up until her last post Nat was being serious and putting across views that many people genuinely hold unfortunately.

Faced with those views being questioned she's deflected to nonsense.

Why is it nonsense to expect people to pay for their own children?

97tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 11:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The silence is deafening.

You know I'm right, but won't admit it.

98tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 12:12

No you've just stopped arguing about tax credits because you've nothing left to say and don't know how to counter the points you disagree with. 

So instead you've made some bullshit general point that helps you to simplify a very complicated issue into terms you understand. Absolutely everyone can see straight through it.

99tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 12:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:No you've just stopped arguing about tax credits because you've nothing left to say and don't know how to counter the points you disagree with. 

So instead you've made some bullshit general point that helps you to simplify a very complicated issue into terms you understand. Absolutely everyone can see straight through it.

Tax credits are for the low paid. Nothing wrong with being low paid as not all jobs pay well. But we seem to have got to a situation where people aren't expected to take responsibility for their actions.

You're not even subtle about avoiding the question, but I don't believe you think the state should subsidise people having children.

100tax credits take 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: tax credits take 9 Fri Nov 27 2015, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Overpopulation will be the end of humanity and that day got a lot nearer when the Chinese abandoned their one child policy last month. Only in the decadent west do we consider having children a right rather than a privilege.
But in the UK we still have a welfare state that attempts to provide a safety net for everyone in our society and that includes children.
Tax Credits are meant to be benefits for the children of the less well off, but because the children can not be seen to be directly benefitting, they come under criticism. Obviously it's easier to administer such a benefit if it's linked to salary as that's generally a good indicator of income which allows society to identify those who are less well off. 
It's overcomplex and needs aligning with Child Benefit.

As to whether or not we should abandon the Welfare State and have e.g. an American-style insurance based system instead is another debate altogether.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum