Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Investor Revealed?

+14
boltonbonce
rogercpc
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wessy
Chairmanda
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:42

Hang on, Karl.....

You're the bloke in charge of reporting in on what the BN's saying, so surely you should have seen this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's not a Boggers rumour, it's in the bloody paper!

22Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

S'all I'm saying for tonight but rest assured, I hope it's just his money that the club's getting and not his hands on involvement 

Read the damn article properly.

23Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Hang on, Karl.....

You're the bloke in charge of reporting in on what the BN's saying, so surely you should have seen this:

It's not a Boggers rumour, it's in the bloody paper!

See post 4 above.

24Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But as Boggers has pointed out 

"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] understands that the 28-year-old two-time former world champion is not one of the investors behind the leading bid to buy the club from owner Eddie Davies."

Paragraph 2.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:47; edited 1 time in total

25Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I expected a bunch of paupers.

If there is a serious takeover on the cards someone with a lot of money will have to be involved at some point....

that seems to be a sticking point thus far.

26Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 00:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously Dean Holdsworth is just the middle man in this. There will be a money man, who hopefully has deep pockets. But one thing im sure of is that ED will not leave the club in the wrong hands.

27Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 08:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

why is anyone even taking the Daily Star seriously? i wouldn't wipe my arse with it nevermind read it

28Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 09:18

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Exactly, until I see this story in the daily sport I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.

29Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 09:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Exactly, until I see this story in the daily sport I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.
Very Happy

30Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 10:37

Bwfc1958 wrote:Exactly, until I see this story in Razzle I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt.
:whistle:

31Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 10:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take everything with a pinch of salt whilst the rumours are flying thick and fast. It's obvious something is happening and it looks likely that it's some form of takeover but we still don't know:
* what "they" are buying
* who is providing the money 
* what their net worth is
* what their plans for the club are
* whether or not they'll invest in the team to mount a challenge or pare back even more
* who will be manager
* loads of other stuff

All I know is that if Trevor Birch has been recruited, whatever the outcome it will be on a sound financial footing that is realistic and sustainable. 

Problem for us is that we don't know whether that sustainable and realistic level is in the Premiership or League 2.

32Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 11:36

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I'd take everything with a pinch of salt whilst the rumours are flying thick and fast. It's obvious something is happening and it looks likely that it's some form of takeover but we still don't know:
* what "they" are buying
* whether or not they'll invest in the team to mount a challenge or pare back even more
* who will be manager
* loads of other stuff

All I know is that if Trevor Birch has been recruited, whatever the outcome it will be on a sound financial footing that is realistic and sustainable. 

Problem for us is that we don't know whether that sustainable and realistic level is in the Premiership or League 2.
that's the rub. Fixed costs remain, well fixed, practically no matter what level, as an example, the costs of running and maintaining the Macron which appears just another line item in the huge spend on salaries in the prem, would be completely unjustifiable if it were by far the biggest cost when paying less in league 2. Its almost a myth there is some sweet spot, where assets are optimised, expenditure realistic, and the club is meeting fans expectations of it. Name me one team, in any league or top levels of non league doing that?

33Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I'd take everything with a pinch of salt whilst the rumours are flying thick and fast. It's obvious something is happening and it looks likely that it's some form of takeover but we still don't know:
* what "they" are buying
* who will be manager
* loads of other stuff

that's the rub. Fixed costs remain, well fixed, practically no matter what level, as an example, the costs of running and maintaining the Macron which appears just another line item in the huge spend on salaries in the prem, would be completely unjustifiable if it were by far the biggest cost when paying less in league 2. Its almost a myth there is some sweet spot, where assets are optimised, expenditure realistic, and the club is meeting fans expectations of it. Name me one team, in any league or top levels of non league doing that?
That's a trick question as no fans have their expectations met regardless of where the team is at. However, off the top of my head I'd say Bournemouth, Norwich, Arsenal, Southampton and possibly Burnley (comment Stan?) are close to financial efficiency and several league teams like Burton have a good balance that keeps them close to their potential. I'd have to look at the accounts of all to come up with a more empirical answer and that isn't going to happen.

34Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 12:42

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Khan only said he would hold his future fights at the Macron, how the hell did this thread make him a major backer.
 FFS things are complicated enough how about ED just tells us what's happening. and how he as the best interest of the club at heart Blah Blah

35Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 12:49

wessy wrote:Khan only said he would hold his future fights at the Macron, how the hell did this thread make him a major backer.
 FFS things are complicated enough how about ED just tells us what's happening. and how he as the best interest of the club at heart Blah Blah

If you read the article in The Star link, it suggests that Khan is one of the people involved in Sports Shield with Holdsworth and is one of the investors and the bit about staging fights at The Macron is tagged on at the end, almost as a minor detail.

When I read that last night (when the thread first appeared) my knees both went into spasm and started jerking uncontrollably and I failed to spot the corrected version of the story in the BN link.

Hence why I went on a rant about him.....

I've calmed down now and have learnt a very important lesson about reading things properly before I comment.

36Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 13:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What difference does it make who takes over ..... As long as we get out of financial trouble and start the club over in a new direction.  Can we end up in worse shape than before?  it's not impossible I suppose but I can't see how right now.
As far as on the field we can't guarantee any new money and by the time it does come it might be too late for this season. We could be so far adrift by Christmas that nowt can be done.

37Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 14:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote: my knees both went into spasm and started jerking uncontrollably

Disgusting.

38Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 15:10

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

How about Tyson Fury?

39Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 21:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

40Secret Investor Revealed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Secret Investor Revealed? Wed Nov 18 2015, 21:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Amir Khan's beloved Bwfc??

Yeah, right!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum