Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When do you think a deal will be done

+29
rogercpc
dubzee
Lever ender
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Alf Hooker
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
Reebok Trotter
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
finlaymcdanger
scottjames30
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
FullofSprite
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
karlypants
Norpig
Chairmanda
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 51  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 51]

1When do you think a deal will be done Empty When do you think a deal will be done Wed Nov 25 2015, 11:16

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For me, you only get one chance to get it right, so normally I'd be a fan of taking however long it takes to get the right buyer, the right terms, the right plan etc. However, I think we are doomed to League 1 unless we free up some funds for January, and I can't see that happening unless the deal is done. So on the whole, I'd like to see a deal over next 2 weeks...and have a sense it may be early in that timescale...what do you feel will happen, and what is the best outcome?

According to today's BN, "sources within the club" have indicated that a deal may well be done by the end of the week, so we may have some concrete news soon.

Just hope it's not a false dawn.......

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it needs to happen before Christmas then at least we can try and get some players in January. The new owners will surely have some money available or whats the point of buying us then watching us get relegated?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want to be a negative ninny but they may have planned for relegation so they may well not spend a bean and could just be loans at best again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The key point is doing the right deal.
I can hardly wait to see something sorted out - actually that's not correct - what I want to hear is that a deal has been done which gives the new owners the potential to invest in the team and ideally owners with big ambitions and deep pockets.
But I don't think that's likely.
The reason I don't think it's likely is that the announcement that ED would wipe off the debt came after Stelios and Deano had declared an interest - surely this news would open up the market to new bidders? And I assume they have already contacted the Thai and Irish consortia that had previously expressed an interest to inform them of EDs change in stance. And yet they're talking about an early conclusion which implies that there hasn't been a rush of new interest.

So unless one of the current bidders has loads of money behind them, it's likely that an early deal would not mean a substantial investment in the team.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and the club's survival is more important than short-term success.

Whoever takes over, I'd love to see their business plan, but I doubt they'll share.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another thing to keep in mind is that even if funds are made available in January.....doesn't mean there are any players out there who would do us any good. We are not exactly a desirable operation at the moment. It's fingers crossed that we can get enough in to avoid the drop and take it from there next season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking forward to League 1 - we could genuinely win that Johnstone Paint Trophy.

Don't underestimate the power of winning a trophy - any trophy.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:The key point is doing the right deal.
I can hardly wait to see something sorted out - actually that's not correct - what I want to hear is that a deal has been done which gives the new owners the potential to invest in the team and ideally owners with big ambitions and deep pockets.
The reason I don't think it's likely is that the announcement that ED would wipe off the debt came after Stelios and Deano had declared an interest - surely this news would open up the market to new bidders? And I assume they have already contacted the Thai and Irish consortia that had previously expressed an interest to inform them of EDs change in stance. And yet they're talking about an early conclusion which implies that there hasn't been a rush of new interest.

So unless one of the current bidders has loads of money behind them, it's likely that an early deal would not mean a substantial investment in the team.

Still, beggars can't be choosers and the club's survival is more important than short-term success.

Whoever takes over, I'd love to see their business plan, but I doubt they'll share.
Not sure that either Deano, or Stelios hold the necessary business experience and this may mean a delay. However, according to some sources, the Arabs have made their pitch.

Some believe we will have an answer on Friday, but, it may not be the answer we want

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm looking forward to League 1 - we could genuinely win that Johnstone Paint Trophy.

Don't underestimate the power of winning a trophy - any trophy.
Happy Days when Phil Neal led us to the JPT, but it took another 4 years after that to get promoted to the second division and another two after that to get to the top tier, so I wouldn't say it had an immediate impact. Still, it was nice at the time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FullofSprite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The key point is doing the right deal.

Not sure that either Deano, or Stelios hold the necessary business experience and this may mean a delay. However, according to some sources, the Arabs have made their pitch.

Some believe we will have an answer on Friday, but, it may not be the answer we want
Which Arabs Sprite? That's the second mention you've made and I'm none the wiser.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A deal has already been done. Will be announced by Monday

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

how do you know that Boggers, and which one is it ?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:how do you know that Boggers, and which one is it ?
I have a well informed source. No names were mentioned but it is a new consortium

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
gloswhite wrote:how do you know that Boggers, and which one is it ?
I have a well informed source. No names were mentioned but it is a new consortium
So neither Deano or Stelios involved?

Are they rich Arabs?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Holdsworths bid was ever seriously considered

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I don't think Holdsworths bid was ever seriously considered
But it was in the papers....
...and involved Amir Khan...

Don't tell me the papers tell fibs!

Would that make Holdsworth a Stalking Donkey?

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:Would that make Holdsworth a Stalking Donkey?
...and Stelios a Trojan donkey?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was kinda hoping for a Stalking Camel after Boggers' sensational revelations

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are all riding on you now Boggers, don't let us down! Razz

Sponsored content