Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be the Sports Personality of the year?

+10
scottjames30
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Fury .

Calm down, it's only the internet.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Murray, Fury or Hamilton but will the Beeb want Fury winning? He is so unpredictable. Who knows what stunt he might pull on live TV?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:Can I request "Quorn thrown straight in the bin without actually having to put any in your mouth" please?

That's my favourite Quorn dish.

Never had it but I'm pretty certain that I'd like it.
Very Happy

Eating fake meat is like eating fake boiled eggs from China.

Something to avoid.

Fake boiled eggs from China.......?

WTF, Karl....?

(A) Why buy "fake" boiled eggs in the first place, what's wrong with real ones?

(B) Why try and source them from China (of all places)? 

(C) Why not just boil your own?

Did Mrs Pants pull rank, mate?

No shame, I'm totally beholden to the wishes of Mrs B regarding meals.

She rules with an iron fist.

I am but her commis chef, nothing more.
I thought it was common knowledge about China making fake eggs?

I remember watching it on TV a good couple of years back although never tried one and never will due to them being made with god knows what chemicals.

I guess they were cheaper to produce than waiting for the chickens to lay real ones to sell. Very Happy

There is sort of a news report on them here:

Fake boiled eggs here:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It should be scraped if this is the calibre of athlete they are going to put up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Murray has single handedly won us ( Team GB ) the Davis Cup for the first time since 1936. Tyson Fury now holds all the Heavyweight belts apart from the WBC and Lewis Hamilton equalled Sir Jackie Stewart's record of winning three F1 World Championships.
One may not be keen on Tennis, F1 or Boxing but nevertheless they will go down in the sporting history books as great achievements.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just don't think anyone on that list is particularly special.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well...Murray has been portrayed as a dour Scotsman but if he had been born in England he would be heralded as an absolute legend. 
Anyone who is the best in the world at any particular discipline is special.

By definition Murray and Hamiltons' achievements are 'special'.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put A.P. McCoy on an ordinary horse,and he can still win a race ,such is his prowess.

Put Hamilton in an ordinary car,and he's nowhere.

In my view Hamilton should only be figuring in the team of the year section.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Put A.P. McCoy on an ordinary horse,and he can still win a race ,such is his prowess.

In my view Hamilton should only be figuring in the team of the year section.

I would tend to partially agree with you Boncey, however.... in Hamilton's first year in Formula 1 he was the number 2 driver to Fernando Alonso at McLaren and he was consistently posting better times than Alonso, who was at that time, credited as being the best driver in the world. After one season, Hamilton had eclipsed Alonso and Ron Dennis at McLaren knew they had a real racing driver on their hands. Hamilton refused to play second fiddle to Alonso and that is why Alonso left to join Ferrari. He couldn't stand the fact that the young whipper snapper Hamilton was consistently outscoring him. I know a lot of people don't like Hamilton because he comes across as cocky and arrogant but he has the heart of a winner and when he gets behind the wheel of a car, he is in it to win it. His closest rival in terms of sheer driving ability is probably Sebastian Vettel who had a really good car in Red Bull. F1 is a bit like  cycling with all the politics and team tactics, which is why I find it so interesting.
Nobody can deny Hamilton his place as a great in F1. A three times world champion is no mean feat.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

Put all the F1 drivers in an ordinary car and I would put money on Hamilton winning.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Put all the F1 drivers in an ordinary car and I would put money on Hamilton winning.
Put all the F1 drivers in an ordinary car and superglue the doors and windows shut. Everyone's a winner!

Hamilton has had it handed to him on a silver platter from a young age. Jenson was a better driver but never given the same opportunities Hamilton the poster boy has. He has been with Mercedes since he was eight.

That's like signing eight year old kids to premier league clubs. Its madness. And it's no wonder there is no personalities or drive when it comes to representing your country etc as they are just eating sleeping drinking football or whatever given sport they represent.

If a team came in for my lad at even upto the first couple of years of high school i wouldn't let him. It takes the fun out of it and you stop learning when it isn't fun

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Hamilton has had it handed to him on a silver platter from a young age. Jenson was a better driver but never given the same opportunities Hamilton the poster boy has. He has been with Mercedes since he was eight.

Johnny, Hamilton had always been with McLaren not Mercedes. He won his first F1 World Championship with McLaren and only joined Mercedes after Michael Schumacher retired for good from Mercedes. Rosberg was already at Mercedes and even though he was No2 to Schumacher he was beating Schumacher nearly every week hence the reason that Schumacher quit for good. When Hamilton joined Mercedes, Rosberg was already well established with his feet under the table but both drivers were given equal status and Hamilton has proved what a good driver he is by winning the World Championship twice with Mercedes.
When Hamilton and Button both drove for McLaren it was Hamilton who consistently posted faster times.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Wed Dec 02 2015, 10:09; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which F1 driver holds the Top Gear record for the fastest lap time ever in their time trial? 

Spoiler:

Reebok Trotter wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Hamilton has had it handed to him on a silver platter from a young age. Jenson was a better driver but never given the same opportunities Hamilton the poster boy has. He has been with Mercedes since he was eight.

Johnny, Hamilton had always been with McLaren not Mercedes. He won his first F1 World Championship with McLaren and only joined Mercedes after Michael Schumacher retired for good from Mercedes. Rosberg was already at Mercedes and even though he was No2 to Schumacher he was beating Schumacher nearly every week hence the reason that Schumacher quit for good. When Hamilton joined Mercedes, Rosberg was already well established with his feet under the table but both drivers were given equal status and Hamilton has proved what a good driver he is by winning the World Championship twice with Mercedes.
When Hamilton and Button both drove for McLaren it was Hamilton who consistently posted faster times.

Sorry i meant mclaren. That is who he was spoon fed by Smile

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No probs Johnny. Hamilton started off with Go-Karts and worked his way up from there before joining McLaren. Rosberg has a famous Formula 1 driver in his father and it was Nico who was signed by Mercedes at a young age.

Reebok Trotter wrote:No probs Johnny. Hamilton started off with Go-Karts and worked his way up from there before joining McLaren. Rosberg has a famous Formula 1 driver in his father and it was Nico who was signed by Mercedes at a young age.
i've always liked Button, Hamilton seems to have an attitude that just doesn't click with people i think.

Maybe it's just me, but the big gold chains and dressing like a "gangsta rappa" annoys me.

"Sports personality" of the year, the minimum requirement should be a personality, and as much as i hate to say it, i think out of the current crop of british sports stars who have achieved something there is only probably Fury who has one.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Murray should definitely win this award.

Lewis Hamilton races for himself to earn himself big money. He wins because he has the best car.

Tyson Fury achieved greatness but ultimately did it for himself and his bank balance.

Andy Murray won the Davis Cup for GB without being paid a penny.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Andy Murray should definitely win this award.

Lewis Hamilton races for himself to earn himself big money. He wins because he has the best car.

Tyson Fury achieved greatness but ultimately did it for himself and his bank balance.

Andy Murray won the Davis Cup for GB without being paid a penny.
personality

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum