Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be the Sports Personality of the year?

+10
scottjames30
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Never understood people not liking Hamilton, always comes across well in interviews for me. Clearly he's a bit of a flash twat but he's multi millionaire F1 driver who was with Nicole Schwerzinger. Can't really blame him.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have read Hamilton's autobiography and he certainly wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His father christened him Lewis after Karl Lewis, the Olympic sprinter. Hamilton Snr scrimped and saved to allow his son the opportunity to indulge in his passion of motor racing but he certainly didn't have it easy.
I don't begrudge him his wealth or success because he has earned it and is free to do what he likes with his money. I don't see him as being arrogant at all, rather more a case of being single mindedly driven to be the best in the World.
I agree about Button being a top bloke as well. Also a very very good driver having won the F1 world Championship with Brawn GP. unfortunately McLaren have had a lot of engine problems this year so Button hasn't had a look-in.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Max Verstappen will be better than the lot of them.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
personality

When has this award ever been voted on personality?

Look at the last 10 years of winners, hardly a personality between them. It's simply whoever has been most successful that year.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
personality

When has this award ever been voted on personality?

Look at the last 10 years of winners, hardly a personality between them. It's simply whoever has been most successful that year.
i know, thats the point i was making, its a shit misleading award

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Waste of TV space. I avoid it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Really difficult to type this but I....agree....with...you....Johnny!

Ye me too, never liked it or watch it.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Really difficult to type this but I....agree....with...you....Johnny!

My work here is done

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great personality involves more than being a lively interviewee for the cameras: it can entail courage, heart, sportsmanship. selfless graft and dedication, teamwork, focus, integrity....

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Great personality involves more than being a lively interviewee for the cameras: it can entail courage, heart, sportsmanship. selfless graft and dedication, teamwork, focus, integrity....

Amazed I wasn't nominated.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hamilton comes across as a arrogant prick IMO.

Andy Murray is devoid of personality but can't really deny what he's achieved.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Great personality involves more than being a lively interviewee for the cameras: it can entail courage, heart, sportsmanship. selfless graft and dedication, teamwork, focus, integrity....
...and participation in a sport that has major TV coverage apparently.
We have tons of world champions who never get a look in because the BBC has lost the broadcasting rights or never had them to start with. Even athletes only ever figure when it's an Olympic year. We currently have 10 or 11 world champions in boxing alone. We have tougher world champions who exhibit all the characteristics Okocha describes e.g. the world triathlon champion but he'll never get a look in. I'm not suggesting the BBC rolls out our toe-wrestling or tiddlywinks champions, but I do think they tend to equate "personality" with media coverage.

It's looking a little disappointing this year because we've done nothing in football, the Rugby World Cup was a disaster and our cricket team isn't much better - hence the door opening for Murray et al.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum