Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forget salvation we are going down

+12
Norpig
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Lever ender
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 14:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If everyone was as big a fan as me we wouldn't be in his mess.

Shitfans.

They're all happy to spout off negative shite from their armchairs. Jokers
Ok smartarse give us all some positives, only a tool could see positives about the club at this time, off you go wheel em all out.

42Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 14:57

I know it's quiet at the moment, but seriously, why don't you three (one) try starting threads about stuff instead of just trying to stir up shit to get a conversation going?

We all know it's an act and nobody's falling for it so it's not even a good plan.

Come on.....start some threads.

43Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mention 'you know who' and I might join in.

44Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:
It's not blame for the sake of blame. 5 wins in 49 games is shocking and to keep saying that he's got so few options and his hands are tied etc etc is only masking the fact he's out of his depth, and has no idea how to turn it around. Yes, he's had it tough, but the fact is he should have won more than he has.

But these aren't "facts", with all due respect.

If people think Lennon is out of his depth, that is fine. I'm just not seeing - across various threads on various forums - any solid arguments for that viewpoint. And simply alluding to his win record means absolutely nothing, not merely because we've drawn an awful lot of games too. You could put the best manager in the world in certain situations and they'd look - by what seems to be the Bolton fan definition of the term - out of his depth.

It doesn't seem like anybody has any really strong views on what Lennon should do differently, just that the win ratio is crap and he must therefore be a clueless waste of space.

45Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If everyone was as big a fan as me we wouldn't be in his mess.

Shitfans.

They're all happy to spout off negative shite from their armchairs. Jokers
 you never did say whether you were at the game yesterday did you?

46Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:11

Devil's advocate time:

What's the point of bringing on attacking subs with two minutes to go when you're chasing the game, as Lennon did yesterday?

If you're going to change it, do it with enough time left to give it a chance to work, surely?

ie, just after they went 3-2 up.

47Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feel a bit sorry for Lennon.
Having spent most of his career playing with,and managing,players of quality,he ends up managing this lot.
It's a bit like dating Nicole Kidman for ten years,then ending up with Nat.

48Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:18

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Norpig wrote:Nat the fans get behind the team no matter what. 600 went to Brighton yesterday knowing they would see us get beat, the support is there it's the players letting us down

Some of the get behind the team home and away, there are a large number of 'Bolton Fans' who do not turn up unless they think we will win and if their is a chance that we may not will not part with their cash, they take the view that they pay and so the team must play well and win.

To me it appears a lot of fans will only get behind the team in the good times.
but every team in the land has fans like that Fab, that's just football

The fact that most teams have fans like that does not change the fact that a sizeable majority (IMO) would likely walk away from the club if we get relegated and I get the feeling that many have already headed for the exit with 15mins still to go, so to speak.

Guess I just don't get that mentality, even stranger are the ones who say lets just get this season over and start next year in league 1.

Toughing it out sometimes brings it's rewards.

49Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:24

You got a season ticket, Johnny Fab?

50Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've always been a glass half empty man when it comes to our beloved whites. I hope they can survive this season but it's unlikely with our appalling away record and not much better home form

51Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've watched us in the old fourth Division,so nothing scares me any more.

52Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I know it's quiet at the moment, but seriously, why don't you three (one) try starting threads about stuff instead of just trying to stir up shit to get a conversation going?

So people saying get behind the team is stirring things up?

Do you really believe that?

53Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:33

We were overwhelming favourites to go down with the bookies before a ball was kicked this season.

There's a reason for that.

And before some smart arse mentions Leicester and what they're doing, that proves nowt.

The bookies are right nine times out of ten when it comes to setting odds and we're no Foinavon.

54Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Devil's advocate time:

What's the point of bringing on attacking subs with two minutes to go when you're chasing the game, as Lennon did yesterday?

If you're going to change it, do it with enough time left to give it a chance to work, surely?

ie, just after they went 3-2 up.

Personally I can only base my opinion on the matches I see - home matches and away matches here and there, for the record.

In this case I don't have an opinion, because I'd want to see exactly how we were playing leading up to and after the goal. Perhaps we were already creating chances - I know Feeney had a one on one opportunity - in which case it made sense to stick with plan A rather than sacrifice something defensively and risk being out of sight ten-twenty minutes later. Perhaps we were never really in the game at all, in which case we might as well have gone for it, and Lennon acted like a clown on this occasion.

I don't know, but I can't think of many times where I felt he has completely changed the system at a thoroughly brainless point in a match.

55Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Norpig wrote:Nat the fans get behind the team no matter what. 600 went to Brighton yesterday knowing they would see us get beat, the support is there it's the players letting us down

Some of the get behind the team home and away, there are a large number of 'Bolton Fans' who do not turn up unless they think we will win and if their is a chance that we may not will not part with their cash, they take the view that they pay and so the team must play well and win.

To me it appears a lot of fans will only get behind the team in the good times.
but every team in the land has fans like that Fab, that's just football

The fact that most teams have fans like that does not change the fact that a sizeable majority (IMO) would likely walk away from the club if we get relegated and I get the feeling that many have already headed for the exit with 15mins still to go, so to speak.

Guess I just don't get that mentality, even stranger are the ones who say lets just get this season over and start next year in league 1.

Toughing it out sometimes brings it's rewards.
again Fab that's what happens after relegation, fans walk away, Our crowds started dropping after Big Sam left when we were still in the Premiership.

I don't seem the harm in starting to accept the (almost) inevitable and start planning for next season. Most of the present squad will need to leave thats for sure

56Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:36

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:I know it's quiet at the moment, but seriously, why don't you three (one) try starting threads about stuff instead of just trying to stir up shit to get a conversation going?

So people saying get behind the team is stirring things up?

Do you really believe that?

No, but given the fact that I've seen you spend the last three years slagging the players and management off and laughing at the happy clappers on here every time they come out with the tripe you're currently peddling, you can probably understand why I'm not taking what you and your bastard offspring are now spouting too seriously.

57Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:but it's unlikely with our appalling away record and not much better home form

Stop revelling in it...

Or do you just enjoy stating the obvious? Dope.

58Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:39

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:You got a season ticket, Johnny Fab?

Not that it matters but yes me and the youngest, and before you ask we go to as many away games as we can, in fact boro, Eastleigh and forest this year were great days out despite the results.

We went in the hope of a good performance and a win, didn't get them but it won't stop us going home or away in the future.

And I ain't got a clue who this Johnny fella is, just for the record.

59Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:but it's unlikely with our appalling away record and not much better home form

Stop revelling in it...

Or do you just enjoy stating the obvious? Dope.
 still not answered my question about yesterday have you shit for brains?

60Forget salvation we are going down - Page 3 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:The bookies are right nine times out of ten when it comes to setting odds and we're no Foinavon.

For what it is worth I picked Foinavon to win!

The only race my dad bet on was the National and he always asked all the family to pick a horse and he put some money on them - probably something like an old six pence back then.

I knew nowt about horses and can't recall why I picked it - I think it was the smallest horse in the field iirc - but I did and it won!

Happy days!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum