Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forget salvation we are going down

+12
Norpig
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Lever ender
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:but it's unlikely with our appalling away record and not much better home form

Stop revelling in it...

Or do you just enjoy stating the obvious? Dope.
 still not answered my question about yesterday have you shit for brains?
Stop quoting Jane Austen. Show off.

62Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Breadman wrote:Devil's advocate time:

What's the point of bringing on attacking subs with two minutes to go when you're chasing the game, as Lennon did yesterday?

If you're going to change it, do it with enough time left to give it a chance to work, surely?

ie, just after they went 3-2 up.

Personally I can only base my opinion on the matches I see - home matches and away matches here and there, for the record.

In this case I don't have an opinion, because I'd want to see exactly how we were playing leading up to and after the goal. Perhaps we were already creating chances - I know Feeney had a one on one opportunity - in which case it made sense to stick with plan A rather than sacrifice something defensively and risk being out of sight ten-twenty minutes later. Perhaps we were never really in the game at all, in which case we might as well have gone for it, and Lennon acted like a clown on this occasion.

I don't know, but I can't think of many times where I felt he has completely changed the system at a thoroughly brainless point in a match.
careful of those splinters Doffy, there a real pain to get out of your arse  Very Happy

63Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:45

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:I know it's quiet at the moment, but seriously, why don't you three (one) try starting threads about stuff instead of just trying to stir up shit to get a conversation going?

We all know it's an act and nobody's falling for it so it's not even a good plan.

Come on.....start some threads.
I think you'll find I did start the thread, don't know what your point is to be honest.

64Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:48

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Norpig wrote:Nat the fans get behind the team no matter what. 600 went to Brighton yesterday knowing they would see us get beat, the support is there it's the players letting us down

Some of the get behind the team home and away, there are a large number of 'Bolton Fans' who do not turn up unless they think we will win and if their is a chance that we may not will not part with their cash, they take the view that they pay and so the team must play well and win.

To me it appears a lot of fans will only get behind the team in the good times.
but every team in the land has fans like that Fab, that's just football

The fact that most teams have fans like that does not change the fact that a sizeable majority (IMO) would likely walk away from the club if we get relegated and I get the feeling that many have already headed for the exit with 15mins still to go, so to speak.

Guess I just don't get that mentality, even stranger are the ones who say lets just get this season over and start next year in league 1.

Toughing it out sometimes brings it's rewards.
again Fab that's what happens after relegation, fans walk away, Our crowds started dropping after Big Sam left when we were still in the Premiership.

I don't seem the harm in starting to accept the (almost) inevitable and start planning for next season. Most of the present squad will need to leave thats for sure

That is my point, after relegation I understand, but before it no, especially if they have paid to watch and hope for a full season, reality may be that we go down, and preparing for league 1 may seem sensible sensible, however the harm in doing this is accepting your fate, I am a great believer in you get what you aim for, there is plenty of time to get the house in order for league 1 come May.

The aim now and until mathematically impossible has to be to stay in the championship, nothing else should be considered or accepted.

65Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i admire you optimism Fab and i truly hope you are right for all our sakes  Very Happy

66Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:51

MartinBWFC wrote:
Breadman wrote:I know it's quiet at the moment, but seriously, why don't you three (one) try starting threads about stuff instead of just trying to stir up shit to get a conversation going?

We all know it's an act and nobody's falling for it so it's not even a good plan.

Come on.....start some threads.
I think you'll find I did start the thread, don't know what your point is to be honest.

I didn't mean you, but your comment slipped in just before I posted and I couldn't be arsed editing it for clarification.

I meant the Mumblecrust Trio of Whittam, Boggers and Scott who had all posted in quick succession.

67Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I meant the Mumblecrust Trio of Whittam, Boggers and Scott who had all posted in quick succession.

I'm glad you put me first.

68Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:55

Why wouldn't I, you're a born leader.

Of snoutbands and wandoughts.

69Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 15:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is this like a middle earth dictionary you've found breaders?  Very Happy

70Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why was i last?

71Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:22

scottjames30 wrote:Why was i last?

Probably a question you've been asking all your life.....

72Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:42

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

I'm glad you put me first.

Aye. Well, driggle-draggle comes before fustylugs, you gnashgab!  Twisted Evil Razz

73Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] scratch

74Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 16:54

Shall we tell him, Bollo?

75Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 17:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ha ha. I'll let you. But any proper student of Shakespeare should know most of them.  Twisted Evil

76Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And you were expecting students of Shakespeare on here? Shocked

77Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 17:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:Ha ha. I'll let you. But any proper student of Shakespeare should know most of them.  Twisted Evil
 bloody show offs  Very Happy

78Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 17:23

Here you go, Boncey:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have at it, you stampcrab.

79Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 17:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers,you saddle-goose.

80Forget salvation we are going down - Page 4 Empty Re: Forget salvation we are going down Sun Feb 14 2016, 17:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boncey you dew-beater! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum