Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Election - 8th June.

+22
rammywhite
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
Hipster_Nebula
RustyNail
Soul Kitchen
okocha
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Norpig
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Sluffy
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 26]

181General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Thu May 11 2017, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The leaked Labour DRAFT manifesto has some interesting points.

It looks like a return to old-fashioned British values so I'm not confident it will play well with sections of the electorate and there's little attempt to show how they can pay for it without borrowing on the scale the Tories have - which is unsustainable. Still, it's a draft.

182General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Thu May 11 2017, 14:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got my 'Vote Labour' poster in the window,and I'm ready for the fight.

The bloke next door gives me some dirty looks,but he often wears a blazer and is much given to wearing

a cricket jumper tied round his neck,so I've got him down as a ponce.

Bring it on.

183General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Thu May 11 2017, 15:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've got my 'Vote Labour' poster in the window.

You really need a break from Bread. He's leading you into trouble.

184General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Thu May 11 2017, 15:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've got my 'Vote Labour' poster in the window.

You really need a break from Bread. He's leading you into trouble.
General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 1

185General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
y2johnny wrote:General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Screen14

:dontgetit:

How much credibility does anyone have if they believe in spending billions on Trident but promise to never use it?
Jezza conveniently gets trigger-happy....

186General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 12:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Apparently it's now unpatriotic to not vote Tory.

As Samuel Johnson said "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel", so no surprise to see the Tories going there.

187General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 13:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is weird how people interpret messaging these days. Having just read the Labour manifesto which basically a working class agenda, I'm now hearing May arguing that Labour has deserted the working class.

188General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 14:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I nearly choked on my Chablis. Very Happy

189General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 15:18

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just stick to your usual brown ale with your mushy peas!

190General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 15:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Just stick to your usual brown ale with your mushy peas!
General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Old-man-in-pub-reading-ne-009

191General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 21:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:As a lifelong Labour supporter i agree with most of what he is putting forward

If there was a party that would sort out the NHS, even if it meant more taxes, I would vote for it. The NHS is something that we all have an interest in because we never know when we might need it.

But successive governments have failed to improve things, and in the unlikely situation that Labour got in again it would be more of the same.

Someone needs to be brave and stop the NHS being free for conditions brought on by stupidity. If you insist on going rock climbing then you should fooking well pay for your treatment. But it will never happen because politicians care more about perceived image than actually doing what is best for the country.
welcome to the LibDems Nat...that's our headline policy
Amanda I hate to say this but the Lib Dem's credibility is gone with the vast majority of ordinary voters after Clegg jumped in bed with Cameron. They've got no chance of even catching Labour let alone the Tories and no one will ever trust them as a party of government again, not even as part of a coalition. I don't wish them ill, in fact I agree with many of their espoused policies but the way Clegg and his cohorts abandoned those principles, not least tuition fees for a frankly useless seat at the cabinet table killed them in the eyes of many centrists and moderates.
Totally agree with this, i have no axe to grind with the Lib Dems, however they sold there soul for power, all this for the good of the country doesn't wash with me, they gave away principles for power, Labour's natural allies got into bed with the enemy unforgivable, hence the whitewash last time out.

192General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 21:31

I quite like Tim farron.  If thats his name.  Did anyone see the video of him with the owd guy going off on one with him.  I thought he handled it rather well.  Plus a new policynin their manifesto caught my eye today Smile

193General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 21:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The Lib Dems are in the luxurious position that they can promise what they like, as they know  they will never be asked to fulfill their promises. Personally, I think Farron is a complete arse. Having said that, I voted for a Lib Dem in the local council elections.

194General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 21:38

gloswhite wrote:The Lib Dems are in the luxurious position that they can promise what they like, as they know  they will never be asked to fulfill their promises. Personally, I think Farron is a complete arse. Having said that, I voted for a Lib Dem in the local council elections.
I thought he did alright versus the bloke giving him pure grief.

Plus the promise of legalised Mary Jane Wink

195General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Fri May 12 2017, 21:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I actually thought he was very condescending, and obviously didn't expect to be confronted like that. When he'd made a few platitudes, he then finished with saying the chap was entitled to his views, and 'God bless him'

196General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Mon May 15 2017, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a blatant pitch to target traditional Labour voters:

Tories promise to guarantee all workers rights currently in place AND protect pensions and have worker representation on boards.

However when you look at the small print, they are not promising to actually have workers in the boardroom. How does that work then? Workers on "advisory panels" apparently.

197General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Mon May 15 2017, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Tory bashing post.

I think we all get your point. Now shut the fuck up for the sake of my sanitary.

198General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Mon May 15 2017, 16:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sanitary what? Towel?

199General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Mon May 15 2017, 16:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Another Tory bashing post.

I think we all get your point. Now shut the fuck up for the sake of my sanitary.
So you're saying that stating the facts is Tory bashing?

There's probably some truth in that TBF. 

But we're not interested in the facts are we?

200General Election - 8th June. - Page 10 Empty Re: General Election - 8th June. Mon May 15 2017, 16:45

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm astonished that an intelligent bunch of people like you believe a word that comes out from any of the major parties. They're just sound bites  none of which will be delivered.
Its just party political advertising designed to fool individual voters to vote for them.How anyone can believe the guff that comes from any of them is beyond me
Their election manifestos will like wise be a set of fairy stories- more like a 10 year olds wish list for Christmas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum