Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 46 of 50]

901Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 18 Jul - 18:05

Why would Boris make such a good leader then Karly?

902Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 18 Jul - 21:39

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We really must be in a mess when reasonably sane people? are quoting Boris as the answer to our problems.

903Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 18 Jul - 21:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Unless karly was there.

I don’t like bullies

904Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed 18 Jul - 22:22

Stop stalking me then Dan lad.

905Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 19 Jul - 10:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:And we now have the spectacle of Labour brexit rebels keeping May in power. :facepalm:

They were voting about whether or not the UK should have the option of a Customs Union should no deal be agreed which would facilitate passage of goods and supplies between the UK and the EU - rather than barriers, taxes and border checks - something that the import/export business community is desperate for.

I reckon that the biggest irony (apart from Labour becoming the party that supports business) was the DUP voting unanimously to prevent a Customs Union when Northern Ireland voted 56% to 44% in favour of remain and NO barrier with the South.

I know that the Tories bought the DUP with taxpayer's money, but in Northern Ireland this issue was central and the biggest concern for NI voters, yet they've stuffed them. I guess the third irony was that us taxpayers funded the DUP to f*** over their own supporters?

906Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 19 Jul - 15:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

907Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 19 Jul - 16:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Cheating to win a vote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44886069
Yeah - mentioned it in 889 - surprised the media hadn't run with it before as it breaks with years of parliamentary code, but nowt will be done just as nothing will be done about the cheating in the EU referendum.

908Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 19 Jul - 17:28

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's even worse than previously reported...it wasn't some mistake, but a plan to derail the democratic process.

909Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat 21 Jul - 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:It's even worse than previously reported...it wasn't some mistake, but a plan to derail the democratic process.
Once upon a time there would have been a public outcry leading to sackings and/or resignations but democracy is held cheap these days and cheating the voters has become so commonplace that it's almost as if we accept it as normal.

The more we let them get away with it, the more it will happen.

910Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat 21 Jul - 13:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This seems so very applicable to Trump and brexit supporters.

“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist.”
― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

911Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun 22 Jul - 10:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Chairmanda wrote:It's even worse than previously reported...it wasn't some mistake, but a plan to derail the democratic process.
I agree Amanda, its really not on. However, is it actually a written down and 'in the rules', democratic process, i.e. can anyone actually be disciplined for it, other than their own party ? 
I believe some will hit the fan, but very little of it will stick, unfortunately.

912Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue 24 Jul - 16:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit postponed!

May announces that the UK will remain under EU law for at least an additional 19 months beyond the date she had promised i.e. until the end of 2020.

It is still unclear whether or not the UK will continue to be represented in Brussels throughout the extended period.

913Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 26 Jul - 18:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Interesting selection of lies spread by convicted brexit campaign cheats:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44966969

914Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 11:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Time to wind up Nat again by posting some facts about brexit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45351288

915Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would that wind me up? I always buy Sony.

916Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 11:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Noticed nobhead Nigel's first big leave means leave rally is being held in Bolton  Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1034496541065719808

917Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 11:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Noticed nobhead Nigel's first big leave means leave rally is being held in Bolton  Rolling Eyes

Cheers Norpig have just added the date in my diary! Smile

918Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 12:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm meeting xmiles there.

919Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 19:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Noticed nobhead Nigel's first big leave means leave rally is being held in Bolton  Rolling Eyes

Remind me - what does the second "leave" mean again?

920Brexit negotiations - Page 46 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu 30 Aug - 22:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hate to say this but Panasonic will not be the last, not even close. I fully expect Nissan and Ford to follow suit and I wouldn't be surprised if a great many more manufacturing and service companies did the same. Brexit is going to be an unmitigated disaster for this country that our children and grandchildren will spend decades paying the price for long after the idiots who actually voted for it including my dad are dead and gone.

Frankly the politics (far too dignified a term for what it really is) of bigotry and hate have won and they won in the US too which is why they have the worst President in the entire history of their nation sitting in the White House. It's a bad time all over for anything that smacks of tolerance and reason and I only hope people wake up to that fact soon, very soon or it'll be too late.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 46 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum