Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sluffy,I demand an apology!

+17
Mr Magoo
xmiles
Copper Dragon
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Boggersbelief
Norpig
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
karlypants
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
boltonbonce
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Mon Jun 26 2017, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce, seeing as you and Bread are related, may I ask how he is? Is he coping with his Nuts ban, or are you sharing yours?

102Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Mon Jun 26 2017, 21:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bonce, seeing as you and Bread are related, may I ask how he is? Is he coping with his Nuts ban, or are you sharing yours?
To be honest,I'm fearing for his sanity. After his brief sojourn in America,from whence he was deported,after being found in unlawful possession of a wild racoon,and having no lights on his bicycle,he now finds himself in semi rural Walkden,contemplating his future.
We recently strolled across the golf course discussing his plight,but getting more than a sentence out of him was hard work. I felt helpless.
Finally,in trembling tones he said,"Well,here's my front door".
"Yes", I replied,unwilling to leave it at that. I should add,that I had no idea what his front door was doing in the middle of the seventh green,but I didn't like to pry.
I left him there. A sad, tragic figure. A shadow of the man he once was.
In many ways,we're all to blame.
I wonder if he'd let me borrow his hosepipe?

103Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Mon Jun 26 2017, 21:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I wonder if he'd let me borrow his hosepipe?

Why does everything result in gay sex with the Bumchums?

104Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Mon Jun 26 2017, 21:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I wonder if he'd let me borrow his hosepipe?

Why does everything result in gay sex with the Bumchums?
I only want to water the garden. God only knows what you and Cecil get up to with a hosepipe.

Are you accusing us of being hosexuals? affraid

Anyway,how long is the argumentative old bugger banned for?

105Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Mon Jun 26 2017, 23:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:This is great

It would be to you. You just chip in  as and when it suits and offer very little other than snide puerile comments. Your latest response smacks of Schadenfreude, and you being an estate agent, I can see why.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Jun 26 2017, 23:44; edited 1 time in total

106Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Mon Jun 26 2017, 23:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:now sense has been restored there's just this that needs installing with Sluffy

Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Humour-bypass

Laughing

107Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 00:03

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Kane57 wrote:This is great

It would be to you. You just chip in  as and when it suits and offer very little other than snide puerile comments. Your latest response smacks of Schadenfreude, and you being an estate agent, I can see why.
:clap:

108Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 08:00

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I haven't been an estate agent for three years pal.

As for puerile, there's plenty of that going around on this thread.

109Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 22:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:I haven't been an estate agent for three years pal.

As for puerile, there's plenty of that going around on this thread.

I ain't your pal.  

Act your age and not your shoe size.

110Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 22:30

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cool

111Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 22:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can point me in the direction of a serious or humorous post you have written. You have been on Nuts since 2013 so I'm sure there must be something tangible that you have contributed. Please help me find it and then perhaps I will alter my opinion of you. Who knows? We could even become pals. Cool

112Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 23:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt if you can point me in the direction of a serious or humorous post you have written.

If that's the standard then I should be the only one on here.

113Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 23:10

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have no interest in proving my internet credentials, I was merely enjoying the to-and-fro in this thread.

114Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 23:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:I have no interest in proving my internet credentials, I was merely enjoying the to-and-fro in this thread.

Your internet credentials wouldn't fill the contents of a matchbox. I would urge you to stick to the 'Lion of Vienna' and leave Nuts to the rest of us lesser mortals than your good self.

115Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Tue Jun 27 2017, 23:40

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

As you were, in that case.

116Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Wed Jun 28 2017, 00:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't bite RT, Kane/ Mr Manning only appears when he thinks he can wind somebody up - usually me!

He first came to my notice when I was on The Wanderers forum - he posted under several different aliases over that time but was mainly known as Batman.

He was banned multiple times usually for abuse but the mods over there kept letting him back under a different name because he posted so much.

I didn't cross swords with him really until I was made a mod on there.

TW had to my mind a strange way of operating, there was an Admin part of the system that only the very privileged were allowed access to, and a 'in crowd' secret section that all the 'favoured' posters had access to, and the public forum for the rest of us plebs.

I was appalled to find on becoming a mod that all modding was done on the 'in crowd' hidden section of the forum and that everyone and anyone could and would add their two pennyworth to any modding discussions and often people got away with murder simply because their mates had a bit of sway with some of the mods.

There was also incredible two face-ness  - people where character assassinated in the hidden section whilst at the same time made to feel they were the best thing since sliced bread - by the same people pouring shit on them in the secret part of the forum!

Similarly there was a two tier modding system whereby those in the 'in crowd' were free to say and do just about everything on the public forum whilst those who weren't were banned outright for absolutely trivial offences just because they had upset someone who had a bit of influence.

I told them straight when I found out what was going on that I didn't work like that, I treat everybody the same, and that no one including myself was above the rules.  I asked for a mod part of the forum where decisions could be made free and fairly away from any undue fear or favour.

As you can imagine that didn't go down well and I was told to wait for a mod forum to be created - it never was.

At around that time a vote was made to make up a few more 'goodfellows' into the 'in crowd part of the forum (it's real name was the Think Tank) one of which was Mannings best mate who went by the name of 'His Royal Gingerness'.

I objected.  Not that I didn't like the bloke or didn't think he wasn't worthy or anything like that but because I knew it would be impossible to mod Manning and/or put his best mate in an impossible position.  Clearly nothing said in the secret part of the forum about anyone - including a vast history in existence about bitching of most people on the forum, would be off-limits to Manning via his mate - and Manning would use it to be abusive to his advantage.

I was sacked because I was told "I was not one of them" - no kidding, that was true.

I told them that was up to them but named four people who should be banned - one of them was Les the Postman who went on to post under the name Richard McCormick and another was Manning.

Clearly the confidentiality was breached and Manning told about my view of him not being treated as a special case and being subject to the same criteria as everyone else - ie no-one above the law.

I don't know what happened after I left but I do know within a month 3 of the 4 I named were banned and sometime later Mannings mate left the forum - obviously because he had been put in an untenable position.

Manning as ever since had an axe to grind against me which surfaced from time to time, notably when he modded Burnden Aces after I had left.

What I don't think he knows was that he himself was 'sacked' by the site owner Manny because he once altered one of his posts!  At least we both have being sacked from BA in common then.

Despite all of that history and in spite whatever he may think of me, I've always thought of him as a good forum poster in that he is funny, quick witted, passionate about the club, and at times controversial, even a little bit charismatic at times maybe.

I always thought a firm but fair mod like myself could perhaps round off some of the abusive and snidey rough edges from his posts and help him mature more quickly than he has.

He's a grown man now and beyond any good intentioned help I could have offered him and that is why even as a thirtysomething he still behaves at times so immaturely and snidely.

Fair play to him in building up the LoV and even getting a few scoops every now and again but his childish behaviour seems will always be his Achilles heel.

117Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Wed Jun 28 2017, 07:00

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jesus Christ, Sluffy....take your time to read and re-read that. I'm honoured, creeper out and strangely aroused. You're a very unique person I'll give you that.

Suppose it does the job of diverting attention away from how you've become a virtual pariah on what, a third separate forum?

Have a great day

118Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Wed Jun 28 2017, 11:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thank you I will.

As for being a pariah, nobody mods to make themselves popular but it is required to stop the excesses of forums becoming infested with fake accounts - such as BA became, or become an utterly boring nodding donkeys club like TW now is.

Say what you like but Nuts is still standing and interesting - as were the other two forums during my time there.

I may well be a pariah but at least the forums I'm on are good!

119Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Wed Jun 28 2017, 12:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It seems to me that any of those involved could easily be scriptwriters for a soap, such as Corrie. It has all the ingredients.

120Sluffy,I demand an apology! - Page 6 Empty Re: Sluffy,I demand an apology! Wed Jun 28 2017, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't always agree with Sluffy but it is a tough job running this site (KP and BTID as well i have to add) and having to  put up with knobheads like me arguing and going over the top on occasions.

We've had a rocky time of it on here recently but i appreciate all the hard work that goes into running this site. I can't imagine not posting on here now. it's become part of my daily routine and long may it continue.

Right that's enough being nice to the mods, who wants an argument?  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum