Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED

+11
Leeds_Trotter
Cajunboy
wanderlust
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

41Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:31

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You're insane, Ellis

42Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 15:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ignorance and malice combine to make the most putrid brew and Mr Manning is a master of the recipe. Tomorrow we will show you how he does it.

43Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 16:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Now now chaps please leave your baggage at the door of Nuts when you step inside.

Clearly you aren't on each others Christmas card list but how about being as civil as you can be on here and deal with your displeasure with each other some place else.

Thank you both.

44Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ignore sluffy, he wants a sanitised forum where everyone sings Kum ba yah as they post.

Like most people, I enjoy reading the posts of two intelligent posters who dislike one another.

45Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 16:41

Sluffy wrote:Now now chaps please leave your baggage at the door of Nuts when you step inside.

Clearly you aren't on each others Christmas card list but how about being as civil as you can be on here and deal with your displeasure with each other some place else.

Thank you both.

let them go at it sluffy, a bit of entertainment for the rest of us Smile

46Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 16:43

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ignore sluffy, he wants a sanitised forum where everyone sings Kum ba yah as they post.

Like most people, I enjoy two intelligent posters who dislike one another making love to me.
:sick:

47Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 17:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We could start a novel about the selling of the club... but truth is likely to be far more interesting. Hopefully one day the truth will come out... but there is more likely to be "two truths" that we hear. The only truth that I can ascertain so far is that you have to be desperate to take out a loan with such a usurious rate. Everything else is conjecture... but it will be interesting to hear what really happened. My guess is ED is involved in some way... as he tried to shape the deal to save the club. But that's an unsupported piece of conjecture. It's not easy to make fast money... and there appear to be many sharks in the pool. Game on!

48Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 17:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:The only truth that I can ascertain so far is that you have to be desperate to take out a loan with such a usurious rate.

I guarantee that's the first time this word has been used on Nuts. Bravo.

49Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 17:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:What an absolute shambles! How did Eddie even let this happen? I thought he would only sell to someone who had sustainable plan in place? Dean had no fucking plan whatsoever. Arsehole!

Dean had a plan alright - he borrowed £5 million and put just£4 million into the club.

The other £1 million apparently being a set up fee for the loan.

Somebody did very well for just a few hours work!

But as it turns out it wasn't Deano. Still fair play to the man for somehow finding the funds minutes before BWFC was about to go into administration.

Are you for real?

Do you really think someone can just pitch up and arrange a £5 million loan in a few minutes???
Yes I do, providing you have the right connections and you are willing to put up assets as collateral. It's only 5 mill for a chunk of footie club.

What interests me is that at the point Deano raised the money he had no assets to offer so he must have gone to the club and said that he could get the money IF they would offer up the assets. The club, and not Deano pawned the family jewels. That would have been Eddie at the time?
And I guess with minutes to spare before administration they were desperate enough to do it.

50Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 17:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So Deano stops the club going into Administration by borrowing £5 million of which he invested £4 million into the club in return for shares. Interest on the 5 has taken the debt up to £7 million. 
Ken bought some of the shares so Deano was left with 37.5%.
So Deano has pocketed £1 million plus whatever KA paid for the other shares?
Now the liquidator has the 37.5% which they can sell on and use the money(less their fee) to go towards the BM settlement.
Highly unlikely that an investor will pay £7 million plus the liquidator's fee so there's likely to be a shortfall - for which BM is likely to come after the club's assets - some of which were paid for in the first place with the £4million that Deano put in.
What surprises me in all of this is that the consortium looking to buy in asked for 72 hours to get the money which KA refused to give them - in the full knowledge that SSBWFC would be liquidated.
Why did he do that? 
If my understanding is right, we are likely to see new shareholders who could possibly pay well under the going rate (as BWFC isn't the liquidator's concern) a raid on our assets (which may not be valued at full whack) and possible sanctions (e.g. points reduction) from the EFL.

I just don't get why KA apparently put his desire to get rid of Deano ahead of the club's overall interest.
Still at least we've survived so far.

It's simple - no one was really going to buy Holdsworth shares.

No one has even looked at the books yet, so do you honestly believe they would be buying shares in a business blind?

If they really do now want the shares their hands are forced now by the liquidator having control of them.

No more silly games from the Holdsworth camp anymore.

Do you think that nobody has looked at the books because KA demanded half a million just to look? I do. 
And I agree that nobody would go in blind. 

So be honest - the silly games were all in the Anderson camp.

I reckon the liquidator will flog them off cheap for a quick sale leaving the club with a huge debt.

51Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 19:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jack Dearden has said over the last 60-90 minutes, he's been told a quick resolution is likely with the next 48-72 hours

52Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 20:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

’I’m back, darling.’’

‘’Oh hello, dear. Have you had a nice day?’’

‘’Yes thanks, darling. Sorry I’m late but Connie Loudmouth was in the hairdressers and she was plugging me for information.’’

‘’I hope you didn’t tell her anything.’’

‘’Of course not, darling, but you know how she goes on and on. She talks in this strange accent and I can’t always make out what she’s saying.’’

‘’Yes, dear. Her and her husband come from Birmingham and they both support Aston Villa.’’

‘’Anyway she mentioned that Dean Holdsworth and went on about him missing a sitter. She was smiling when she said it but I didn’t really understand what she was talking about. I thought a sitter was somebody who sat whilst they were being painted.’’

‘’Well it is, dear, but it’s also a football term and that’s what she probably meant. Did she ask you anything about Bolton Wanderers.’’

‘’Yes, she did. She seemed to know all about the money you’d spent. She said that she hoped you were getting interest on the money. Were you getting interest on the money, Eddie?’’

‘’Not exactly. They were supposed to pay interest but they couldn’t afford to pay it because the club kept losing money.’’

‘’How much interest were they supposed to pay, Eddie’’

‘’About £24million, dear.’’

‘’And was that part of the £185million we talked about this morning?’’

‘’No, dear.’’

‘’So what happened to it?’’

‘’Well it was just kind of left in the business, dear.’’

‘’Are we going to get any of it back, Eddie?’’

‘’I don’t think so, dear.’’

‘’When this is all over, will I still be able to afford to go to the hairdressers, Eddie?’’

‘’Yes, dear, of course you will.’’

‘’Oh Eddie!’’

53Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 21:45

Ten Bobsworth wrote:’I’m back, darling.’’

‘’Yes thanks, darling. Sorry I’m late but Connie Loudmouth was in the hairdressers and she was plugging me for information.’’

‘’Of course not, darling, but you know how she goes on and on. She talks in this strange accent and I can’t always make out what she’s saying.’’

‘’Yes, dear. Her and her husband come from Birmingham and they both support Aston Villa.’’

‘’Anyway she mentioned that Dean Holdsworth and went on about him missing a sitter. She was smiling when she said it but I didn’t really understand what she was talking about. I thought a sitter was somebody who sat whilst they were being painted.’’

‘’Well it is, dear, but it’s also a football term and that’s what she probably meant. Did she ask you anything about Bolton Wanderers.’’

‘’Yes, she did. She seemed to know all about the money you’d spent. She said that she hoped you were getting interest on the money. Were you getting interest on the money, Eddie?’’

‘’Not exactly. They were supposed to pay interest but they couldn’t afford to pay it because the club kept losing money.’’

‘’No, dear.’’

‘’When this is all over, will I still be able to afford to go to the hairdressers, Eddie?’’

‘’Oh Eddie!’’
I vote to keep ten bob.

54Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Tue Aug 22 2017, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:’I’m back, darling.’’

‘’No, dear.’’

‘’Oh Eddie!’’
I vote to keep ten bob.

Very Happy

Me too!

55Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Wed Aug 23 2017, 09:22

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

‘’How are you feeling this morning, Eddie?’’

‘’Oh I’m fine, dear. Don’t go worrying about me.’’

‘’I can’t help it, dear. It’s been such an annus horribilis for your club and I don’t know how its all going to end up.’’

‘’It will all work out, dear. I’ll make sure it does.’’

‘’I hope so, Eddie, but are you sure that this Holdsworth fellow isn’t just another one of those time- wasting chancers? How many have there been so far?’’

‘’I’ve lost count, dear, there’s been that many.’’

‘’I’ve lost count too but Connie doesn’t think he has any money. The Loudmouth’s have friends who live near Mr Holdsworth and that’s what they think. He won’t be coming to the house will he, Eddie?’’
‘’No. I might just let Trevor deal with him anyway.’’

‘’I think that would be a good idea, Eddie.’’

‘‘I’ve been thinking a bit more about the interest we talked about yesterday. I know the club was losing money and couldn’t afford to pay the interest but why did that newspaper fellow say the interest was handy for you?’’

‘’Newspapers write all kind of nonsense, dear. There’s nothing you can do about it. Keep well clear of them is my advice.’’

‘’But you did talk to that Financial Times chap and that fellow from the Examiner.’’

‘’Yes I took a bit of a risk but the FT man was recommended to me by my one of my London friends and I knew the Examiner would be alright.’’

‘’What was the name of that man that said the interest would be handy for you?’’

‘’Conn, dear, he writes for the Guardian.’’

‘’Con by name and by nature if you ask me. Wasn’t that the same man who accused you of being a tax exile?’’

‘’Sort of, but his name’s spelt with two n’s, dear.’’

‘’I don’t care who many n’s he’s got in his name, he’s got no right to go conning folk like that.’’

‘’I think we should have a nice cup of tea and one of your home-made scones, dear.’’

‘’Good idea, Eddie. I’ll be right back’’

‘’Just like Roy Hartle?’’

‘’No, not just like Roy Hartle, Eddie, but I do remember him. Such a nice man.’’

56Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Wed Aug 23 2017, 11:25

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Seek help

57Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Wed Aug 23 2017, 11:53

Kane57 wrote:Seek help
i vote to evict Kane

58Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Wed Aug 23 2017, 12:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Seek help
i vote to evict Kane

Very Happy

This isn't the Big Brother House, nobody is getting evicted for their views (as long as they are legal).

Ten Bob is free to prose how he wants and Chris is free to think he's a nutter if he likes.

And it's all good entertainment to the rest of us!

(Sort of what Nuts is all about!).

59Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Wed Aug 23 2017, 12:09

i've heard tenbob is really cecil, Nat's lover

60Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED - Page 3 Empty Re: Sports Shield BWFC Ltd - LIQUIDATED Wed Aug 23 2017, 13:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So now lets take a closer look at the figures, Sluffy and the mendacity of that Manning character.

Between 2002 and 2014 Burnden Leisure incurred finance costs of £45million. £21million was paid to banks at an average interest rate of 8-9%.

The other £24million was due to Eddie Davies at an average rate of interest, up to the date the loans were written off, of about 3%.

The club was able to pay the bank interest because ED was subsidising the club but it could only pay the interest on the ED loans if he kept lending the club even more. £9.5million of interest was built up in an accruals account. The rest of the £24million is included in the loan balance of £185million most of which was written off in the handover to Holdsworth and Anderson.

In the minds of the warped, deluded and downright malicious all of this was for the benefit of Eddie Davies and his family. This is what that Manning character had to say:

[size=32]Glory, Debt & Self-Interest: Eddie Davies' Legacy at Bolton Wanderers[/size]
Chris has looked at Garty's legacy, and now turns his gaze on the owner
by ChrisManning Nov 21, 2015, 9:47pm GMT

So it appears that Bolton Wanders are soon to be out of Eddie Davies' hands for the first time in a generation.
It's hard to equate our current funk with the glory days of the mid-2000s, but here we are.
What is Davies' legacy?
I think it can be divided into three sections - Glory, Debt and Self-Interest:
Glory
We have a nice shiny stadium, we had a decade in the sun and we had a time when we genuinely could claim to be one of the top ten clubs in the whole country.
That isn't hyperbole. That's fact.
Educate yourselves! (copyright Richard Keys and the reputation owls).
When it was good, it was really good.
Debt
The massive dock-off elephant in the room.
Currently over £170m, this has been spent somewhat recklessly via a series of awful, awful decisions.
Granted we had the glory years mentioned above, but they didn't come for free.
Self-Interest
One positive of Davies' stewardship is that it's meant to be a good thing that we have a Bolton Wanderers supporter at the helm.
The reality is that in the past six years, Davies and his family almost £23 million in interest from the club on the loans made (source here).
The payments are broken down as follows:
2009 - £2.01m
2010 - £3.6m
2011 - £4.7m
2012 - £5.5m
2013 - £6.94m
2014 - £0.13m
Just think about that. It's eye-watering.
Do you think we'd be in a better position now if the £23m had been spent on the team instead of going into the Davies family pockets? I bloody well do.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Aug 23 2017, 13:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word inadvertently omitted)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum