Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Royal Wedding looms!

+13
scottjames30
okocha
Norpig
wessy
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
karlypants
gloswhite
rammywhite
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Sluffy
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 15:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Personally I couldn't give a fig about some bloke who is only famous because he's a minor Royal marrying some random woman who I'd never heard of previously but it's certainly going to be on the news and in the papers now for weeks to come.

Isn't it about time in this day and age for us to move on from this enforced servitude of the class divide from century's ago and let them get wed in private like the rest of 'normal' people do?

Are you going to be excited as to what sort of a dress she will be wearing or who the pageboys will be, or are you like me and wish the whole charade would be completely ignored by the toadying paparazzi and fawning world TV coverage and allow us not to be bothered about it in the slightest - as I expect most of us would prefer?

2Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 15:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It has to be better  then Brexit and the  never ending wrangle with the EU.

3Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 16:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not arsed about it. In a way I feel sorry for the lad because they are obliged to get married and produce heirs when with all that cash and kudos he could probably be the playboy of the western world if he wanted. 
She's been around the block a few times and is a bit simpering for my tastes, but she is quite fit. Still not as good as the buffet of babes he could easily have if it wasn't for having to maintain the public persona of "respectability".

Personally I'm not feeling "the enforced servitude of the class divide" in this case, but when all is said and done, it's a great worldwide marketing exercise for UK PLC and the Yanks and others will lap it up even if us Brits are underwhelmed.

4Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 16:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I honestly couldn't give a monkeys

5Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 17:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A special programme on BBC 1 tonight at 7.30 so you can get in the mood.

6Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 17:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're getting to be a cynical old sod, Sluffy, but there again, I'm fed up with it already.  Very Happy

7Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 17:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The royal engagement that is.

8Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 17:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a bit of a come down with Harry getting engaged to a second hand used bike. 

Let's hope it doesn't cost us taxpayers much in the charade! :pray::pray:

9Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 18:14

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

:drwho:

10Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 18:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It's a bit of a come down with Harry getting engaged to a second hand used bike. 

I don't post much these days,and I'm a Republican to boot.
But I have to say,KP,I find your comments distasteful.

11Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 18:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:It's a bit of a come down with Harry getting engaged to a second hand used bike. 

I'm sorry Bonce (or any others) if I have offended you with it but I simply can't stand the merry go round with the royal family.

12Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 18:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I quite like Harry. He's got a rough edge to him and is more a man of the people than a silver spoon type. He did his time in the army and he seemed to get on well with his fellow squaddies and came across as one of the lads.

13Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 18:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I'm sorry Bonce (or any others) if I have offended you with it but I simply can't stand the merry go round with the royal family.
Nor can I,KP,and I'm getting a lot of books and dvd's ready,so I can disappear into my bunker,because this is going to be wall to wall puke inducing.
But ''second hand used bike'?
I'm sure she's a very nice woman.

14Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 22:02

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:

Totally agree Bounce. Just because someone is divorced that should not label them. Not many families have a divorce free family that doesn't make someone a bike.

15Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 22:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

She needs a good few pies stuffed down her throat she looks annorexic he will cut himself on that.

16Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 22:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hey the guy's apologised give him a break !! i'm not offended KP i'm not the sensitive sort especially where that mob are concerned.

17Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Mon Nov 27 2017, 22:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Report to the Tower first thing to  morrow morning. Very Happy

18Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Tue Nov 28 2017, 08:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a massive Royalist but Harry has done well for himself there  Very Happy

19Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Tue Nov 28 2017, 10:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm finding the whole thing fascinating....the mix of backgrounds especially. It's always great to see true love, even adoration, reflected in the couple's eyes, such an uplifting change from the ugliness of the current state of the world. 

Meghan seems to be the exact opposite of KP's description, a genuine, articulate, loving, intelligent woman with a lot to offer. They each promote very worthy causes and should be congratulated for the way they conduct themselves. 

These younger royal couples are making the monarchy more relevant and worthwhile. Their status allows them to be heard, so reaching a worldwide audience for their laudable values and actions in a way that the rest of us cannot. Such a wonderful contrast to the grotesque role-models leading the world's nations currently.

Listen to them without cynicism for their privileged positions. They are making a difference, not sitting back idly. They bring joy and hope, as Diana did. 
Relish it!

20Another Royal Wedding looms! Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! Tue Nov 28 2017, 11:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum