You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Another Royal Wedding looms!

Another Royal Wedding looms!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

61Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Look at the causes and charities that the newly-weds support for the ultra-valuable benefit of so many. They and many of the people they invited to their wedding are examples to us all, especially to world leaders whose job it should be to make everyone's existence better.
 It is sad to see crass, ignorant, ugly responses.
 What have you done to make your life and that of others worthwhile the same way these two role-models have?

As I said earlier, I have no problem with the people involved, just the utter waste of money simply for two human beings to get married.

It's crass, and if you can't understand that then I suggest you leave your bubble and immerse yourself in the real world. People are living on the streets while two members of the royal family allegedly spend £50k on a cake. And bellends like you try to justify it because it's romantic and civilised.

62Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 18:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Look at the causes and charities that the newly-weds support for the ultra-valuable benefit of so many. They and many of the people they invited to their wedding are examples to us all, especially to world leaders whose job it should be to make everyone's existence better.
 It is sad to see crass, ignorant, ugly responses.
 What have you done to make your life and that of others worthwhile the same way these two role-models have?

None of your business what I have done

63Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 18:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Okocha,are you suggesting I'm crass?

64Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 18:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree with everything you have said Natasha. :clap: :clap: :clap:

65Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 18:59

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Nat, look at the bigger picture. The value of humanitarians' contributions to society massively outweighs the triviality of the comparatively tiny cost of a cake which I gather the royal family paid for.

Your example of the need for food banks is exactly what should not be necessary under a caring government. Instead, society depends on volunteers to act as the sticking plaster of the welfare state..... and these kindred spirits of Harry and Meghan are the ones who had their charitable work recognised today for the world, minus the grouches, to appreciate today.

66Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 19:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Nat, look at the bigger picture. The value of humanitarians' contributions to society massively outweighs the triviality of the comparatively tiny cost of a cake which I gather the royal family paid for.


The cake was just a tiny part of the wedding, as well you know.

And where do you think the royal family get their money?

A friend of mine has a disabled son, he used to go to respite one night a week to give his long suffering parents a break. It's recently been stopped due to a lack of funding. That "cake" could have kept the respite centre open another year or so.

That is why it's crass.

67Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 19:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I see she wore a table cloth for a dress! Very Happy

68Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 19:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nat, her dress cost £200k apparently! Shocked



Last edited by karlypants on Sat May 19 2018, 20:13; edited 1 time in total

69Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 19:42

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Nat, are you excusing the government for creating the need for charities? 

I seem to be getting it in the neck for promoting altruistic principles. I would have thought we'd all like to live in a better world and I applaud the people who strive to contribute when leaders of many of the world's countries will not. 

If you are really concerned about the apparent cost of today, do consider the absolutely gigantic boost to the billions generated by the tourist industry. It's also worth bearing in mind that this is a whole new generation of royals who go out of their way to follow Diana's example and work hard to care for others less privileged.

70Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 19:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Nat, her dress cost £20k apparently! Shocked 
At least Harry wore something. Hopefully, his days of cavorting naked in a bath full of of similarly naked women,are behind him. 
But let's not forget his father has some rather odd habits. Who can forget Tampax-Gate?
Charles has his own personal harpist. 
I've given mine the day off.

71Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 20:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Nat, are you excusing the government for creating the need for charities? 

I seem to be getting it in the neck for promoting altruistic principles. I would have thought we'd all like to live in a better world and I applaud the people who strive to contribute when leaders of many of the world's countries will not. 

If you are really concerned about the apparent cost of today, do consider the absolutely gigantic boost to the billions generated by the tourist industry. It's also worth bearing in mind that this is a whole new generation of royals who go out of their way to follow Diana's example and work hard to care for others less privileged.

You're making it about individuals. I think Harry & Meghan are brilliant. My problem is with the huge waste of money, that's all.

I'm not going to engage with you on this subject any longer. You're getting it in the neck because you're wrong. If you were struggling to put food on the table I'm sure you wouldn't be quite so glib.

72Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 20:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Nat, her dress cost £20k apparently! Shocked

I'm surprised, that's less than half a cake.

73Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 20:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Nat, her dress cost £20k apparently! Shocked

I'm surprised, that's less than half a cake.

Sorry that should have said £200k! Shocked

74Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I rest my case then. The world has gone mad.

75Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 20:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Christ,how much do they pay for their slippers?

76Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 20:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Christ,how much do they pay for their slippers?

I think it’s more of a question of what can they get away with price wise with the taxpayers! Very Happy

77Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 21:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Who made the mistake of inviting that looney yank preacher what a grandstander ::wtf::

78Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sat May 19 2018, 21:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:Who made the mistake of inviting that looney yank preacher what a grandstander ::wtf::
This guy might have caused a fuss.

79Another Royal Wedding looms! - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Royal Wedding looms! on Sun May 20 2018, 11:44

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nobody can accurately estimate the value to the UK economy of this wedding, but to cynics like me it does come across as a political move to endear ourselves to the world, and especially the Americans ahead of any potential trade deals.
It could also be a boost to tourism even though I can't see what they see in it personally.
Huge cost but it is after all a show that will produce some economic benefits for the UK even if they are not readily measurable.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum