Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a good use of public money?

+9
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iirc they even turned down the sites babysitting service.  Also the group of parents took it in turns to check on all their kids every half hour. These people as I recall were all in very well paid jobs and it seems odd to me that they were skimping to save a few quid.

I’ve got an idea of what Johnny is alluding to but I think with all the police involvement examining everything including their private lives that that line of thinking must be wrong.

As for being the perfect parent I’m certainly not. I remember the fear in my heart when once on a family shop to Tesco we all thought each other had an eye on the youngest and we lost her for the longest two minutes of my life. She had simply seen the toy aisle and wandered off to check it out.

So easily done.

As I’ve said on this thread and before I can fathom anyone leaving three Kids aged 3 and under alone, particularly in the circumstances they did.

Something doesn’t sit right with me but I’m sure if something was wrong the police would have been on top of it by now.

Sadly I think the worst for the child.

Hope I’m proved wrong.

62Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:05

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Ive not lorded it over anyone.  All parents on here have said they havent left their kids on their own.  That includes wessy and glos.  Yet they excuse the mccanns for doing it.  Again, wrong, but keep going.

I'm not excusing them, just saying they have paid a terrible price, the other families at the table didn't pay any price yet committed the same mistake.

Please Johnny "I keep my windows locked"? even in this country in a heatwave people open the bedroom window.
On holiday in a hot climate probably every one does.
you would not expect someone to be waiting to abduct a child. However it happened.

63Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:12

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wessy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Ive not lorded it over anyone.  All parents on here have said they havent left their kids on their own.  That includes wessy and glos.  Yet they excuse the mccanns for doing it.  Again, wrong, but keep going.

I'm not excusing them, just saying they have paid a terrible price, the other families at the table didn't pay any price yet committed the same mistake.

Please Johnny "I keep my windows locked"? even in this country in a heatwave people open the bedroom window.
you would not expect someone to be waiting to abduct a child. However it happened.

I do.  Sorry for the telling the truth.  But my windows are kept locked.  We have a few of those Dyson fans for when its hot.

Surely you can see the difference though of putting your kids to bed and staying in the same building compared to going into a seperate building 55 metres away.

64Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Going out,and leaving kids asleep isn't something I could easily do,and still have peace of mind.
As a kid I often woke up screaming for mum or dad.

"I want some water".
"I had a bad dream".
"I've got toothache'.
"There's a monster under the bed".

Some nights they got the lot. But guess what? Mum or dad were always there,looking in to calm my fears.
It's what parents do. Mostly.

65Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:"There's a monster under the bed".

You've known Breadman a long time then?

66Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wessy wrote:

I do.  Sorry for the telling the truth.  But my windows are kept locked.  We have a few of those Dyson fans for when its hot.

Surely you can see the difference though of putting your kids to bed and staying in the same building compared to going into a seperate building 55 metres away.
I have to say that I keep my sons bedroom window locked all year round as well as we have one of those escape windows that opens out on to our extension below.

He likes to climb up from the bed onto the window sil in a morning so am frightened he would fall out of it.

67Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:"There's a monster under the bed".

You've known Breadman a long time then?
He wouldn't fit under the bed.

68Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:33

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wessy wrote:

I have to say that I keep my sons bedroom window locked all year round as well as we have one of those escape windows that opens out on to our extension below.

He likes to climb up from the bed onto the window sil in a morning so am frightened he would fall out of it.
 careful kp.  Your close to lauding it over people

69Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:34

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:Going out,and leaving kids asleep isn't something I could easily do,and still have peace of mind.
As a kid I often woke up screaming for mum or dad.

"I want some water".
"I had a bad dream".
"I've got toothache'.
"There's a monster under the bed".

Some nights they got the lot. But guess what? Mum or dad were always there,looking in to calm my fears.
It's what parents do. Mostly.
:agree:

70Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't excuse the McCanns, in fact they made a very serious error by doing what they did. They've paid for it in the worst way possible. I accept some of what you say Johnny, but I don't think its as black and white.
Anyone remember the case of the little American girl, who her parents used to dress up like a glamourous celebrity, complete with gowns and make-up, and enter her into competitions.? She was stolen from her own bed, and her parents maintained that everything was locked up. Never has been resolved as far as I know.

71Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 17:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I have the greatest sympathy for this child and her parents, i cannot imagine a worse punishment than having to live with the mistake they made.
However they did not go out on the piss, they had a meal with friends on the complex the other families did the same but did not pay a price,  i am not saying that they should have had the meal away from the kids just simply that the price they have paid is way over the top for making that decision.

The bad guys are those that took her, the victim is Madeline, if  funds are available and investigations are incomplete then i say try to find this child, nothing would bring more pleasure than to see her return to her family, and shut all the cynics up.

For years in this country families left there kids at places like Pontin's and Butlin's while Mum and Dad really did go for a piss up, so i don't believe this i would never put my child in danger talk, ( i have never done the holiday camp childminding) for instance you take your eye off the ball and your kid can run off in a shop etc, do you get hounded for that? and if everyone is so good why did they have a lost children's caravan at every British holiday resort back in the day.

We all make mistakes thank god we don't all pay such an heavy price.

:like: :like:

72Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 18:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote: careful kp.  Your close to lauding it over people
Very Happy

73Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 18:26

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:
I don't excuse the McCanns, in fact they made a very serious error by doing what they did. They've paid for it in the worst way possible. I accept some of what you say Johnny, but I don't think its as black and white.
Anyone remember the case of the little American girl, who her parents used to dress up like a glamourous celebrity, complete with gowns and make-up, and enter her into competitions.? She was stolen from her own bed, and her parents maintained that everything was locked up. Never has been resolved as far as I know.
I agree its not black and white.  I think there are very possibly tens if not hundreds of unanswered questions.  I think body language and mannerisms in interviews have said a lot more than the actual spoken word.

74Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 19:02

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Where does David Cameron rank in your list of neglectful, failed parents to condemn? Leaving an 8 -year old behind in a pub takes some doing unless you're not giving the child a moment's thought..... Samantha equally to blame?

75Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 19:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sandy Denny left her baby daughter in a pub. But she was probably pissed.

76Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 20:14

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:
wessy wrote:

Fair play mate i am not having a pop at you just giving an opinion, only a fool would argue against keeping your kids safe, i applaud your application.

77Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 20:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Sandy Denny left her baby daughter in a pub. But she was probably pissed.

Sadly she came to a sad end dying after falling down the stairs at her home (probably pissed). Beautiful voice and she wrote some nice songs too.

78Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 20:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Sandy Denny left her baby daughter in a pub. But she was probably pissed.

Sadly she came to a sad end dying after falling down the stairs at her home (probably pissed). Beautiful voice and she wrote some nice songs too.
Never get tired of that voice.

79Is this a good use of public money? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this a good use of public money? Thu Mar 29 2018, 20:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Never get tired of that voice.

Me too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum