Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuck off coyle

+14
yesbutno
TheHateCamel
wanderlust
gloswhite
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
largehat
Sluffy
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
Horwich white
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Fuck off coyle Empty Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 07:31

Horwich white

Horwich white
David Ngog
David Ngog

The most clueless manager ever to have graced Bolton Wanderers .

Please Mr Davies save yours and our money and SACK the stupid inept prick.Twisted Evil

2Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 08:08

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is alarming that Gartside didn't sack him last season when we had lost something like 20 of our last 24 league games (either side of the summer). I read on his twitter page him telling people to get real and our poor form was because of injuries to the like of Lee, Holden, Mears, Ricketts, etc.

It is so blindingly obvious that the team is set up wrong, the wrong formation, the wrong players, the wrong tactics. I really don't believe the players are that bad, I believe the manager is. I mean come on, if we had Big Sam as manager yesterday, do you really think we would have lost? No way.

Coyle has to go, even if he does take us up he is not the man to take us forwards. He is inept.

3Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 08:30

Horwich white

Horwich white
David Ngog
David Ngog

There is only one way we are going with coyle the camel in charge and that is down.

4Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder how many people were saying this when we were in the FA cup semi and in the top 8.

answer - none.

5Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:56

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Wonder how many people were saying this when we were in the FA cup semi and in the top 8.

answer - none.

But what has our form been like since that infamous drubbing of a semi-final - we have NEVER recovered from it - or should I say Coyle hasn't learned from it and seems to be getting worse!

6Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 14:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Wonder how many people were saying this when we were in the FA cup semi and in the top 8.

answer - none.

Oh I don't know, I was even then stating my concern about what I perceived to be his lack of tactical ability and footballing savvy, even before then.

I remember being blasted by a particular couple of posters over on BA at the time about how I knew fuck all about football and Coyle.

Then again in never ceases to amaze me how people refuse to see what is in front of their own eyes - there are non so blind that can not see - and all that.

I think that more and more people are finally beginning to see at long last what as been there right in front of their noses for the last 18 months / 2 years.

Better late than never.

7Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You were moaning about Coyle when we were in the top 8 all season and in the semi-finals of the FA Cup, all achieved with zero budget and with Megson's squad? No wonder you are all over genuinely poor performances like flies on shit.

8Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

answer - none.

Oh I don't know, I was even then stating my concern about what I perceived to be his lack of tactical ability and footballing savvy, even before then.

I remember being blasted by a particular couple of posters over on BA at the time about how I knew fuck all about football and Coyle.

Then again in never ceases to amaze me how people refuse to see what is in front of their own eyes - there are non so blind that can not see - and all that.

I think that more and more people are finally beginning to see at long last what as been there right in front of their noses for the last 18 months / 2 years.

Better late than never.

Well fair enough if you were Sluffy, I do remember a couple of posts about concern at the end of that season where we fell away. But i don't recall any during such a terrific run.

My main point is that football fans are fickle, and no I'm not excluding myself from that, I'm just as bad oftentimes.

9Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:42

answer - none.

Think that's pretty irrelevant really, it was 18 months ago and things have declined rapidly.

4-4-2 worked great with a fully fit Holden in there. But that was 18 months ago and Coyle hasn't adapted the side in any way, he's insisted on playing 4-4-2 even though it's clearly not working. Mark Davies is one of our weakest players physically and he's being asked to do one of the most physically demanding jobs, madness.

Coyle's job is to put the best equipped side out to win each week, I'd say for 90% of the last 18 months I've seen the teamsheet and thought what the fuck are you doing? It's not good enough that he gets paid to make the exact same, obvious mistakes every week, I can't grasp why he expects the results to change if he doesn't do anything about it. Simple answer is he has no idea what to do.

10Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not really saying it's relavent tbh.

I've said before i would have sacked him at xmas last year, and I'm giving him 10 games this season (unless we lose the first 3 games)

I just think it's funny how he's gone from God to "scottish wanker" in such a short period.

11Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:53

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we will win on tuesday, and Im not expecting to see the same team, I reckon being properly booed for the first time will hit home to Coyle and he will change a few things. (although im fully expecting Knight to keep his place, unfortunately)

Sacking a manager after 3 games would be ridiculous though, 5 as a bare minimum, persoanlly Id say 10. But im hoping it won't come to that, maybe im delusional.

12Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 15:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But 3 defeats in a row and 2 home defeats would be, IMO, a disaster.

I don't think it will come to that though, i'd be stunned if we dont win at least one of these home games.

13Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:01

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

yeh it would be a disaster but its still only 3 games. But yeh id be stunned if we did as well, tbh im expecting 2 wins.

First game isn't enough to judge from (QPR - 0 Bolton - 4)

He better change that formation though!!

14Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 16:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Coyle's job is to put the best equipped side out to win each week, I'd say for 90% of the last 18 months I've seen the teamsheet and thought what the fuck are you doing? It's not good enough that he gets paid to make the exact same, obvious mistakes every week, I can't grasp why he expects the results to change if he doesn't do anything about it. Simple answer is he has no idea what to do.

I love this paragraph. Can I borrow it occasionally?

Ostensibly, Coyle not keeping us up last season was understandable - three broken legs, two of which were to key players, a net spend of below zero.
Nonetheless, he failed to shuffle things about in the right ways and at the right moments. Instead, he went with the same tried and tested failure line-ups and systems, that posed blatant problems. People that understood football knew we'd lost games before they'd begun.

15Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:04

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

answer - none.

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

In the 16 months since that Stoke game we have played 45 league games and we've lost 28 of them. You are making it sound like Coyle doesn't deserve the stick he gets. But its not just the 28 losses since then, its the performances, I have never seen us battered so badly in all the years as a Bolton fan. Its the same old formation game in game out when you know, I know, every fucker knows that its not working. We all know Kevin Davies is finished but Owen Coyle doesn't know that. Everyone in this whole world knows Martin Petrov is a waste of bloody space and never does anything - but Owen Coyle doesn't know.

There is absolutely nothing and I mean nothing - to suggest that Owen Coyle is a decent manager. He is absolutely inept.

The only positive thing I can say about Owen Coyle is that as a man he is a really good guy, he is a very nice person. He is the Frank Spencer of football - lovely chap, wouldn't harm a fly, but totally fucking useless.

16Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not ridiculous, it's true.

It might not mean much, but it was a comment on the fast changing, fickle nature of football, nothing more, nothing less.

17Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:16

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's not ridiculous, it's true.

It might not mean much, but it was a comment on the fast changing, fickle nature of football, nothing more, nothing less.

You just make it sound like we are too quick to judge. Last season Bolton and Blackburn fans wanted the manager out because things weren't working. Both clubs kept their manager and both were relegated. QPR and Sunderland both were struggling a lot, both changed their manager and both stayed up.

I think back to Middlesbrough a few seasons ago, all their fans wanted Southgate out but Steve Gibson was so loyal and kept faith with him. He took them down.

You may say football is fickle but would you keep playing a goalkeeper who keeps making mistakes and letting soft goals in? Would you keep faith with a striker who just cannot score a goal? Its not fickle to lose faith with someone who isn't performing, you have to do what is best for the club. Owen Coyle has been doing a shocking job for the last 16 months and its not fickle to say he should be gone, its a fact of the situation.

18Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we are a bit quick to judge after one game personally.

I'm not interested in last season anymore, i want to see how we do in this league.

If he can't get this team playing football then he should go, but according to most he was a genius before that semi-final so i hope he can have another Eureka moment.

19Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think we are a bit quick to judge after one game personally.

I'm not interested in last season anymore, i want to see how we do in this league.

If he can't get this team playing football then he should go, but according to most he was a genius before that semi-final so i hope he can have another Eureka moment.

It's a long time since I've read such bollocks.

You seem to be saying we shouldn't count last season when we judge Owen Coyle....are you out of your mind?

If your manager at work was a complete fool and spent 18 months fucking everything up, then went on holiday for a few weeks, would you forget the previous 18 months?

And you keep saying everyone thought Coyle was a genius before the Cup thrashing by Stoke, which isn't true. Some people thought he'd done a good job up until that point, but you can't keep living off past glories.

20Fuck off coyle Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All Coyle did in his first full season was get the best out of under-performers for a few months, and brought in Stuart Holden and eventually Daniel Sturridge. By December, the gas had run out - Kevin Davies went downhill after his England cap, Elmander lost his edge, Muamba wasn't as effective. By the time Holden had got injured, there was no spark left and we were relying on Sturridge to produce. I genuinely believe we'd have gone down had we not signed him.

I remember a few people alluding to the fact that our healthy league position wouldn't be sustainable if Coyle didn't have more imagination in terms of his approach, but the majority believed him to be above criticism.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum