Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuck off coyle

+14
yesbutno
TheHateCamel
wanderlust
gloswhite
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
largehat
Sluffy
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
Horwich white
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i don't remember many complaints.

It's sort of like Torres going through the patch of form he did. Should Chelsea have sacked him (sold him) for a year of horrific form or continued to stick with him.

He looked damn good to me today.

And i don't mean lets all forget all the failings of last season, I'm just saying is there really much more we can glean from whining and crying about it? If there is please continue to do it, but IMO i just find it boring. I want to see what he's going to do this season personally. And if he can't produce then he'll be sacked simple.

I'm just not sure whats gained from calling coyle a "fanny" and a "cocksucker" and a "scottish wanker" on a forum.

22Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 19:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm just not sure whats gained from calling coyle a "fanny" and a "cocksucker" and a "scottish wanker" on a forum.

Forums are for people to vent. Amazed you don't understand that after 3000 posts in 6 months.

23Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:02

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I am going to start a Coyle fan club, £2 to join who is with me.

24Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Forums are for people to vent. Amazed you don't understand that after 3000 posts in 6 months.

I'm not sure they're only for people to "vent"

25Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The problem with not deciding after one game is ignoring the fact that this season has continued in the same vein as the last, even with new players. The constant is the manager and his planning. Hopefully we will meet a few teams that have off days or are physically incapable of beating us. Coyle seems to have forgotten that the Championship , or any other league, is a competition. The long-term targets should also be taken into account, and this means blooding new and young players, and changing formations and tactics to suit. Unfortunately, his moronic team choices, and unsurprising formations, seem to ignore this need, because he seems to be hell-bent on succeeding with old and out-of-form players that he seems incapable of dropping, presumably for either personal reasons, or the inability to assess what is required to win a game. I often wonder if he has actually studied the other team's way of play, tact;ics, or even their players. It doesn't look like it.

26Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Wonder how many people were saying this when we were in the FA cup semi and in the top 8.

answer - none.

Think that's pretty irrelevant really, it was 18 months ago and things have declined rapidly.

4-4-2 worked great with a fully fit Holden in there. But that was 18 months ago and Coyle hasn't adapted the side in any way, he's insisted on playing 4-4-2 even though it's clearly not working. Mark Davies is one of our weakest players physically and he's being asked to do one of the most physically demanding jobs, madness.

Coyle's job is to put the best equipped side out to win each week, I'd say for 90% of the last 18 months I've seen the teamsheet and thought what the fuck are you doing? It's not good enough that he gets paid to make the exact same, obvious mistakes every week, I can't grasp why he expects the results to change if he doesn't do anything about it. Simple answer is he has no idea what to do.

Agreed. The tactics have to adapt to the players available. BUt we have no midfield ballwinners left and Sanchez didn't sign. He has to play Vela IMO.

27Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:47

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Michael Bolton wrote:

You just make it sound like we are too quick to judge. Last season Bolton and Blackburn fans wanted the manager out because things weren't working. Both clubs kept their manager and both were relegated. QPR and Sunderland both were struggling a lot, both changed their manager and both stayed up.

Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes would never come to Bolton.

28Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 20:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe we should honour the players with something like this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

29Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Hughes? I'm not enjoying being a Wanderers fan today, but it could be worse. Our manager could have spent a fortune in the closed season and then we could have lost 5 nil at home on the first day - now that would have really upset me.

30Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:09

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Horwich white wrote:There is only one way we are going with coyle the camel in charge and that is down.

Oi! Watch it with the camel thing!

31Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:12

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think we are a bit quick to judge after one game personally.

I'm not interested in last season anymore, i want to see how we do in this league.

If he can't get this team playing football then he should go, but according to most he was a genius before that semi-final so i hope he can have another Eureka moment.

Hipster thinks we are 'a bit quick to judge'. I disagree. In my opinion Coyle has had more time than any manager I can think of.

Hip says he is not interested in last season. Well he/she may not be but any sensible person would be. A whole season cannot just be wiped away as if it hadn't happened.

Hip also says that most people thought that he (Coyle) was a genius before the semi. A very presumptuous remark if I may say. Bolton fans wanted, and still do, a manager that would bring stability and a reasonable place in the PL, Coyle was thought to be that man and received the full backing of the faithful.

The result against Burnley was not just a 'blip' but was all to characteristic of the manager's modus operandi.

32Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not saying wipe it away. It's in the history books isn't it.

I'm saying for the purposes of discussion I'm not sure there's much more we can bleed out of the analysis of Coyles obvious failings last season.

Thats what i mean by I don't care, i'm over it. I want to see what happens this season. If coyle continues in the same vein he'll be sacked, simple.

and i've read the forums, 90% of people were part of the Coyle love in, I know it's embarrassing to admit now but thats the way it is, I was amongst it, i thought he had us on the path to being back in the top 10 of the PL again but hey ho.

33Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is it embarrassing that people backed Coyle before the cup semi final?

Coyle's league record at the point of the cup final was:

Played 53, won 17, drew 13, lost 23. Points = 64, av points per game = 1.20. It was nothing flash but we were doing a lot better than under Megson.

The alarming thing is that since then Coyle is averaging 0.88 points per game since then. Is 0.88 points per game over the last 16 months good enough?

34Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:31

Michael Bolton wrote:Is it embarrassing that people backed Coyle before the cup semi final?

Played 53, won 17, drew 13, lost 23. Points = 64, av points per game = 1.20. It was nothing flash but we were doing a lot better than under Megson.

The alarming thing is that since then Coyle is averaging 0.88 points per game since then. Is 0.88 points per game over the last 16 months good enough?

Course it's not good enough, but Coyle was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Everything about the club was negative with Megson in charge, that added to the Saint Owen feeling.

35Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Is it embarrassing that people backed Coyle before the cup semi final?

Did someone buy you a calculator this morning?

36Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Did someone buy you a calculator this morning?

haha, no, I used the one on the computer.

37Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not saying wipe it away. It's in the history books isn't it.

I'm saying for the purposes of discussion I'm not sure there's much more we can bleed out of the analysis of Coyles obvious failings last season.

Thats what i mean by I don't care, i'm over it. I want to see what happens this season. If coyle continues in the same vein he'll be sacked, simple.

and i've read the forums, 90% of people were part of the Coyle love in, I know it's embarrassing to admit now but thats the way it is, I was amongst it, i thought he had us on the path to being back in the top 10 of the PL again but hey ho.

History is consigned to the books but there is also another saying that History should not be repeated. One can look back to just after that damning semi-final and not one lesson has been learned and mistakes are happening every day - the same mistakes - yes we do get lucky every now and again and it is only every now and again, but, unfortunately, the past is the present and the future at this moment in time.

38Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Maybe he is learning. I don't recall any 'positives' being mentioned. If he did, then I've become blind to them, along with all the other fixed and predic table comments he comes up with.

39Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

yesbutno wrote:

The result against Burnley was not just a 'blip' but was all to characteristic of the manager's modus operandi.

I'd just like to point out the big stink 'yesbutno' made about me using a term 'desiderata' which has Latin origins, about a month ago.

I was described as "pretentious" for using this phrase in one of his/her 'hit and run' posts. You know, where he/she slates someone and then fucks off from the forum for a week and ignores any responses. Like this one.

40Fuck off coyle - Page 2 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, I haven't been on here for a while, for various reasons, but its good to see some things don't change, with your running battles being one of them. Very Happy If you reply, and don't get an answer, its because I've buggered off to bed. G'night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum