Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuck off coyle

+14
yesbutno
TheHateCamel
wanderlust
gloswhite
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Lofty_Love
largehat
Sluffy
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
Horwich white
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:12

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think we are a bit quick to judge after one game personally.

I'm not interested in last season anymore, i want to see how we do in this league.

If he can't get this team playing football then he should go, but according to most he was a genius before that semi-final so i hope he can have another Eureka moment.

Hipster thinks we are 'a bit quick to judge'. I disagree. In my opinion Coyle has had more time than any manager I can think of.

Hip says he is not interested in last season. Well he/she may not be but any sensible person would be. A whole season cannot just be wiped away as if it hadn't happened.

Hip also says that most people thought that he (Coyle) was a genius before the semi. A very presumptuous remark if I may say. Bolton fans wanted, and still do, a manager that would bring stability and a reasonable place in the PL, Coyle was thought to be that man and received the full backing of the faithful.

The result against Burnley was not just a 'blip' but was all to characteristic of the manager's modus operandi.

32Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not saying wipe it away. It's in the history books isn't it.

I'm saying for the purposes of discussion I'm not sure there's much more we can bleed out of the analysis of Coyles obvious failings last season.

Thats what i mean by I don't care, i'm over it. I want to see what happens this season. If coyle continues in the same vein he'll be sacked, simple.

and i've read the forums, 90% of people were part of the Coyle love in, I know it's embarrassing to admit now but thats the way it is, I was amongst it, i thought he had us on the path to being back in the top 10 of the PL again but hey ho.

33Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:29

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is it embarrassing that people backed Coyle before the cup semi final?

Coyle's league record at the point of the cup final was:

Played 53, won 17, drew 13, lost 23. Points = 64, av points per game = 1.20. It was nothing flash but we were doing a lot better than under Megson.

The alarming thing is that since then Coyle is averaging 0.88 points per game since then. Is 0.88 points per game over the last 16 months good enough?

34Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 21:31

Michael Bolton wrote:Is it embarrassing that people backed Coyle before the cup semi final?

Played 53, won 17, drew 13, lost 23. Points = 64, av points per game = 1.20. It was nothing flash but we were doing a lot better than under Megson.

The alarming thing is that since then Coyle is averaging 0.88 points per game since then. Is 0.88 points per game over the last 16 months good enough?

Course it's not good enough, but Coyle was a breath of fresh air when he came in. Everything about the club was negative with Megson in charge, that added to the Saint Owen feeling.

35Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Is it embarrassing that people backed Coyle before the cup semi final?

Did someone buy you a calculator this morning?

36Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Did someone buy you a calculator this morning?

haha, no, I used the one on the computer.

37Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not saying wipe it away. It's in the history books isn't it.

I'm saying for the purposes of discussion I'm not sure there's much more we can bleed out of the analysis of Coyles obvious failings last season.

Thats what i mean by I don't care, i'm over it. I want to see what happens this season. If coyle continues in the same vein he'll be sacked, simple.

and i've read the forums, 90% of people were part of the Coyle love in, I know it's embarrassing to admit now but thats the way it is, I was amongst it, i thought he had us on the path to being back in the top 10 of the PL again but hey ho.

History is consigned to the books but there is also another saying that History should not be repeated. One can look back to just after that damning semi-final and not one lesson has been learned and mistakes are happening every day - the same mistakes - yes we do get lucky every now and again and it is only every now and again, but, unfortunately, the past is the present and the future at this moment in time.

38Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Maybe he is learning. I don't recall any 'positives' being mentioned. If he did, then I've become blind to them, along with all the other fixed and predic table comments he comes up with.

39Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

yesbutno wrote:

The result against Burnley was not just a 'blip' but was all to characteristic of the manager's modus operandi.

I'd just like to point out the big stink 'yesbutno' made about me using a term 'desiderata' which has Latin origins, about a month ago.

I was described as "pretentious" for using this phrase in one of his/her 'hit and run' posts. You know, where he/she slates someone and then fucks off from the forum for a week and ignores any responses. Like this one.

40Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

LH, I haven't been on here for a while, for various reasons, but its good to see some things don't change, with your running battles being one of them. Very Happy If you reply, and don't get an answer, its because I've buggered off to bed. G'night

41Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:24

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well largehat, I do see where you are coming from with giving Coyle games. This is the Championship and Coyle has a pretty good record in the Championship with Burnley. I do think we will win a lot of games this season even though Coyle does seem unconvincing. We are favourites to win the league, we have players who should stand out at this level. I can see us right up there after 10 games and if we are I am sure a lot of the negative opinion about Coyle will change and things will be a lot more positive. So it is crazy to talk about sacking Coyle after one game. But yesterday was disappointing and a lot of people blame Coyle for it.

I do think we will go up this season but the problem for me is that I don't think Coyle is up to the job in the Premiership.

42Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Sun Aug 19 2012, 22:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A fair post, Michael. Well said.

43Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 07:43

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

largehat wrote:
yesbutno wrote:

I'd just like to point out the big stink 'yesbutno' made about me using a term 'desiderata' which has Latin origins, about a month ago.

I was described as "pretentious" for using this phrase in one of his/her 'hit and run' posts. You know, where he/she slates someone and then fucks off from the forum for a week and ignores any responses. Like this one.

And your point is?

44Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:32

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Wonder how many people were saying this when we were in the FA cup semi and in the top 8.

answer - none.
I never wanted coyle in the first place,he was only ever going to take burnley down and i did not see what he had to warrant giving him the job.

45Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I never wanted coyle in the first place,he was only ever going to take burnley down and i did not see what he had to warrant giving him the job.

He wasn't Gary Megson.

46Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Wonder how many people were saying this when we were in the FA cup semi and in the top 8.

answer - none.
I never wanted coyle in the first place,he was only ever going to take burnley down and i did not see what he had to warrant giving him the job.

AD - who would you have taken instead?

however bad things are, the fans DO have to take some responsibility, 99% of us WANTED coyle - gartside delivered.

our bed is now made... we lie in it.

47Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:

You just make it sound like we are too quick to judge. Last season Bolton and Blackburn fans wanted the manager out because things weren't working. Both clubs kept their manager and both were relegated. QPR and Sunderland both were struggling a lot, both changed their manager and both stayed up.

Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes would never come to Bolton.
Hughes isn't excelling at QPR is he LH i dont think i would want him, ARRY,S at a loose end though and it would make a change from sandbanks.

48Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:51

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:Hughes isn't excelling at QPR is he LH i dont think i would want him, ARRY,S at a loose end though and it would make a change from sandbanks.

Hughes kept them up, which was his first objective. He's also in the top ten highest paid managers in the whole of European club football, and left Fulham because they weren't ambitious enough for him. He wouldn't come to Bolton IMO.

Same with Martin O'Neil. He's done his apprenticeship scrapping around with no money to spend.

You can include Harry in that analysis as far as I am concerned, AD. These are all managers who would expect to be given many, many millions of pounds to spend upon arrival. Probably even more than Megson got given, and they'd want even more in every transfer window. We would never match their ambitions.

49Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billy Davies will take over from Coyle, 100% guarantee this.

50Fuck off coyle - Page 3 Empty Re: Fuck off coyle Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Billy Davies will take over from Coyle, 100% guarantee this.

Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum