Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 50]

101Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVXqiNA2hJlMmGmaKYqs1wWEPK2QBRgNMG4YXA0w7vG3LFC3GaFQ

102Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Pig, I just love your sense of  humour  Very Happy

103Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm deadly serious  Very Happy

104Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Norpig wrote:Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVXqiNA2hJlMmGmaKYqs1wWEPK2QBRgNMG4YXA0w7vG3LFC3GaFQ
This picture, with his long arm, reminded me of Kenny Everett.  Smile

105Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:41

gloswhite wrote:I can see that you won't give anyone I suggest the benefit of the doubt, so maybe you could suggest an honest and upright politician who the country can rely on to take us forward ? 
It should be a lot easier for you, as most of the opposition have quite handily hidden behind the 6 tests, so saving themselves from having to actually say something constructive, factual, or even knowledgeable. A perfect example being Emily Thornbury. (As much use as tits on a bull).

Compare Emily thornberry’s response to Yemen or the latest Saudi crisis to anything said by Johnson or Hunt on the matter. Then tell me which politician is more use.

106Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I can see that you won't give anyone I suggest the benefit of the doubt, so maybe you could suggest an honest and upright politician who the country can rely on to take us forward ? 
It should be a lot easier for you, as most of the opposition have quite handily hidden behind the 6 tests, so saving themselves from having to actually say something constructive, factual, or even knowledgeable. A perfect example being Emily Thornbury. (As much use as tits on a bull).

Compare Emily thornberry’s response to Yemen or the latest Saudi crisis to anything said by Johnson or Hunt on the matter. Then tell me which politician is more use.
Yeah, and lets not forget her complete cock-up when she stood in for Jeremy in PMQ's, and her latest offering of leaving Bercow in post, whilst the rest of Parliament say he should be chucked out. I don't think she has ever had an original thought, but seems to be a good bet for backing up somebody else, as long as she can posture, make silly comments and pull faces, on TV.

107Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 17:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Benefit of the doubt? Do you not think the comments about Rees-Mogg made after your post are correct?

Personally I can't think of an honest and upright politician full stop. It seems a contradiction in terms to me.

On the other hand if you look at prominent individuals who supported remain you have for example Bear Grylls, JK Rowling, Hilary Mantel, Idris Elba and Sir Stephen Hawking amongst many others. Whereas scumbags like Arron Banks bankrolled the brexit campaign.

108Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 17:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:On the other hand if you look at prominent individuals who supported remain you have for example Bear Grylls, JK Rowling, Hilary Mantel, Idris Elba and Sir Stephen Hawking amongst many others.

Ha ha, that post made me chuckle. I hope you aren't serious.

109Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 17:50

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Yeah, and lets not forget her complete cock-up when she stood in for Jeremy in PMQ's, and her latest offering of leaving Bercow in post, whilst the rest of Parliament say he should be chucked out. I don't think she has ever had an original thought, but seems to be a good bet for backing up somebody else, as long as she can posture, make silly comments and pull faces, on TV.

What was her PMQs cock up? Think she’s normally got the better of her opposite number when I’ve seen her - more natural than Corbyn IMO.

110Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 20:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Seriously ?  Did you not see the time where she was standing in for Corbyn, and ended up getting two items mixed up, and had the whole Tory benches openly laughing at her, absolutely the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen in a long time. Sorry TROY, but to my mind she is a very shallow person, as well as being extremely vain. There is no way I would want her managing anything of real national importance. As for her current role, it just goes to show how Corbyn doesn't really believe that some of the shadow cabinet are likely to take over the real role, and I have no doubt, that if they do come to power, then there will be changes pretty damned quick.

111Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 20:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think she will be moved sideways pretty quickly.

112Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 22:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:I think she will be moved sideways pretty quickly.

I think you're right. Or maybe just wishful thinking on my part

113Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 00:17

gloswhite wrote:Seriously ?  Did you not see the time where she was standing in for Corbyn, and ended up getting two items mixed up, and had the whole Tory benches openly laughing at her, absolutely the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen in a long time. Sorry TROY, but to my mind she is a very shallow person, as well as being extremely vain. There is no way I would want her managing anything of real national importance. As for her current role, it just goes to show how Corbyn doesn't really believe that some of the shadow cabinet are likely to take over the real role, and I have no doubt, that if they do come to power, then there will be changes pretty damned quick.

I genuinely haven’t seen that, be interested to though if you can find it mate.

As for her role, shadow foreign secretary really is right up there in terms of prestige, so not sure what you’re getting at.

114Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 02:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All this talk about politicians when they aren't even the people who run the country. 
Fred Goodwin cost the tax payer over 1 TRILLION pounds. 
FFS wake up and smell the coffee.

115Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 09:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It's all gone even further down the drain this morning, with the PM back-pedaling from a 1 year extension, to 'just a few months', with the included costs of anything between 9 and 14 £billion.
I think its fair to say that we've hit a brick wall, and finally come to a halt, with regards to the negotiations, a wall that is about to fall down on her. What an awful mess. 
Even now the EU is sticking with its own demands, regardless of this impasse. I think we've lost so much face, that any future dealings with the EU will carry no weight or respect whatsoever, and the bureaucratic juggernaut will continue to roll on, to its own eventual demise.

116Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 09:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Seriously ?  Did you not see the time where she was standing in for Corbyn, and ended up getting two items mixed up, and had the whole Tory benches openly laughing at her, absolutely the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen in a long time. Sorry TROY, but to my mind she is a very shallow person, as well as being extremely vain. There is no way I would want her managing anything of real national importance. As for her current role, it just goes to show how Corbyn doesn't really believe that some of the shadow cabinet are likely to take over the real role, and I have no doubt, that if they do come to power, then there will be changes pretty damned quick.

I genuinely haven’t seen that, be interested to though if you can find it mate.

As for her role, shadow foreign secretary really is right up there in terms of prestige, so not sure what you’re getting at.
TROY, as you've seen on here, when it comes to manipulation of data, I'm completely inept, so all I know was that it was shown a month or so ago, (I think),  on the BBC Parliament channel, (and then the news).
Regards your second comment, I really can't remember her saying a single thing about foreign policy, other than attacking Boris.

117Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 09:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Troy, just looked at the Thornberry clip you put up, and I think the last part when she fell over her own words may well be the bit I remember, although as time has gone on I do remember it as being worse, or funnier, than it shows. Is this the only time she has been trusted to stand in for Corbyn I wonder ?
Looks like this is doomed to be one of those under the category of 'one of life's mysteries'

118Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 10:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Many in the shadow cabinet are third raters, due mainly to the fact that, when the membership took back control of the party, many of the old, experienced heads wet their pants, and flounced off to the back benches.

119Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 11:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True Bonce, and something a lot of people seem to have forgotten. However, it may well be these same people that are entrusted with running the country again. 
For me, its scarier than Wanderlust and Xmiles put together  Very Happy

120Brexit negotiations - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 18 2018, 11:31

boltonbonce wrote:Many in the shadow cabinet are third raters, due mainly to the fact that, when the membership took back control of the party, many of the old, experienced heads wet their pants, and flounced off to the back benches.

Don’t disagree with that, but I’m a fan of Thornberrry. She’s been forceful in her views on Saudi atrocities in yemen while Johnson then Hunt have pandered to them to keep the arms trade flowing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum