Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

801Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Feb 01 2019, 12:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit: EU agrees visa-free travel for UK citizens even after no-deal exit.

802Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Feb 01 2019, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Brexit: EU agrees visa-free travel for UK citizens even after no-deal exit.
...and as that has been reciprocated, freedom of movement is back on.

803Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Feb 01 2019, 12:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How will I live learn and love in Europe now for 12 days while studying art history.

I'm crushed

804Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Feb 01 2019, 14:29

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Brexit: EU agrees visa-free travel for UK citizens even after no-deal exit.

There is a big difference between Freedom of Movement and Visa Free Travel, as in one allows you to Work and Reside in another Country and the over allows you to visit that Country without being able to Work or Live there.

805Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Feb 01 2019, 17:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

806Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Feb 01 2019, 22:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

There is a big difference between Freedom of Movement and Visa Free Travel, as in one allows you to Work and Reside in another Country and the over allows you to visit that Country without being able to Work or Live there.
Spot on DK. Well put

807Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Feb 02 2019, 12:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Spot on DK. Well put
perhaps I should have said "back on the cards".

With this new arrangement, people can come here and apply for work and residency permits whilst they're here and if they don't get them, we'll just have to spend even more money on enforcing their departure - if we can find them which has proved a serious and incredibly expensive problem in the past.

The best estimate of "illegals" currently in the UK is over half a million and that number is only likely to increase with this new arrangement when EU citizens are added to the list.

808Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sun Feb 03 2019, 15:09

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Spot on DK. Well put
perhaps I should have said "back on the cards".

With this new arrangement, people can come here and apply for work and residency permits whilst they're here and if they don't get them, we'll just have to spend even more money on enforcing their departure - if we can find them which has proved a serious and incredibly expensive problem in the past.

The best estimate of "illegals" currently in the UK is over half a million and that number is only likely to increase with this new arrangement when EU citizens are added to the list.

Unless you are a multi millionaire there won't be much chance of getting a residency or work permit after Brexit if you are a foreigner. There are EU Citizens now who have been in the UK for more than ten years, worked all that time, one is even a Head Teacher and when they have applied for "settled" status they have been denied due to "insufficient evidence of contribution to UK society" or "missing data related to work" despite working uninterrupted all that time. This settled status thing is really causing problems. Many people have posted on various groups that they feel as if it is designed to get them to  just give up and leave the UK. Companies are being told to check the paperwork/passports of EU Citizens. I hope they put all the British Citizens on their lists, because the last I remembered we were also EU Citizens.

809Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Feb 04 2019, 19:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

More money wasted thanks to brexit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47124058

810Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 08:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

XM, did you see the program on the TV last night about 10 years of turmoil in Europe, trying to save the Euro, etc?  Fascinating , and quite an eye-opener. Merkel comes out of it as a single-minded bully, and really not a very nice person. It also shows how determined they are to get their way. Not easily manipulated by others (us), as some would like to think. It doesn't matter who takes us forward, its going to be an extremely difficult task.

811Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 10:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No I didn't. My opposition to brexit is not because I think the EU is perfect. It is far from perfect and has many problems but it still offers the UK many advantages. Currently we have a pretty good deal.

Leaving the EU will damage our economy. The only question is just how badly. Many of the people who will be affected (like the Nissan employees) voted brexit. I know posters on here will say they were not influenced by the lies of the brexit campaign but undoubtedly many did really believe that the NHS would get £350m and that Turkey was about to join the EU.

Given that the leave campaign was corrupt and never mentioned any details about what brexit actually meant I think it is now necessary to have another referendum to resolve matters.

812Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 11:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:XM, did you see the program on the TV last night about 10 years of turmoil in Europe, trying to save the Euro, etc?  Fascinating , and quite an eye-opener. Merkel comes out of it as a single-minded bully, and really not a very nice person. It also shows how determined they are to get their way. Not easily manipulated by others (us), as some would like to think. It doesn't matter who takes us forward, its going to be an extremely difficult task.
I did and I thought Merkel came out of it very well despite the spin, given that the whole point of the EU is to create a strong and unified trading and power block that is able to compete with (or moreover not get crushed by) the economic and military superpowers in the increasingly globalised future that is inevitable. The Euro makes every sense in that scenario and it is by no means easy to get it up and running, especially when there were previously 27 countries that had an emotional attachment to their old currencies, but to be fair they all manned up and accepted the inevitability of change in the end - apart from the UK which seems to think having a picture of the queen on the money is more important than progress and staying competitive in the future.

I can understand that this would be scoffed at by small-minded NIMBYs who are change averse even though the advances in communications, technology and transport have already happened and a dependency on global trade already exists. That view would certainly be adopted by those who were taken in by the corrupt Leave campaign as documented in the excellent and balanced fact-based drama documentary Brexit-the Uncivil War which can be seen here until tomorrow.

813Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 16:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good grief ! I ask a straight-forward question, and get a lecture from both Europhiles. 
But to go to your points Wander, yes, she was good, in what she did, and how she did it, but she didn't give a shit on who she stamped on to get where only she sometimes wanted to go. Fortunately, many of the more level-headed politicians managed to reign her in a bit. 
The next episode, which I believe will show the details about uncontrolled immigration, and where the EU couldn't cope again, should be good. Looking forward to it.

814Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 17:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: she was good, in what she did, and how she did it, but she didn't give a shit on who she stamped on to get where only she sometimes wanted to go. 

Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Thatcher_eating_someone

815Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Feb 05 2019, 17:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
gloswhite wrote: she was good, in what she did, and how she did it, but she didn't give a shit on who she stamped on to get where only she sometimes wanted to go. 

Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Thatcher_eating_someone

Laughing

816Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 07:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
The next episode, which I believe will show the details about uncontrolled immigration, and where the EU couldn't cope again, should be good. Looking forward to it.
So it's not likely that there will be an episode on the EU winning the 2012 Nobel Peace prize for "the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe" then?

Or leading the world in the clean up of ecological cock ups and improvements of air and water quality (including creating turd free beaches Very Happy )? 

Or contributing over 50% of the world's foreign aid?

Or their achievements in tackling discrimination on the basis of gender, race, age and disability?

Or providing unprecedented investment in propping up and turning around failing UK industries to provide jobs for millions of Brits?

I think we know where this is going....

817Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 08:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
So it's not likely that there will be an episode on the EU winning the 2012 Nobel Peace prize for "the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe" then?

Or leading the world in the clean up of ecological cock ups and improvements of air and water quality (including creating turd free beaches Very Happy )? 

Or their achievements in tackling discrimination on the basis of gender, race, age and disability?

Or providing unprecedented investment in propping up and turning around failing UK industries to provide jobs for millions of Brits?

Stop bothering glos with facts! He doesn't like being lectured.

818Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 09:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mods, do your job, time for xmiles to be confined to posting in the Film & TV thread.

819Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 09:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

Stop bothering glos with facts! He doesn't like being lectured.
That's not the point I was making X - nor am I trying to lecture Glos, whose opinion I respect even if we don't always agree. I was merely implying that the series does not necessarily present a balanced view of the EU - which pretty much reflects the British media over the last 30 years since they lost sight of the very reasons that swept us into Europe in the first place - and how bad Britain was beforehand. I just think that Britain has benefited hugely from EU membership and now that we have those benefits the media is taking them for granted and find it easier to pick faults in what is a work in progress than to remind the public of the benefits.

820Brexit negotiations - Page 41 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Feb 06 2019, 10:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Corbyns true colours revealed for everyone to see. 

And he makes some excellent points.

https://twitter.com/TheRedRoar/status/1092522416591519745?s=19

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum