Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+16
gloswhite
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Dunkels King
okocha
bwfc71
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 33]

511Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 11:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm flattered. Smile

512Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 11:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:Honestly glos I have no idea what is going to happen

I can't see May getting her deal through parliament at the fourth attempt so she stands down but as I understand it she will keep acting as prime minister until the Tories elect a new leader. This will take weeks or possibly even longer. In the meantime there is apparently no parliamentary majority for any course of action.

The completely pointless cross party talks have achieved nothing apart from wasting more time and are about to be abandoned.

I know you would like MPs to get on with "completing brexit" but May's deal is unacceptable to most MPs and a no deal brexit is even more unacceptable so I don't see how this will happen. A second referendum might help but at the moment there is no parliamentary majority for this either.

There is a good summary of what could happen next on the BBC site below but your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399
I agree May's deal is unacceptable, and I think she'll be shot down in flames as well. The way things are, all parties are in the doldrums, and the only indicator of a direction to go will be the European elections. However, as you state, most MP's want a no deal Brexit, but because nothing is happening, and all the politicians have argued themselves into a corner, many will be happy to accept the election results, as some sort of impetus/starting point, as it breaks the deadlock. 
This quiet period we've all enjoyed has highlighted the absolute havoc delays are causing our industries and investment. Added to that the recent report that not continuing with Brexit will now cause our trade serious damage.
I have never liked the second referendum idea, it shows the politicians have failed, and are passing the buck, and the public are so entrenched in their own camps now that the arguing will continue ad nauseum and though the numbers may change, nothing else will.

513Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 12:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm voting for the Brexit Party just to piss you off.
Some people just can't accept it can they! Laughing

514Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had the Brexit party leaflet come through my door the other day, it soon made it's way to my paper recycling bin as that's all it's good for.

515Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 13:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I had the Brexit party leaflet come through my door the other day, it soon made it's way to my paper recycling bin as that's all it's good for.
I will frame mine when I get back to the UK. Very Happy

516Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 13:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:Honestly glos I have no idea what is going to happen

I can't see May getting her deal through parliament at the fourth attempt so she stands down but as I understand it she will keep acting as prime minister until the Tories elect a new leader. This will take weeks or possibly even longer. In the meantime there is apparently no parliamentary majority for any course of action.

The completely pointless cross party talks have achieved nothing apart from wasting more time and are about to be abandoned.

I know you would like MPs to get on with "completing brexit" but May's deal is unacceptable to most MPs and a no deal brexit is even more unacceptable so I don't see how this will happen. A second referendum might help but at the moment there is no parliamentary majority for this either.

There is a good summary of what could happen next on the BBC site below but your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399
I agree May's deal is unacceptable, and I think she'll be shot down in flames as well. The way things are, all parties are in the doldrums, and the only indicator of a direction to go will be the European elections. However, as you state, most MP's want a no deal Brexit, but because nothing is happening, and all the politicians have argued themselves into a corner, many will be happy to accept the election results, as some sort of impetus/starting point, as it breaks the deadlock. 
This quiet period we've all enjoyed has highlighted the absolute havoc delays are causing our industries and investment. Added to that the recent report that not continuing with Brexit will now cause our trade serious damage.
I have never liked the second referendum idea, it shows the politicians have failed, and are passing the buck, and the public are so entrenched in their own camps now that the arguing will continue ad nauseum and though the numbers may change, nothing else will.

I think you mean most MPs don't want a no deal brexit glos. Smile

Where have you read that not continuing with brexit will cause our trade "serious damage"? That seems highly unlikely as nothing will change if we stay in the EU.

517Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're right  Very Happy

It was on the TV, and on the newsfeed I have. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what the circumstances are for this to be the case, but I know it wasn't good. I'll see if I can find it. (we'll have probably left by the time I do)

518Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know when Lusty's coming back? Or is he banned for life?

519Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Was he banned?

520Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He tried to register on Chorley Nuts, he lasted 10 minutes.

521Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lusty should be allowed back by now, whether he wants to come back is another story.

522Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 15:55

Banned for life I thought.

523Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where's our great and glorious leader to put us straight on this? It was only a temporary ban as far as i remember.

524Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably for the best just to prevent any further embarrassment.

525Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes because we can't have disagreements on a forum can we?

526Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course, but abuse is not necessary.

527Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

of course it is you Scottish wanker  Laughing

528Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:of course it is you Scottish wanker  Laughing

:banned: :banned: :banned:

Very Happy

529Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:of course it is you Scottish wanker  Laughing

Laughing

530Brexit negotiations - Page 27 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri May 17 2019, 16:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 33]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum