Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.

+15
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
okocha
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
sunlight
Buellix
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Who will you vote for.

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap45%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 45% [ 9 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap5%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap5%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap25%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 25% [ 5 ]
CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 13]

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Labour inexorably moving onto a second referendum. That's Labour, the Lib Dems, the Greens ,SNP, Plaid ,Sinn Fein the DUP, the UUP, Change and all the rest heading in that direction. The only ones going in the opposite direction are now the impotent, dysfunctional and utterly bereft Tories.
We're going to have a second referendum and undo the madness of leaving . Hooray!!!
Leavers, get over it -we're staying in the EU

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

rammywhite wrote:Labour inexorably moving onto a second referendum. That's Labour, the Lib Dems, the Greens ,SNP, Plaid ,Sinn Fein the DUP, the UUP, Change and all the rest heading in that direction. The only ones going in the opposite direction are now the impotent, dysfunctional and utterly bereft Tories.
We're going to have a second referendum and undo the madness of leaving . Hooray!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would a second poll be any different?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Oh dear ! Rammy, I had you down as a lot smarter than that  Smile There are many reasons why such a simplistic calculation may well be wrong. Its not just the Tories that have crumbled, but Labour as well. Each side is made up of both leavers and remainers, and the exact amount cannot be calculated enough to say what the outcome will be.
As for getting over it, that's applied to the remainers and their spoiling tactics since the Referendum.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why would a second poll be any different?

Because many Leavers have changed their mind to remain.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why would a second poll be any different?

Because people would know what they were voting for.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Labour inexorably moving onto a second referendum. That's Labour, the Lib Dems, the Greens ,SNP, Plaid ,Sinn Fein the DUP, the UUP, Change and all the rest heading in that direction. The only ones going in the opposite direction are now the impotent, dysfunctional and utterly bereft Tories.

Deary, deary me. :facepalm:

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Oh dear ! Rammy, I had you down as a lot smarter than that  Smile There are many reasons why such a simplistic calculation may well be wrong. Its not just the Tories that have crumbled, but Labour as well. Each side is made up of both leavers and remainers, and the exact amount cannot be calculated enough to say what the outcome will be.
As for getting over it, that's applied to the remainers and their spoiling tactics since the Referendum.

Nothing is certain but a 40.4/34.9 split is indicative of a majority in favour of staying in the EU. How the tory and labour voters would vote is hard to tell but if we do leave the EU I think another referendum on Scottish independence is likely. So Cameron has not only divided the country but also quite possibly broken the UK. Just to humour a few loonies in the tory party. Rolling Eyes

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Oh dear ! Rammy, I had you down as a lot smarter than that  Smile There are many reasons why such a simplistic calculation may well be wrong. Its not just the Tories that have crumbled, but Labour as well. Each side is made up of both leavers and remainers, and the exact amount cannot be calculated enough to say what the outcome will be.
Glos-it was partly tongue in cheek to stir up the leavers to a state of mild apoplexy!

But a second referendum is  becoming a real possibility given the fact that nothing will get through parliament now ( the session is almost up for the year), because of personal fiefdoms and political party opposition to whatever the others say. 
But above all we can't have a no-deal exit as that looks like the alternative that we are facing now.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

Deary, deary me. :facepalm:

KP
Please explain deary ,deary me in the context of the EU vote a couple of days ago!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Because people would know what they were voting for.

I think Leave would win again, by a bigger margin.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Vey much doubt it! But what do you and I know when we have brains like Hunt ,Gove, Thornberry.Farage and Kuennsberg telling us what we need to know

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

So you should be in favour of a second referendum then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:So you should be in favour of a second referendum then.

Why? We had vote and Leave won.

Are we now a nation that says best of 3?

Be honest, if Remain had narrowly won and there was talk of another referendum you'd be up in arms.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Be honest, if Remain had narrowly won and there was talk of another referendum you'd be up in arms.

And now we know a damn sight more than we did then. Its not like choosing whether you want your eggs fried or scrambled. Its a major decision affecting this country for  decades to come and also future generations. So its not the best out of 3 - its a confirmatory vote. Lets see if the citizenship, now with a much clearer idea if what is involved still wants to go ahead to leave. Its called democracy- finding out the will of the people.
If Remain had won and there was talk about another referendum I wouldn't be up in arms, I'd accept it.
The reason leavers are so petrified of going back to the people is because they have a real and justified fear that the leave decision will be overturned.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

In the first referendum we voted by a big margin to remain in the EU (67.2% in favour with a turnout of 64.0%) yet you have no problem with a second referendum reversing this decision. So what is the problem now? Your hero Farage certainly believed that a 52/48 decision was "unfinished business by a long way".

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:In the first referendum we voted by a big margin to remain in the EU (67.2% in favour with a turnout of 64.0%) yet you have no problem with a second referendum reversing this decision.

Oh dear, did you really just claim something people voted for 40-odd years ago should be set in stone?

That is your most desperate argument yet.

Why don't you just answer my original question.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:So its not the best out of 3 - its a confirmatory vote.

When, in the history of British politics, have we ever had a "confirmatory" vote?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAPITULATION: EU ELECTIONS ARE ON.  - Page 9 Img_2017

Hmmmm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum