Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

261How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 30 2020, 17:48

Wish this didn’t come across as ‘told you so’, impossible unfortunately. Boris has never displayed the leadership qualities that would suggest he was up to leading the country through normal times, never mind a crisis like this. He was elected because of partisan political views and nothing more.

What’s surprised me is just how incompetent his cabinet are, and the fact they are so desperate to retain the favour of the leadership they have made complete fools of themselves.

262How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat May 30 2020, 19:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm genuinely struggling to recall anything the government has done right in response to this crisis.

I remember when some were saying not to politicise the situation...It's a health crisis but it IS also a political crisis, and Boris/Cummings have made it more so.

263How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 31 2020, 15:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Wish this didn’t come across as ‘told you so’, impossible unfortunately. Boris has never displayed the leadership qualities that would suggest he was up to leading the country through normal times, never mind a crisis like this. He was elected because of partisan political views and nothing more.

What’s surprised me is just how incompetent his cabinet are, and the fact they are so desperate to retain the favour of the leadership they have made complete fools of themselves.
Gove's defence of Cummins was unbelievable. The rest of the cabinet seem like frightened rabbits.

264How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun May 31 2020, 16:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You expect the people that make up the cabinet to be of above average intelligence. Unfortunately too many of them have been the opposite.
Fully agree with this. Where have all the characters, and those able to make decisions, gone?

265How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It still seems crazy that with 100's still dying each day the Government still think this is the time to be relaxing the lockdown. Mark my words we will get a second wave coming and it will be all our fault and not the governments when it does happen.

266How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 15:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Actually, they way some people have been behaving, there's a bit of truth in what you say about the apportioning of blame.

267How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 16:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We can't stay in lockdown forever and who knows how long it will be before we are certain that it is safe to resume normal life. So I think it is reasonable to proceed gradually. If there is a second spike we can return to more restrictive measures. As I understand it there is little evidence of an increase in other countries that have relaxed their controls.

What does bother me is that we have a government that keeps lying to us. Track and trace here is a joke. The testing target of 100,000 is only being met on some days by double counting and including tests sent out and not returned. On other days it is not even being met.

268How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 17:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:What I will say is this easing of the lockdown is way too early.

It's just gone 4pm and already the locals are breaking out the BBQs, and it looks like there's enough food to feed every tosser in Preston. And it probably will.

I read yesterday we were still getting 7000-9000 new cases a day. I reckon there'll be 9000 new cases on my street by midnight.

How on earth can you ease lockdown when potentially 9,000 people are still getting it every day? I can see nothing but a second wave within a matter of weeks.

This is weak leadership in my opinion. The people don't need to be asked, they need to be told to fucking stay at home or go to prison.
Bloody hell it's happened i agree with Nat.!!!

One thing Prime Ministers all have is an eye for detail, they are usually one step ahead and look in control even if they are in a fix, step up Boris Johnson a chancer who everyone knows he doesn't do detail. That's why when the going gets tough he disappears, and that is why we are up shit creek.

269How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 17:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Bloody hell it's happened i agree with Nat.!!!

One thing Prime Ministers all have is an eye for detail, they are usually one step ahead and look in control even if they are in a fix, step up Boris Johnson a chancer who everyone knows he doesn't do detail. That's why when the going gets tough he disappears, and that is why we are up shit creek.
We should be playing chess with this virus. Boris is playing poker.

270How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 18:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Piers Morgan is an annoying loudmouth who rudely shouts others down, and I have rarely given him the time of day or agreed with him about anything.... but he is right about Cummings and Johnson, which puts him in line with the vast majority of the public in his condemnation of the pair of them.....  

A bit of a shock to find myself nodding as he tore them apart this morning!!

271How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 19:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boris needs to ejaculate his cummings... Embarassed Laughing

272How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jun 01 2020, 20:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
We should be playing chess with this virus. Boris is playing poker.
Spot on Bonce

273How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 09:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:We should be playing chess with this virus. Boris is playing poker.

Neatly summed up Bonce. 
I would also query whether he knows the rules of either.

274How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 11:11

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 EZcNANLXsAA8oUA?format=png&name=900x900

275How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 12:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 EZcNANLXsAA8oUA?format=png&name=900x900

Laughing

276How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 12:50

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

How can you trust a government that lies all the time?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52889103

277How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 13:19

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

278How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 14:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you actually read the article or just the headline?

279How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 14:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I can't speak for okocha but I definitely read the whole article I posted. I hope you did too but that's entirely up to you.

280How is the Tory government doing? - Page 14 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02 2020, 16:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267139284080918528

Nat, enjoy this wonderful imitation of your hero, by Rory Bremner.

Then scroll down to the 5th reply following the clip, to see the confirmation from Faisal Islam of what Sky reported re government doctoring of the figures which  I drew attention to in my previous post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum