Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 47 of 50]

921How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Sep 02 2020, 16:09

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Unknow21
A few moments of peace from Pablo.

922How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 04 2020, 19:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The appointment of Tony Abbott is yet another example of the government's complete lack of judgement and morality....the one time where a u-turn would have been wise!

923How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 06 2020, 18:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rashford slams MP's tweet about feeding children  (BBC Home Page)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-54047598

Is there any end to the lack of Tory empathy?

924How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 06 2020, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Rashford slams MP's tweet about feeding children  (BBC Home Page)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-54047598

Is there any end to the lack of Tory empathy?

I'm not a Tory but I've had dealings with those classed as deprived in the community over the years and it's not uncommon to see multiple expensive phones, the latest expensive toys - used to be Wii's Xboxes, PlayStation now it is motorised scooters, drones, hoverboards etc, TV's that cover half the wall, weed, ciggies and booze on show, and numerous tattoos and even cosmetic surgery, and lip fillers clearly visible.  The houses usually contain numerous pet animals as well.

Quite a few have little jobs on the side whilst claiming benefits, including single person council tax even though the dad/latest boyfriend is living their too and more often than not working.

For balance though the rich and good are not saints either.

It's a game that is played whereby as long as the state or someone is kind enough to help, and continues to do so, then people will take advantage.

I've no doubt Rashford means well and maybe did genuinely come from a deprived background but many who are classed as such now certainly have no incentive to get themselves out of it - why should they if it means someone else taking responsibility for feeding their kids will allow them to spend their money on a new tattoo or get their nails touched up again?

That's the world we live in.

925How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 06 2020, 22:49

What’s your solution then?

926How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 06 2020, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:What’s your solution then?

I don't have one.

It's not my problem and I don't worry about it.

I have taken seriously my responsibilities for my child - that's what it's about for me.  I love her and been happy. proud and privileged to give her a chance in life, and she's taken the opportunity to have gone to university and had a gap year traveling the world, so she's got qualifications and life experience behind her already.  I've been able to give her that start in life because I've worked hard, sacrificed and studied such as to have made a good career for myself.

How others choose to live their lives and deal with their kids is between them - and in these cases - the state.

Why anyone wouldn't want the best for their own children is incomprehensible to me - but unfortunately plenty don't seem to care too much about it.

927How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 07 2020, 09:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

It's not my problem and I don't worry about it.

No, this attitude is "the world we live in."

The difference between William Golding's views on mankind and John Steinbeck's.

Better still, watch All My Sons, by Henry Miller.

928How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 07 2020, 11:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Jesse Jackson said, 'Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up'.

929How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 07 2020, 12:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boris and co. plumb new depths of dishonesty and untrustworthyness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54025314

Which country would even contemplate deals with us when they would clearly not be worth the paper they're written on?

930How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 07 2020, 12:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:
Sluffy wrote:It's not my problem and I don't worry about it
No, this attitude is "the world we live in."

The difference between William Golding's views on mankind and John Steinbeck's.

Better still, watch All My Sons, by Henry Miller.

Haven't a clue what you are talking about.

My philosophy is that you look after your own first and then if you are able to, you help others who can then be in a position to be able to help themselves again.

I've learned through much personal experience that it is just a  waste of time and resources helping them who choose not to help themselves for whatever reasons.

And if you want a reference for my attitude then I give you Albert Einstein - "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result".

931How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 07 2020, 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Einstein was quite a guy.

'Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile'.

932How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 07 2020, 22:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Boris has decided that his “oven- ready“ Brexit deal 
- the one he got rid of Theresa May with
- the one that he denied scrutiny of by illegally proroguing parliament 
- the one he tricked the Queen into signing 
- the so far very, very, very expensive one

...is not fit for purpose?

Failure is becoming an art form.

But don’t worry - he’ll instruct the negotiators to be such twats that he’ll be able to blame the EU for walking away from the talks - when we end up with the No Deal we warned about 4 years ago.

#nevergettingbrexitdone

933How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 09:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Independent running a story today on the British Retail Consortiums projection for increases in food prices in January and it was interesting to see that although that they vary enormously eg only 12% increase for cucumbers but a whopping 48% increase for minced beef.

I’d assumed that no deal brexit price increases would be proportionately the same across the board but seems like they won’t be.

Realistically we can probably backfill the shortfall in fruit and veg production in the summer months (if we force jobseekers to pick it) but our dependency on imports will kick in during the winter months when we haven’t got the climate to produce our own.

934How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 11:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where is the game of brinkmanship going to get us? We are in real danger now of there being no deal at all which is probably what Boris and his cronies wanted all along.

935How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 11:23

The myth of Brexit has unravelled now, reality has caught up with the rhetoric.

We can't leave with a deal better than what we already had (which was by far the best deal out of all member states by the way) while still fulfilling the leave campaigns commitments on immigration, fishing and the courts.

As Boris can't deliver on those criteria his only option is to go for a no-deal and keep the hardliners happy. His strategy of government it is to survive day-to-day, so if that means short term glory for long term suffering he'll take it.

936How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 11:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:The myth of Brexit has unravelled now, reality has caught up with the rhetoric.

We can't leave with a deal better than what we already had (which was by far the best deal out of all member states by the way) while still fulfilling the leave campaigns commitments on immigration, fishing and the courts.

As Boris can't deliver on those criteria his only option is to go for a no-deal and keep the hardliners happy. His strategy of government it is to survive day-to-day, so if that means short term glory for long term suffering he'll take it.

Second rule of Politics.

It's easy to see how the game is played once you know the two rules!

937How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 11:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:The myth of Brexit has unravelled now, reality has caught up with the rhetoric.

Well I can’t see Boris or the super rich architects of Brexit suffering at all.

It’s the working class mugs who were conned into voting for it who are likely to take the pain - along with the young and the vulnerable.

And the old leavers are dying off anyway...

938How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 12:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:

Well I can’t see Boris or the super rich architects of Brexit suffering at all.

It’s the working class mugs who were conned into voting for it who are likely to take the pain - along with the young and the vulnerable.

And the old leavers are dying off anyway...

I not only find that extremely offensive and completely insensitive and disrespectful to posters you know on here (and their age and state of healthy) but also highly hypocritical coming from someone close to seventy yourself who voted FOR Brexit.

939How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 12:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Totally true and yet there are still plenty of people gullible enough to believe the lies Boris spouts. Rolling Eyes

940How is the Tory government doing? - Page 47 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Sep 08 2020, 13:30

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

`They` are saying that Brexit will turn into a cold war.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 47 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum