Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 50]

401Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Cheers KP and Johnny, he has a cough but is ok otherwise so it's unlikely to be the dreaded corona but we have to follow the guidance and self isolate. Going to be a long 2 weeks indoors!
Hope he's well soon. Time to hit the box sets. I've been reduced to UNO online.

402Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I've been reduced to UNO online.

Haven't you mentioned this before or am I going nuts? Very Happy

UNO is a great game to play with a group of people.

403Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My next door neighbour popped to the Range to buy some paint and they had none in stock. Staff said everyone has gone nuts on the stuff as everyone is now planning to do DIY if isolated etc.

404Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But at least Boris has lost his perennial smirk....

405Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry about your boy Norpig, but it's still very unlikely to be the virus. And even if it is, kids seem to get a very mild dose of it.

As for the panic buyers, the government needs to act now, not in 2 weeks when Fat Duncan down the road has half of Asda in his garage. Any food shortage will do far more damage than the virus.

406Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've been reduced to UNO online.

Haven't you mentioned this before or am I going nuts? Very Happy

UNO is a great game to play with a group of people.
Yes. It passes 10 minutes.
I've decide to challenge myself and watch some programmes I've never fancied, and up to now have given them a wide berth.
I'm starting with 'Vera'. Despite liking Brenda Blethyn, I've never seen more than a clip of it, so I don't know what to expect.

407Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sorry about your boy Norpig, but it's still very unlikely to be the virus. And even if it is, kids seem to get a very mild dose of it.

As for the panic buyers, the government needs to act now, not in 2 weeks when Fat Duncan down the road has half of Asda in his garage. Any food shortage will do far more damage than the virus.

When I was in Lidl last night, they had signs on the meat shelves that you could buy a maximum of 4 per item.

Still too much IMO.

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:44; edited 1 time in total

408Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:But at least Boris has lost his perennial smirk....

Incredible the amount of people who are using the situation to have a pop at the government.

They should be ashamed.

409Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Don't like the way it's being handled at all i want schools shut now.

410Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:But at least Boris has lost his perennial smirk....

Incredible the amount of people who are using the situation to have a pop at the government.

They should be ashamed.

Correct. Some people really are pathetic Nat.

411Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:When I was in Lidl last night, they had signs on the meat shelves that you could buy a maximum of 4 per item.

Still too much IMO.

Exactly, and who is policing it? This morning some twat had 4 bottles of handwash despite the 2 per person limit. The bint on the checkout let him put two transactions through.

412Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:When I was in Lidl last night, they had signs on the meat shelves that you could buy a maximum of 4 per item.

Still too much IMO.

Exactly, and who is policing it? This morning some twat had 4 bottles of handwash despite the 2 per person limit. The bint on the checkout let him put two transactions through.

It is quite simple to implement on their systems to reject items that have been scanned more than twice for example.

My feeling is they don't really want to do this as they are making a lot of money.

413Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Still too much IMO.

Soap and water is perfectly adequate. No need for this anti bacterial obsession.

414Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Still too much IMO.

Soap and water is perfectly adequate. No need for this anti bacterial obsession.

But everyone IS buying the normal bar soap too Bonce.

I was fuming when I saw a bloke with a full carton of Dove brand soap. There must have been 48 bars and the bloke on the checkout let him purchase them all.

Obviously none left now for others and bar soap does last a long time.

I nearly heckled him TBH.

415Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 14:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 26115040-8124137-image-a-22_1584531295472

416Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 15:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coughing onto your arm whilst buying every loo roll in sight - some people don't know their arse from their elbow Smile

417Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 15:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Oh dear, but very clever  Very Happy

418Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 16:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Well things have just changed in the Norpig household. My son was sent home from School this morning as he has a dry continuous cough. That means the whole family now has to self isolate for 14 days!

Sorry to hear your news but trust everything will be ok.

I'm sure it will.

Didn't they want you to work from home anyway!

Maybe work will fix up you allowing you to log into their system and help out in someway?

Helps to pass the time on a bit for you if they can I suppose.

419Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 16:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can access my emails but need a remote link to my work pc otherwise i'll be no use to anyone.

420Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 18 2020, 16:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Enjoy the break. I'm sure that if they, or you, find a way to help then you'll be on it in a flash. If all goes well it'll only for a couple of weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum