Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

501Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 21:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having given up newspapers, I'm now desperately in need of a newspaper. Such is life.

Might as well play a round on World Golf Tour. At least i can pretend I'm out in the fresh air.

502Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 22:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just phoned a very good friend of mine to no answer so phoned his brother tao make sure everything is ok to find out him, mum and dad have gone out to the pub to get pissed as it's the last night.

Absolutely ridiculous!

Does the booze matter so much t0 them?

503Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 22:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Just phoned a very good friend of mine to no answer so phoned his brother tao make sure everything is ok to find out him, mum and dad have gone out to the pub to get pissed as it's the last night.

Absolutely ridiculous!

Does the booze matter so much t0 them?
Just saw a report saying the next two weeks could see the UK in a worse position than Italy. People had better buck their ideas up, and stop putting the vulnerable at risk.

504Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 23:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody is taking this serious Bonce.

My friend had the attitude that he was fit and healthy so that was it. But what about everyone else?

Boris needs to make mergency laws where necesary to keep people in and isolate everyone.

It's the only option from seeing what is going on in Italy IMO.

505Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 23:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that I am rather concerned not just for my own health but for everyone else's.

This isn't going for away for a long time and it's very worrying!

506Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 23:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hard to believe the actions of some people KP. Same over the pond.

507Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 23:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Hard to believe the actions of some people KP. Same over the pond.

I'm speechless with that. Shocked

508Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 23:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:I hope Xmiles and everyone else managed to get enough supplies in today.

Clocked a woman walking past the house around lunch time today with a pack of Andrex which looked promising. Very Happy

I went to Sainsbury's early (7.15) and although it was crowded managed to get everything (even loo roll!) apart from pasta and paracetamol. So pretty happy with that.

Finished the day with a meal at our favourite restaurant and commiserated with the staff.

Being retired I have to admit I am far better off (luckier not richer) than many others and I have a lot of sympathy for those whose lives are being seriously messed up by this crisis.

509Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 20 2020, 23:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Hard to believe the actions of some people KP. Same over the pond.

Me too. America is such a different place.

510Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 00:07

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dont tell nat but I have a pack of 10 twirls........

From 1st case being reported to 2 weeks later we are three times worse off (more deaths and reported cases)  than Italy was.

They've now had over 4000 deaths, we will see more. It's scary.

511Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 00:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Jesus Sluffy just leave it will you? Just ignore Lusty's posts.
He can't resist it Norpig. It's just insecurity - sad really.

Last game of footie for a while tonight BTW. TBH I was surprised it was on but the sports club was open with Karate in the main hall so the pitches were open.
Big turnout and we played 9 a side in the first game, 7 a side in the second, but nobody went to the pub afterwards. There was some talk about the possibility of playing next week as the health minister encouraged outdoor activity during these times but on the way out the bloke said they were closing down for an indefinite period after tonight - unsurprisingly. With the gym closed I can see myself turning into a fat bastard over these next few weeks if I'm not careful.

512Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 01:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Me too. America is such a different place.
Not really if you look at our Government who are only creating policy when the overwhelming evidence gets too much.
Only just shut the London Underground and Norfolk is being inundated with Londoners heading up for Easter.
Cases in Norfolk have jumped from 0 to 17 in a matter of days.

39 more deaths nationally yesterday including a 27 year old, taking UK total to 177
Only 262 deaths in the USA so far and seeing as they have 5 times the population we have....

Beware of Londoners!

Last edited by wanderlust on Sat Mar 21 2020, 01:34; edited 1 time in total

513Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 01:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Nobody else find him a hypocritical, self-centred, constantly moaning, know-it-all, who thinks he's never wrong?

Because that's what he is.

Do you think the government is deliberately not doing the best for the people, or that folk won't help others to get through this - because that has what he's said on this thread.

Sorry but I'm just not having it and have called him out over it.
Makes me laugh when you defend your attacks on me by quoting the things that you imagine I'm actually saying, the things you imagine is going on in my head and the person you imagine I am.
Keep it coming because we all need a good laugh in these testing times.

514Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 08:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Nobody else find him a hypocritical, self-centred, constantly moaning, know-it-all, who thinks he's never wrong?

Because that's what he is.

Do you think the government is deliberately not doing the best for the people, or that folk won't help others to get through this - because that has what he's said on this thread.

Sorry but I'm just not having it and have called him out over it.
I just ignore him, Sluffy.

Sorry to have left you isolated but I thought I should tell you that a young friend of mine is offering prizes to anyone who can solve his 1960s Pop Virus Quiz.

Name the songs:

1. S........ .. ... Air
Thunderclap Newman

2. W. ..... ... ... .. T... .....
The Animals

3. G.. ....
The Beatles

4. T.. A.. .... I .......
The Hollies

5. W. ... W... .. O..
The Beatles

6. Y.. .... M. ....... O.
The Supremes

7. I .... F...
The Beatles

8. I ... A.....
Beach Boys

9. H... .. T....
Dave Dee, Dozey, Beaky, Mick & Titch

10. I  W... .. H... .... H...
The Beatles

Not my era really. I'm pre-Beatlemania and all that but I think I can guess most of them.
I'm guessing Boncey might know em all.

The Prizes:

Second Prize: Holiday for 2 in Italy plus first class flights with Flybe

First Prize: 2 toilet rolls

515Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 09:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I have to say that I am rather concerned not just for my own health but for everyone else's.

KP, you need to get off social media, stop reading the news websites, stop doing a countdown of deaths, and just get on with life as best you can.

It's a virus. If you're fit and healthy the chances of you getting more than a bad cold are very, very low.

Don't live your life in fear.

516Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 11:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I have to say that I am rather concerned not just for my own health but for everyone else's.

KP, you need to get off social media, stop reading the news websites, stop doing a countdown of deaths, and just get on with life as best you can.

It's a virus. If you're fit and healthy the chances of you getting more than a bad cold are very, very low.

Well said Natasha.

I agree but unfortunately a few of us are either in the at risk groups or who have family or friends who are and I guess a lot of the fear and worry we have are more for our loved ones who are vulnerable, than for ourselves - I know that is the case for me.

517Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 11:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well our Tesco order arrived and thankfully the majority of it came which is a massive relief as we are only on day 4 of our self isolation. The only thing we are a little short of is milk but we can manage.

518Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 11:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just 5 out of 10 for me!

Use the spoiler icon to hide your answers - click on here to see them:

519Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 13:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Well said Natasha.

I agree but unfortunately a few of us are either in the at risk groups or who have family or friends who are and I guess a lot of the fear and worry we have are more for our loved ones who are vulnerable, than for ourselves - I know that is the case for me.

Two good posts there.

Let's have some appropriate music...

520Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 21 2020, 18:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Sign in a burger bar in Warrington.
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 26 11173069

I may end up swapping a couple of burgers for toilet rolls as we now have 10 rolls left and still haven't seen any in store.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum