Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 23]

301Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Sun Aug 30 2020, 23:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

302Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Aug 31 2020, 00:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Article that echoes what I've been saying in a few posts in the last day or so -

Coronavirus: Is it time to move on and get back to normal life?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53951764

303Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Aug 31 2020, 17:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Another 40 new cases reported for Bolton today!

Something has happened?

Gossip says lots tested positive from the Bottom Bull up Breightmet - don't know how true that is though but I think it's going to be something like that rather than the 'friends and family' transmissions associated with the Asian community flare ups.

Usually in cases such as workplaces/pubs, the spike rises very quickly, then comes down quickly too, hopefully we will see the same here to?

304Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Aug 31 2020, 20:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Probably one infected person walking into a bar - and infecting the bar.

305Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Mon Aug 31 2020, 23:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
One for Wanderlust - don't know how near this is to you but I flag it up just so you are aware, if you don't already know about it already -

306Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 16:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This Greater Manchester lockdown is a joke! As of tomorrow Stockport is not included in the restrictions and i live about 10 minutes walk from the border so i could walk past the McVities factory and be out of lockdown but then come back the other way and be back in it!

Crazy to have certain areas like Stockport, Trafford and Bolton have less restrictions while the rest of the area are still under lockdown. How can that be managed properly?

307Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 16:31

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:This Greater Manchester lockdown is a joke! As of tomorrow Stockport is not included in the restrictions and i live about 10 minutes walk from the border so i could walk past the McVities factory and be out of lockdown but then come back the other way and be back in it!

Crazy to have certain areas like Stockport, Trafford and Bolton have less restrictions while the rest of the area are still under lockdown. How can that be managed properly?
Plus ca change, Monsieur Cochon....

308Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 16:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Bolton had a further 32 positives today - can't see it being allowed to have a reduced level lockdown with these sorts of numbers.

309Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 17:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Sluffy wrote:Bolton had a further 32 positives today - can't see it being allowed to have a reduced level lockdown with these sorts of numbers.

Now in second place in the whole of England!!!

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Eg12U-MX0Acyy68?format=png&name=900x900

310Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 18:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Sluffy I'd like to see the rest of this table, do you have a link to it  please ?

311Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 18:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

312Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 21:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:Bolton had a further 32 positives today - can't see it being allowed to have a reduced level lockdown with these sorts of numbers.

Now in second place in the whole of England!!!

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Eg12U-MX0Acyy68?format=png&name=900x900

Shite! Not good! Shocked

313Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Bolton Council asking for reduced lockdown NOT to go ahead tomorrow

314Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Tue Sep 01 2020, 21:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not too bad here in Warrington, but we can't be complacent.

315Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 12:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Seems Bolton IS out of full lockdown despite being the current second worst authority in the country for new cases over the last seven days!!!!

Shocked

Lifting Greater Manchester lockdown 'illogical' as cases rise

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham has blasted the easing of coronavirus restrictions in parts of northern England as "completely illogical".

Measures were lifted overnight in Bolton, Stockport and Trafford despite concerns from some local councils.

Mr Burnham said it meant boroughs with rising cases were restriction-free but others with lower numbers were not.

The government said it was working closely with local authorities "in response to the changing situation".

Mr Burnham urged people in Bolton and Trafford to "continue to follow the guidance" not to have social gatherings at home.

"We find ourselves in a completely unsustainable position," he said.

Mr Burnham said the restrictions were "always hard to explain to the public but they're completely illogical now".

"Overnight we've had restrictions released from two boroughs where we've got a rising number of cases - in one case in the red zone - and neighbouring boroughs are still under restrictions but with much lower numbers of cases," he said.

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53995677

316Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 12:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Absolutely ridiculous that the restrictions have been lifted.

317Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 12:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They have just been out back in lockdown along with Trafford

318Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 12:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:They have just been out back in lockdown along with Trafford

" Exisiting coronavirus restrictions WILL remain in effect across Bolton after yet another government U-turn.

Confusion has surrounded the lifting of lockdown measures which was due today.

Health secretary Matt Hancock said: “Following a significant change in the level of infection rates over the last few days, a decision has been taken that Bolton and Trafford will now remain under existing restrictions."

319Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 13:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:

" Exisiting coronavirus restrictions WILL remain in effect across Bolton after yet another government U-turn.

Confusion has surrounded the lifting of lockdown measures which was due today.

Health secretary Matt Hancock said: “Following a significant change in the level of infection rates over the last few days, a decision has been taken that Bolton and Trafford will now remain under existing restrictions."

320Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 17:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Another 26 positives today.

If you look at the table below and look at the cases under Added 27th August, then tomorrow these will 'drop off' the seven day rolling average and tomorrows positive cases added to them - so if Pendle gets less than 20 (and their trend has been going down over the week) and we get more than 11 (and that's the lowest daily total we've had all week) there's a good chance we will be top of the league tomorrow!!!

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Eg7FkVJX0AIerQq?format=png&name=900x900

321Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Wed Sep 02 2020, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
FOR NORPIG'S ATTENTION -

Don't know if you've seen this but I thought you might be interested if you haven't -

Coronavirus: Cheap steroids save lives from severe Covid

The latest study brings together all clinical trials involving steroids on coronavirus patients around the world.
It confirms dexamethasone works and that another steroid, hydrocortisone, is equally effective.

The drugs are not thought to be helpful in the early stages of a coronavirus infection - when symptoms include a cough, fever or a sudden loss of taste or smell.
But as the disease develops, the immune system can go into overdrive, damaging the lungs and other organs.
It is this stage of Covid that steroids are thought to help with.

Much more here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53612397

322Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Sep 03 2020, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thanks Sluffy i was aware of Dexamethasone so it makes sense that Hydrocoortisone would work as well as they are similar drugs.

Got to start stocking up for the expected Winter panic soon  Shocked

323Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Thu Sep 03 2020, 22:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Top of the League!!!

(Not a good place to be though!).

A further 42 today (and so nearly out of lockdown too!!!)

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 EhAMXVKXgAEMX8a?format=png&name=900x900

324Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

325Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 13:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He must have been the one who went and spread it around the Bottom Bull pub.

326Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 14:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Good News -

Coronavirus case numbers 'remain unchanged' in England

The level of coronavirus among the community in England remains "unchanged" for the week to 25 August, the Office for National Statistics suggests.

Its latest survey of people in households estimates there were around 2,000 new cases of coronavirus per day.

This suggests that, despite outbreaks in some local areas, overall case numbers remain stable.

The ONS figures give one of the most accurate pictures of infections levels.

They are based on more than 151,000 swab tests collected from people at home, whether they have symptoms or not.

But there is always a margin for error in the figures because over the past six weeks of the study very few people have tested positive - just 71 from 68 households.

The figures also do not cover what is going on in hospitals or care homes, where infection rates are likely to be different.

However, they continue to paint a picture of a stable level of infections among private households in England.

The ONS estimates that 27,100 people in the community had the virus during that week from 19 to 25 August.

This is similar to the estimate for the previous week and several weeks before that

In Wales, during the week to 25 August, 1,400 people are estimated to have had Covid-19 - also unchanged from previous weeks.

A different kind of test - an antibody test, using blood samples - which looks for evidence of people having previously had the infection, has been carried out on 7,000 people as part of the ONS study.

Results suggest that around 6% of the population - or one in 17 people - have been infected with the coronavirus in the past.

This equates to 2.7 million people in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54025713

327Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 16:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
66 more positives for Bolton today.

Going to have to be a stricter lockdown if this rate continues.

Latest information up to 31st August showing Breightmet/Darcey Lever areas to be most effected (which does fit in with the rumour of non self isolation drinking in that area from people returning from Spain)

328Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 17:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
We crash through the 100 barrier and are nearly 30 in front of second place!

Almost certainly we will be going higher still tomorrow with just 16 cases dropping from the seven day average and replaced by God knows how many more new cases!

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 EhFR3yjX0AA2noh?format=png&name=900x900

329Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 21:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
How are hospital admisions now? I think it's still low which makes me think that the virus is potentially weaking itself now?

Then again, we could end up with a mix of strains with a lot of people still hell bent on having a holiday abroad!

330Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 11 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? on Fri Sep 04 2020, 23:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@karlypants wrote:How are hospital admisions now? I think it's still low which makes me think that the virus is potentially weaking itself now?

Then again, we could end up with a mix of strains with a lot of people still hell bent on having a holiday abroad!

To be honest I have a little difficulty following the hospital admissions stats because they don't seem to be updated daily like the rest of the stats are - or maybe I'm not understanding them correctly BUT it does seem from what I can gather that admissions are really LOW.

The stats showing today is that for the whole of the UK (the tables I have put up showing Bolton at the 'top' is just for England) is that there seemed to be just 124 admissions (from 1,940 new cases), that the total of people in hospital is just 743 (we've been having over 1,000 new cases every day for the last 21 days apart from just two occasions) and that just 76 people are on ventilators.

Now if you consider how few deaths there are and that those on the ventilators are going to be in hospital long term, it would seem to my way of thinking that not only are surprisingly few in hospital (compared to the daily numbers of new cases we have) and that roughly 100 admissions are being made daily, then it would seem to me that the average stay in hospital for those admitted must be around a week at most!

IF I'm reading things right then it seems to me that whilst cases are increasing in the community that the vast number of positives are being found in people with few or any symptoms (if the current new cases average was say for argument 1,000 per day and it's clearly above that figure) and say an average of 100 people are admitted each day - then 90% of the new cases don't lead to hospitalisation and those that do on average need it for less than a week.

All good news actually - unless of course you or your loved ones are in the minority who have been really poorly with it.

My thinking fwiw is that there's three types of people out there in the community - a largish number who don't really care and are catching the virus and spreading it around, a good chunk of people who are obeying by the rules, and a small percentage of vulnerable people who have gone into hibernation until all this is over.

The ones catching and spreading it, are the forty's and under, who by and large it is not harming but making 1 in 10 of them needing hospital treatment and that they usually are well enough to be discharged fairly soon thereafter.

Those playing by the rules don't catch it unless they are unlucky and the sick and vulnerable are keeping well out of it.

I further reason that until a vaccine/whatever is found, these three groups will continue to act in the same ways they are, until I guess some form of herd immunity is built up (presuming that can happen?) in the group that don't give a fuck, and when that point is reached new infections will start to go down, the ones playing by the rules will continue to do so - and eventually the virus 'goes away' until something happens to make it flare up again - but this time (and the times after) fewer and fewer people will catch it (assuming those that had previously have some resistance to it) and it slowly fades into the background of our daily lives.

The key factor for me is that as long as hospital admissions don't go silly, then in a sense it doesn't matter how many new cases there are as it isn't equating to people becoming seriously ill and dying from it (unless you are one of the unlucky ones!).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum