Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 48]

481Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 20 2020, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was probably that bastard Lineker again. He's into everything. Jimmy Carr's working him with his foot. Very Happy

482Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 20 2020, 14:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:It was probably that bastard Lineker again. He's into everything. Jimmy Carr's working him with his foot. Very Happy
Grow up Boncey. Its not at all funny if this is a scam. Neither is it funny if its genuine and that T&T simply don't bother to T&T over a weekend.

483Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 20 2020, 14:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Grow up Boncey. Its not at all funny if this is a scam. Neither is it funny if its genuine and that T&T simply don't bother to T&T over a weekend.
You really are a sanctimonious old git. I've no further time for you. We can ignore each other from now on. cheers

484Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 20 2020, 15:04

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Unknow24

He's even on Bolton Nuts now.

485Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 09:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can someone explain this to me? NHS guidance on isolation is that:
*if you test positive for covid
*if someone in your house has tested positive
*if T & T tell you to do so

....you have to isolate for 10 days.

But if you go abroad and have none of the above you have to isolate for a fortnight.

Is it a different disease abroad or is the government just being  xenophobic?

486Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 09:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
You really are a sanctimonious old git. I've no further time for you. We can ignore each other from now on. cheers
As one old git to another old git, I'll have to add 'ignored by Boncey' to my CV. See how far that gets me.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon Sep 21 2020, 11:20; edited 2 times in total

487Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 09:31

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Can someone explain this to me? NHS guidance on isolation is that:
*if you test positive for covid
*if someone in your house has tested positive
*if T & T tell you to do so

But if you go abroad and have none of the above you have to isolate for a fortnight.

Might I suggest you read what the guidance actually says. You could start here:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

488Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 10:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/
Cheers. Pedantry always appreciated.

As it happens I was reading the other NHS advice which says:

"If you have symptoms or have tested positive for coronavirus, you'll usually need to self-isolate for at least 10 days."

So I'll rephrase the question:

if you test positive for covid or have symptoms

Or is the advice unclear?

489Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 10:14

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hello anybody there? I'll ask again, how is xmiles a fake account.

490Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 10:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Cheers. Pedantry always appreciated.

As it happens I was reading the other NHS advice which says:

"If you have symptoms or have tested positive for coronavirus, you'll usually need to self-isolate for at least 10 days."

So I'll rephrase the question:

if you test positive for covid or have symptoms

Or is the advice unclear?

It's not hard to understand???

The symptoms only kick in after a number of days, so if you are showing symptoms or have already been tested for them, then that means you are already a number of days on - four days it is deemed to be.

If you come back from abroad you could have caught the virus at the last minute maybe on your way home to the airport say, so you aren't 'four days' on and need to go through the 14 days isolation to know for certain you are no longer contagious if you had caught it.

What I can't understand is why people go abroad KNOWING that there is a risk that the country they visit may be taking off the travel list at very short notice and would be REQUIRED to self isolate on their return - yet don't like to have to do so when precisely that turn of events happen?

They know the risks, are aware of the possibility but blame the government for the consequences of their own actions they knowingly took in the first place!

491Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 11:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Hello anybody there? I'll ask again, how is xmiles a fake account.
 Don't bother AD, i've given up asking as well  Rolling Eyes

492Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 11:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

The symptoms only kick in after a number of days, so if you are showing symptoms or have already been tested for them, then that means you are already a number of days on - four days it is deemed to be.

If you come back from abroad you could have caught the virus at the last minute maybe on your way home to the airport say, so you aren't 'four days' on and need to go through the 14 days isolation to know for certain you are no longer contagious if you had caught it.

What I can't understand is why people go abroad KNOWING that there is a risk that the country they visit may be taking off the travel list at very short notice and would be REQUIRED to self isolate on their return - yet don't like to have to do so when precisely that turn of events happen?

They know the risks, are aware of the possibility but blame the government for the consequences of their own actions they knowingly took in the first place!

Anything you don't want to understand is hard to understand, Sluffy

493Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Thank you for the fact-free "editorial opinion" diatribe which I'll ignore :rofl:  why are people who haven't left the UK and have tested positive are being given two conflicting bits of information in different sections of the same website?

As regards foreign travel you'd need a crystal ball to foretell where the government will choose to sanction next. I went to Portugal because I had to, the government had just given it the all clear and the area I was in has a similar rate to Norfolk. It's day 5 and I ain't coughing yet. 

Oh - hang on.......:sick:

494Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 12:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Once again the government wheels out Whitty & Vallance who speak well, but it's more of the same...wash your hands, social distance etc which they might as well have spoken in Japanese for all the good it will do.

The government need to get a grip TODAY. Ban alcohol outside the home, make masks mandatory everywhere outside the home, and make an example of the twats who think they can do what they want.

It's not fucking rocket science is it.

495Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 12:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thank you for the fact-free "editorial opinion" diatribe which I'll ignore :rofl:  why are people who haven't left the UK and have tested positive are being given two conflicting bits of information in different sections of the same website?

As regards foreign travel you'd need a crystal ball to foretell where the government will choose to sanction next. I went to Portugal because I had to, the government had just given it the all clear and the area I was in has a similar rate to Norfolk. It's day 5 and I ain't coughing yet. 

Oh - hang on.......:sick:

1 - I answered the question you asked fully and with facts - not my problem if you don't want to accept that.

2 - Portugal was already added to Scotland's and Wales quarantine list on the 3rd September - I even went out of my way to let you know that...

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Marginally shy of 40 degrees today in Braga -we literally went into the cathedral for sanctuary from the sun, missus needs her sunshine fix and it’s beautiful

You might want to keep an eye on this, just in case!

People arriving in Wales and Scotland from Portugal must now self-isolate for 14 days, but the rules covering England and Northern Ireland are unchanged.

The difference between the nations has been criticised as confusing.

The rules for Wales apply from 04:00 BST on Friday, while in Scotland they begin 24 hours later on Saturday.

Cases in Portugal have risen in the past week beyond the threshold at which ministers generally consider imposing 14-day mandatory self-isolation.

The Department for Transport said decisions around adding or removing countries from the quarantine list "take into account a range of factors" - including how many people are being tested.

"Portugal has drastically increased its testing capacity, as well as taking measures to control the spread of the virus," said a spokesperson, adding it would closely monitor the situation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54010419

...you were also quite vocal on here slamming the government when they brought in urgent and expedient measures against Spain and later on France, on two separate occasions BEFORE you even went to Portugal, so you must either be naive in the extreme to think such a scenario could not possibly happen again during a worldwide pandemic or your normal know it all self who can't admit to being wrong about anything.

Even after saying all this I certainly wouldn't wish illness on you and your wife following your stay in Portugal and I'm pretty certain that even you wouldn't flout quarantine and risk passing it on to others.

496Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 21 2020, 20:57

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The UK voted for everything on the cheap, and that is what the UK has got.

497Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Sep 22 2020, 13:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This story made me laugh and wonder what kind of idiots live in Bolton all at the same time  Very Happy

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18738419.welsh-anger-coachload-bolton-tourists-arrive-seaside-town-despite-local-lockdown/

498Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Sep 22 2020, 19:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ almighty, it's started already. Ocado booked up until October 4th. WTF is wrong with people?

499Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Sep 22 2020, 19:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Christ almighty, it's started already. Ocado booked up until October 4th. WTF is wrong with people?
Yep! Pictures in the paper today of people bulk buying bog roll again in Costco.

I can understand people bulk buying the first time as they didn’t know what to expect but not this time.

500Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 25 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Sep 22 2020, 19:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute bellends, hardly anything has changed with the announcement today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 36 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum