Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emma Barnett (Plus politics, and cricket on the BBC)

+4
wessy
sunlight
Cajunboy
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The peerless broadcaster and interviewer, Emma Barnett, is to be the new presenter of "Woman's Hour." Lucky female listeners! Will politicians dare to face her forensic questioning? She presents a lesson in how to do the job with intelligence and fluent articulacy.

Will beat the hell out of "Loose Women!", our stumbling MPs, and those abysmal commentators and interviewers on BBC's recent coverage of cricket.  

(By the way, great performances by the team in the current series against Australia. Such a contrast with England's soccer team against Iceland which was utterly passionless)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Emma Barnett. Proper journo.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the ladies commentating on the cricket are very good and know their stuff, Whats wrong with them?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Compare with those on Sky, Norpig, and the difference in standard is very clear. For example, Beeb ladies spent much of yesterday's interview with Jimmy Anderson mocking his clothes! Can you imagine the reaction if Beeb men had treated women with the same attitude?
The female commentators on Sky are infinitely more knwledgeable and good to listen to.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I turn the radio off whenever I hear Ms Barnett.

The BBC commentary was embarrassing, I had to turn over.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Compare with those on Sky, Norpig, and the difference in standard is very clear. For example, Beeb ladies spent much of yesterday's interview with Jimmy Anderson mocking his clothes! Can you imagine the reaction if Beeb men had treated women with the same attitude?
The female commentators on Sky are infinitely more knwledgeable and good to listen to.
 The female commentators are the same on Sky and the Beeb  Very Happy

And to be fair Jimmy did look a right tit in that gear!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

For me Emma Barnett is by far the best political interviewer presently broadcasting, she as the skill and guille to reduce senior politicians into sounding like absolute numpties, im a regular listerner and feel her talents are wasted going over to womens hour, in saying that i am not qualified to comment seeing i have never listened to womans hour, i know she is a strong femminist so can see the logic in the move but 5 live will be at a loss without her. 

They have just had a series of stand in's covering her holidays and it was so apperent that she was not in the chair.

Cricket i know sod all about, however i struggle to get excited by any sport that stop to have a cake and a brew during a game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Cricket i know sod all about, however i struggle to get excited by any sport that stop to have a cake and a brew during a game.

Well you won't like the football if we ever get back in the ground - 3 stoppages for a brew and cake.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:Cricket i know sod all about, however i struggle to get excited by any sport that stop to have a cake and a brew during a game.

Well you won't like the football if we ever get back in the ground - 3 stoppages for a brew and cake.

They are back on the more traditional breaks...

Emma Barnett (Plus politics, and cricket on the BBC) John-smiths-ball-skills

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:The peerless broadcaster and interviewer, Emma Barnett, is to be the new presenter of "Woman's Hour." Lucky female listeners! Will politicians dare to face her forensic questioning? She presents a lesson in how to do the job with intelligence and fluent articulacy.

Will beat the hell out of "Loose Women!", our stumbling MPs, and those abysmal commentators and interviewers on BBC's recent coverage of cricket.  

(By the way, great performances by the team in the current series against Australia. Such a contrast with England's soccer team against Iceland which was utterly passionless)
 I listen to Emma most mornings although she has been off for a few weeks and she does an excellent job putting MPs to the sword.

Victoria Derbyshire did  a  great job before her too.

You don't have to be a woman to enjoy Woman's Hour, I often listen to it.

Katya Adler has stood in for Emma for the last three weeks and did a good job. I think she will  now have plenty to do  back in Europe reporting on the final stages of Brexit.

That should be fun!

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Id prefer Emma Bunton doing woman`s hour.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:
 The female commentators are the same on Sky and the Beeb  Very Happy

And to be fair Jimmy did look a right tit in that gear!
The Sky TV female commentator is Ebony Rainford Brent, gelling very well with respected, articulate brains, Michael Holding, Mike Atherton and Nasser Hussain. 

The BBC TV equivalent is Isa Guha indulging in a comedy sideshow with Mr. Michael Vanity Vaughan and oafish Phil Tuffnell, empty vessels all. Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Okocha -  Ebony was on the BBC yesterday as well, i watched it! The same commentators are on both channels, Isa Guha and Alison Mitchell work for both channels as well,

And you leave Isa alone i think she's lovely  I love you

Emma Barnett (Plus politics, and cricket on the BBC) Isa-Guha-The-Hundred

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You must be right. Norpig, if you saw them both.  Was Ebony doing commentary or analysis or both on the BBC?

I stuck with Sky where the main commentators struck just the right tone. Apt, knowledgeable, fluent contributions all round.

Pretty sure Isa didn't appear on Sky's coverage, though I know they have both had air-time on each channel in the past. I caught the BBC's on-field interviews after the game....excruciating!

Do you like any of the female commentators on other sports? The footy ones? Claire Balding? Gabby Logan?....she's even good on Would I Lie To You!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If they start wrapping jumpers around thier waist, and stop for bad light then i am out.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cajunboy wrote:
 I listen to Emma most mornings although she has been off for a few weeks and she does an excellent job putting MPs to the sword.

Victoria Derbyshire did  a  great job before her too.

You don't have to be a woman to enjoy Woman's Hour, I often listen to it.

Katya Adler has stood in for Emma for the last three weeks and did a good job. I think she will  now have plenty to do  back in Europe reporting on the final stages of Brexit.

That should be fun!
I didn't enjoy the week Katya Adler stood in, i found it boring, that rarely happens with Emma, however i think it was the subject matter rather than Katya.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not keen on Pansy Potter (Balding) but most of them are fine. If you know what you're talking about, gender is irrelevant.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Emma was named radio Broadcaster of the Year in 2018 by the Broadcasting Press Guild, and Broadcaster of the Year in 2017 by the Political Studies Association.

I think Woman's Hour now needs to change its name to something that reflects the times we live in, indicates clear diversity and has a more obviously wide appeal.

I still can't believe that the terrific BBC TV show featuring our brilliant local girl, Victoria Derbshire, is axed.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Emma Barnett (Plus politics, and cricket on the BBC) Bupnwpuyxmgdcizorzo7

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum