Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Broadcorping Castration

+10
Sluffy
wanderlust
Norpig
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
gloswhite
Angry Dad
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 20]

331British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It may be just me but you do stick up for nine bob way more than anyone else on here Sluffy and he seems to get far more leeway than the rest of us mere mortals.

332British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:It may be just me but you do stick up for nine bob way more than anyone else on here Sluffy and he seems to get far more leeway than the rest of us mere mortals.

I've already answered that earlier today - see post 317 on this thread.

333British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:18

Sluffy wrote:
Maybe if he had said something like ' I don't think you are understanding my point here', or 'no, it's not what you think' he would have got little if any reaction back but by simple saying 'don't be a blockhead' he seems to have upset half the forum instead!

Who's upset? I'm just telling you if he calls people idiots he can't expect not to have some back.

334British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Maybe if he had said something like ' I don't think you are understanding my point here', or 'no, it's not what you think' he would have got little if any reaction back but by simple saying 'don't be a blockhead' he seems to have upset half the forum instead!

Who's upset? I'm just telling you if he calls people idiots he can't expect not to have some back.

Well you seem to be on his case.

Yet you didn't seem to be on Wanderlust case when he was calling me a wanker and that I had all these multitude of mental health issue.

I don't actual think he's called anyone an idiot has he (perhaps I've missed it if he has) but even so that's far from the worst thing that ever on here and I would expect most people to laugh it off if he had.

As for blockhead...?

I mean 'blockhead' for God's sake...?

Is that such a grievous word to use to get people all wound up as they have???

Of course not.

He has knowledge in his profession, just like you have in yours and I have in mine.

If I told you that you were talking out of your arse on something you clearly knew you were right about you probably wouldn't take it so well.

You would just argue the point until the cows came home no doubt, I'd write a book on it giving facts and reference documents, Bob's way seems to gently mock people for not knowing what they are talking about.

Just a matter of different styles really, do you honestly think you are being personally abused by being called a blockhead, as I would put that in the same category as moonman, numpty, nutjob, nob head, etc, etc.

Is it really worth people getting so worked up over someone saying blockhead or beeno, Ageing Adolescents, or whatever else he may label things - it's just his way surely?

Storm in a teacup type thing isn't it?

Surely?

335British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:53

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Took me a long time to learn the ropes on here. It finally became clear that most of you are bonkers, and should be avoided at all costs in anything other than a forum environment.
I'd like to hear Bob's views on other stuff. Brexit, politics in general, slippers, books , TV, radio, food, drink, and uncle Tom Cobley and all.
He's under no obligation to tell us anything of course, but there's more to Bob than meets the eye. Wink
No, he's just a daft twat!

336British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 16:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Took me a long time to learn the ropes on here.

Must be your age Bonce. :biggrin:

337British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

When trying to make friends do you always call people 'blockheads' and belittle them when they don't share you views?

Come off it Little Miss Innocent. You've been hostile from day one.

In all fairness Ten Bob, Natasha is just the forum bike.

I wouldn't worry about her. Very Happy

338British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:the twix loving 'gender bender'

How many years have you been following my work.....it's a fooking TWIRL.

What's it matter as long as you enjoy it with your Ribena?

I'm surprised you haven't had one of Natasha's famous death threats yet as it's Vimto she loves and you have got that one wrong too! Razz

339British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I may have to challenge you to a duel. Slippers at 30 paces. Wink

340British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:09

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Please leave Natasha alone she is at a very difficult age for a woman.

341British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 17:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I may have to challenge you to a duel. Slippers at 30 paces. Wink

Very Happy

342British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 18:30

Sluffy wrote:

Well you seem to be on his case.

Yet you didn't seem to be on Wanderlust case when he was calling me a wanker and that I had all these multitude of mental health issue.

I don't actual think he's called anyone an idiot has he (perhaps I've missed it if he has) but even so that's far from the worst thing that ever on here and I would expect most people to laugh it off if he had.

As for blockhead...?

I mean 'blockhead' for God's sake...?

Is that such a grievous word to use to get people all wound up as they have???

Of course not.

He has knowledge in his profession, just like you have in yours and I have in mine.

If I told you that you were talking out of your arse on something you clearly knew you were right about you probably wouldn't take it so well.

You would just argue the point until the cows came home no doubt, I'd write a book on it giving facts and reference documents, Bob's way seems to gently mock people for not knowing what they are talking about.

Just a matter of different styles really, do you honestly think you are being personally abused by being called a blockhead, as I would put that in the same category as moonman, numpty, nutjob, nob head, etc, etc.

Is it really worth people getting so worked up over someone saying blockhead or beeno, Ageing Adolescents, or whatever else he may label things - it's just his way surely?

Storm in a teacup type thing isn't it?

Surely?

You’re not reading my posts. I don’t care what people post, they’re free to do what they want - so not sure why you’re going on defending blockhead as a term?

His position on the BBC is idiotic in my view, I’m allowed to tell him that - hardly going after him.

Surely?

343British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 18:59

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The only logical explanation for Sluffy's speaking up for Ten Bob is that he is Sluffy's fake account.....

344British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 19:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blockhead and whatever terms nine bob uses don't upset me, its the attitude that he knows better than anyone else that gets on my nerves.

345British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 21:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:You’re not reading my posts. I don’t care what people post, they’re free to do what they want - so not sure why you’re going on defending blockhead as a term?

His position on the BBC is idiotic in my view, I’m allowed to tell him that - hardly going after him.

Surely?

I actually do give you the respect to read your posts.

One of them said this -

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Who's upset? I'm just telling you if he calls people idiots he can't expect not to have some back.

Now has he directly called you an idiot, has he called anyone an idiot and if he hasn't what gives you the right to get on his case?

His style of posting does seem to be some what abrasive and I can see how it rubs people up the wrong way as per Norpig's post above but if people think that 'he thinks' he's smarter than the rest of us, then so to do Wanderlust and Bread - and people liked them immensely.

If people think he's somehow putting them down, then I refer you again to Wanderlust and Bread who have been and are the most personally abusive posters this forum has ever known.

I can't remember anyone bar Karly telling them to wind their necks in when they were in full flow (nearly always at me) and I've had massive strops and tantrums from several off here when the duo's abuse, hatred and invective went far beyond any reasonable person's toleration and finally had to be dealt with.

And for the record they are both still free to post on here still if they wish despite everything they've thrown at me!

So we have an old bloke with his peculiarities and bees in bonnets banging on about stuff most people aren't at all interested (I'm talking about Bob by the way and not Bonce, just wanted to make that clear) and inferring that some of us/all of us aren't necessarily the brightest in his opinion.

So fucking what?

There's worse shit then that posted everyday on here - part of the sites eccentric, bizarre, unanticipated and eclectic ways and indeed makes it what it is and why (although there may be few of us) we still keep returning to it!  We are a theatre of the absurd at times but at least it's better than everybody being lovey-dovey and agreeable to each other without fail don't you think.

I do.

Christ if you don't like what Bob posts then ignore him, if thinks he's somehow superior to you in someway or other then let him think it, what does it matter really. who gives a monkeys  as to what someone you don't know or will ever meet thinks about you - I certainly don't.

Bob knows accountancy.  Bob is an intelligent elderly gentleman.  His views are his own.  I doubt at his age he will change them.

We either accept him for what he is AND he do the same for us, or we hound him off the site.

We aren't Aging Adolescents or a cabal who don't want to know the facts, we're just a set of generally decent folk who pop on to here for a bit of a distraction from real life, to catch up on BWFC and hopefully have a bit of a laugh/gossip/leg-pull/troll/argument/or whatever it is that rocks your boat, whilst we are here.

What's wrong with people, this is the internet and shouldn't be being taken too seriously!

There's really far worse things going on in the world right now to be overly concerned about what Bob thinks.

Isn't there?

346British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Oct 01 2020, 21:25

So me pointing out his view is idiotic is ‘being on Bob’s case’ and ‘going after him’?

347British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Fri Oct 02 2020, 00:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I seem to have discovered my feminine side reading this thread and have come to the conclusion that we need to talk about relationships more. Smile

348British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Fri Oct 02 2020, 00:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:So me pointing out his view is idiotic is ‘being on Bob’s case’ and ‘going after him’?

Is his view idiotic, he doesn't seem to think so.

Who are you to judge him, who are you to tell him his opinion is wrong?

It's your opinion against his - fair enough but that's not what you said was it...

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Who's upset? I'm just telling you if he calls people idiots he can't expect not to have some back.

...in fact it sounds more like a threat to me.

So yes I would say that was being on his case, it certainly seems like it to me.

349British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Fri Oct 02 2020, 07:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just for the record, Sluffy, I haven't actually called anyone (that is any individual) a blockhead but I will explain what I mean.

I mean someone who doesn't know the facts, doesn't want to know the facts and doesn't want anyone else to know the facts. And I have to say that I count my blessings in not having spent my life in the company of any blockhead.

Does  the cap fit some of the contributors on Nuts (or Ageing Adolescents)? I couldn't possibly comment.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Oct 02 2020, 08:05; edited 3 times in total

350British Broadcorping Castration - Page 18 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Fri Oct 02 2020, 07:47

So me calling Bob’s view idiotic is threatening him, getting on his case and going after him.

But Bob calling everyone blockheads is -‘so fucking what?, there’s worse shit than that posted everyday’.

Give it a rest Sluffy, Bobs entitled to say what he likes, as am I. Nobody’s being threatened, abused or harassed so give it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum