Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benefit Cuts

+11
Reebok Trotter
Alf Hooker
Angry Dad
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Sat Dec 29 2012, 09:09

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:The government has today vowed to cut benefits even further, they are especially targeting those people who choose to live on benefits as a lifestyle.

The fact people can live a cushy life on benefits is an absolute outrage. Benefits should pay for food on the table and a roof over your head - nothing more. Benefits shouldn't pay for satellite tv, games consoles or cars. And they certainly shouldn't be an incentive to keep having sprogs.

I applaud the government in this stance, and I hope they get tough.

Am I being too tough or are the government spot on?

by the way

"even further"

They've hardly been cut at all

82Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Sat Dec 29 2012, 09:31

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lyric Todkill wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:The government has today vowed to cut benefits even further, they are especially targeting those people who choose to live on benefits as a lifestyle.

The fact people can live a cushy life on benefits is an absolute outrage. Benefits should pay for food on the table and a roof over your head - nothing more. Benefits shouldn't pay for satellite tv, games consoles or cars. And they certainly shouldn't be an incentive to keep having sprogs.

I applaud the government in this stance, and I hope they get tough.

Am I being too tough or are the government spot on?

by the way

"even further"

They've hardly been cut at all

Benefit spending: the Department for Work &
Pensions, Britain's biggest department, spent £166.98bn in 2011-12 - an
inflation increase of nearly 2% on the year before. Benefit spending was
up by 1.11% including a 5% rise in housing benefit spending to
£16.94bn, state pensions going up by 3.73% to £74bn and a rise of 7.58%
in spending on jobseekers' allowance.

Source; the Guardian

83Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Sat Dec 29 2012, 09:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lyric Todkill wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:

That's a load of bollocks, Is that from the BNP manifesto?

I doubt it. I think it might be from UKIP. I am no fan of the BNP but I do think our government has a duty to take care of its senior citizens who have paid their taxes and stamp all their working lives.

Even so that "maifesto" is totally incorrect. I know a relative of mine who gets a full weekly pension, housing allownace and other extra's and it comes to more than GBP400 a week - not an immigrant etc etc etc but a British person who paid her stamps and worked during the war! I also know other relatives who get more than what that "manifesto" says - in other words is complete bollocks. Don't forget that all benefits are means tested and if that means certain people can look after themselves with little or no handout from the Government then that is what will happen!!!

Are all benefits mean tested?

Yes - well except the winter fuel payment which is just given out to those who fall within the specifications once it goes below a certain temperature!!!

it isn't, but never mind

state pension isn't means tested

Actually, it is, my dad doesn't get his full state pension becaus e of his private pension, whereas my uncle does get the full state pension. I also know mum will not get the full state pension, either, because of her private pension, but my gran did, whereas my other uncle will receive no state pension whatsoever, again because of his private pension and because of his savings!

But thats just one benefit, also do not forget that benefits, in total are on the increase, why? 1: Because the benefits have been raised to help with basic standard of living. 2: the number of unemployed is actually increasing (although by official figures they are not) due to all the public sector jobs that are still being lost. 3: the increase of benefit claims (i.e. tax credits) due to increase of people only being able to do part-time jobs because employers are not offering full-time jobs. 4: employers offering only "minimum" wage which falls very short of a basic standard of living, compared to the "living" wage, and as such people need the benefits to live (its possibly due to this point that many people find it easier to stay out of jobs because the money of offer in job is actually lower than what they get and much more substandard basic of living!!!)

84Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Sat Dec 29 2012, 09:57

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:

That's a load of bollocks, Is that from the BNP manifesto?

I doubt it. I think it might be from UKIP. I am no fan of the BNP but I do think our government has a duty to take care of its senior citizens who have paid their taxes and stamp all their working lives.

Even so that "maifesto" is totally incorrect. I know a relative of mine who gets a full weekly pension, housing allownace and other extra's and it comes to more than GBP400 a week - not an immigrant etc etc etc but a British person who paid her stamps and worked during the war! I also know other relatives who get more than what that "manifesto" says - in other words is complete bollocks. Don't forget that all benefits are means tested and if that means certain people can look after themselves with little or no handout from the Government then that is what will happen!!!

Are all benefits mean tested?

Yes - well except the winter fuel payment which is just given out to those who fall within the specifications once it goes below a certain temperature!!!

it isn't, but never mind

state pension isn't means tested

Actually, it is, my dad doesn't get his full state pension becaus e of his private pension, whereas my uncle does get the full state pension. I also know mum will not get the full state pension, either, because of her private pension, but my gran did, whereas my other uncle will receive no state pension whatsoever, again because of his private pension and because of his savings!

But thats just one benefit, also do not forget that benefits, in total are on the increase, why? 1: Because the benefits have been raised to help with basic standard of living. 2: the number of unemployed is actually increasing (although by official figures they are not) due to all the public sector jobs that are still being lost. 3: the increase of benefit claims (i.e. tax credits) due to increase of people only being able to do part-time jobs because employers are not offering full-time jobs. 4: employers offering only "minimum" wage which falls very short of a basic standard of living, compared to the "living" wage, and as such people need the benefits to live (its possibly due to this point that many people find it easier to stay out of jobs because the money of offer in job is actually lower than what they get and much more substandard basic of living!!!)

The basic state pension isn't means tested

The State 2nd pension (formerly SERPS) is provided by the state, a Personal Pension or by an Occupational scheme, and based on earnings history, not means-tested.

Benefits are increasing because Gordon Brown wanted to increase dependency on the state and ensurethat voters couldn't possibly vote anyone but Labour.

It has virtually bankrupted the country.

The current levels of spending (and borrowing) are unsustainable.

85Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Sat Dec 29 2012, 10:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If you had said SERPS to begin with, then I would have initially agreed with you!!! Very Happy

86Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Sat Dec 29 2012, 10:14

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:If you had said SERPS to begin with, then I would have initially agreed with you!!! Very Happy

Aye

I can tell you know what you're talking about! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

87Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Wed Feb 13 2013, 10:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These two parents are all that is wrong with the system. Absolute scum. Having set fire to their council house so they could get a bigger one they end up killing 6 of their children..

The authorities house them in a hotel and the old bill film the mother giving a blow job to the husbands best mate while he watches. What decent loving parent would contemplate sex after losing their kids? They should be locked up for life. No excuses, just throw away the keys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2277486/Michael-Mairead-Philpott-Derby-house-trial-He-wanted-home-kids-benefit-cash-brings.html

88Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Wed Feb 13 2013, 10:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scum of the earth. I expect they will get a warm reception in prison.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Feb 13 2013, 12:10; edited 1 time in total

89Benefit Cuts - Page 5 Empty Re: Benefit Cuts Wed Feb 13 2013, 12:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Scum of the earth. I expect they will get a warm reception prison.

A warm reception indeed. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum