Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX

+12
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hip Priest
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 50]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How ironic that before this touching film ( Ethel & Ernest ) there is a trailer for RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under.

How the world has changed.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:33; edited 1 time in total

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
i can barely whistle in the normal way never mind this!
My dad tried to teach me and I nearly swallowed my tongue. He also played The Yellow Rose Of Texas on a paper and comb. It tells you much about my route to adulthood.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
My dad tried to teach me and I nearly swallowed my tongue. He also played The Yellow Rose Of Texas on a paper and comb. It tells you much about my route to adulthood.
When do you think you will finally get there?

Never hopefully.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cat/pigeons....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
When do you think you will finally get there?

Never hopefully.
My old mum, 92, is still hopeful. Mind you, she bought me a Batmobile for Christmas. Now, is that helpful? Really?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 34 Img_2716

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I've seen this Sluffy, and loved it. Brought so many memories to mind.
I have my parents to thank for many things, not least a sense of humour, and the fact that they made do with very little in the way of material things to ensure my brother and I had it better than they'd had it.
I often feel what we've gained in 'stuff', we've lost in warmth.
I got a text from the living room on Sunday. I was upstairs. Progress?

Very much the same way I feel too.

My brother and I was brought up in what was in many respects poverty - but I never saw it as such because everyone around us where just the same as we were.

I guess that's why I've never hankered much for material things and if I did I saved up the money first or if I couldn't for whatever reason, had to make do without.

We've certainly lost the warmth and personal touch as, just like you, I get the text messages and mostly written in a code I need to decipher with the social media jargon being as it is!

Just like my parents I give all my love to my child and gave her every opportunity I could - but the world she lives in is different from the world I knew.

No doubt my parents felt similarly with me and my brother but we still needed to meet up and see them from time to time - and they us - but these days that is no longer necessary because you can text and see them on line from your sofa instead.

I too feel something more personal, intimate, bonding is lost somehow, the things that tie us together seem somehow looser and less compelling these days.

It is what it is and I realise I'm the one living in the past but to me society seems to be more impersonal and less friendly and more self entitled.

Or maybe I've simply just turned into a grumpy old man without ever realising it!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Very much the same way I feel too.

My brother and I was brought up in what was in many respects poverty - but I never saw it as such because everyone around us where just the same as we were.

I guess that's why I've never hankered much for material things and if I did I saved up the money first or if I couldn't for whatever reason, had to make do without.

We've certainly lost the warmth and personal touch as, just like you, I get the text messages and mostly written in a code I need to decipher with the social media jargon being as it is!

Just like my parents I give all my love to my child and gave her every opportunity I could - but the world she lives in is different from the world I knew.

No doubt my parents felt similarly with me and my brother but we still needed to meet up and see them from time to time - and they us - but these days that is no longer necessary because you can text and see them on line from your sofa instead.

I too feel something more personal, intimate, bonding is lost somehow, the things that tie us together seem somehow looser and less compelling these days.

It is what it is and I realise I'm the one living in the past but to me society seems to be more impersonal and less friendly and more self entitled.

Or maybe I've simply just turned into a grumpy old man without ever realising it!
Raymond Briggs himself was regarded as a grumpy old man. He even played up to it. 
As for living in the past, I suppose it's all part of growing old, and hankering after the 'good times'. I have great times now, but the past always has a certain rosy glow, whether it be watching the Wanderers, or roaming the countryside with my mates, it always seems better through the prism of time.
Just stay grumpy, Sluffy. We oldies have a lot to be grumpy about. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been looking at anvils on amazon. Some of them get bad reviews.

How can you give an anvil a bad review?

What do people want?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's Martha Spencer. Wild. Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dutch Decoy has enjoyed a remarkable 2022 and on Friday 12 August, he gained his fifth win of the campaign in a really competitive handicap at Newmarket. Under Olly Stammers, who he has forged an excellent relationship with, Dutch Decoy showed his usual determination to fend off the persistent challenge of the unexposed and improving four-year-old, Bashosh. Congratulations to Dutch Decoy's owners. 

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Dutch Decoy has enjoyed a remarkable 2022 and on Friday 12 August, he gained his fifth win of the campaign in a really competitive handicap at Newmarket. Under Olly Stammers, who he has forged an excellent relationship with, Dutch Decoy showed his usual determination to fend off the persistent challenge of the unexposed and improving four-year-old, Bashosh. Congratulations to Dutch Decoy's owners. 
Has certainly earned a rest.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 34 Screen-shot-2015-01-16-at-12.10.11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 34 Screen-shot-2015-01-16-at-12.10.11

I thought KP went abroad for his holidays Wink

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know yesterday was a disappointment, but I was shocked to see Nat had thrown her shirt away.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 34 Img_2810

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bitch.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just saying.  Surprised

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Just saying.  Surprised
Wasn’t the shirt made that big to get it over Big Sam’s head?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Wasn’t the shirt made that big to get it over Big Sam’s head?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 34 BlandMeaslyCob-size_restricted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum