Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX

+12
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hip Priest
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

They do seem to catch up with Bob eventually, don't they Boncey?

If they've got 'listening ears' they do.

Danny Murphy doesn't have listening ears though. Its written all over his boat race. I'm not sure he's got a 'thinking head' either tbh.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lost Hancock's Half Hour has been found, and restored. I've had to have a lie down.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A lost Hancock's Half Hour has been found, and restored. I've had to have a lie down.
If you don't perk up soon we'll arrange for a blood donor. It'll be a free transfer.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:A lost Hancock's Half Hour has been found, and restored. I've had to have a lie down.

Its no laughing matter, Boncey. Red Nev says it was Hancock's fault he joined the Labour Party.

He says he doesn't fancy being an MP though.

You bet! Him and his mates wouldn't get out of bed for £84K p.a.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just pre ordered the new Kindle Scribe. My inner nerd just won't let go. Neutral

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Just pre ordered the new Kindle Scribe. My inner nerd just won't let go. Neutral

You've been reading the Grauniad again, haven't you Boncey?

Bob knows when you've been reading the Grauniad.

You won't profit from it. Take Bob's advice and stick to the Beano. You can't go far wrong with the Beano. Just make sure you don't confuse it with the Beeno

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Just pre ordered the new Kindle Scribe. My inner nerd just won't let go. Neutral
Which reminds me I need to charge mine. Off to Malta next week.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

You've been reading the Grauniad again, haven't you Boncey?

Bob knows when you've been reading the Grauniad.

You won't profit from it. Take Bob's advice and stick to the Beano. You can't go far wrong with the Beano. Just make sure you don't confuse it with the Beeno
I wish I'd kept all my old Beano's. They fetch a nice price these days. Neutral

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:

Why don't you see if you can download 'Business Finance for Numpties' by Samuele Allardici?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
This new Kindle has a battery life of 12 weeks if you can believe it. And a ten inch plus screen.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
This new Kindle has a battery life of 12 weeks if you can believe it. And a ten inch plus screen.
12 weeks? That could be more than Liz and Kwazy last.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A passage from a letter written to his daughter, by Ralph Waldo Emerson, contains a passage we should all surely live by. Although he didn't have Barry bastard Knight to deal with.

“Finish each day and be done with it. For manners and for wise living it is a vice to remember. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. To-morrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely, and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day for all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations to waste a moment on the rotten yesterdays.”

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:A passage from a letter written to his daughter, by Ralph Waldo Emerson, contains a passage we should all surely live by. Although he didn't have Barry bastard Knight to deal with.

“Finish each day and be done with it. For manners and for wise living it is a vice to remember. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. To-morrow is a new day; you shall begin it well and serenely, and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day for all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations to waste a moment on the rotten yesterdays.”
Or Dale varmint Vince, Boncey, and don’t you forget it.

He threatens to liquidate BWFC and Supporters Trust numpties buy his NoKenDo T-shirts.

You couldn’t make it up.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know where I can get some decent parkin? Can't get anything decent locally.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry, don't know where you can get some parkin, I'm really writing to recommend if you've not seen it already the comedy series 'How to with John Wilson'.

It is a sort of zany, observational comedy, undertaken by the said John Wilson filming himself as a documentary series.

I don't really like zany as a rule but this bloke as an eye for the clever and bizarre (seems he's like that in real life too himself - see wiki bio link below) and I think, if you've not seen him before you will enjoy his films.

The programmes are only 30 minutes long and you may need to watch one or two before you tune in to his humour, but I certainly recommend giving it a go.

BBC iplayer link -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cltmw6/how-to-with-john-wilson-series-1-1-how-to-make-small-talk?seriesId=p0cltm4m

John Wilson - wiki bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilson_(filmmaker)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Sorry, don't know where you can get some parkin, I'm really writing to recommend if you've not seen it already the comedy series 'How to with John Wilson'.

It is a sort of zany, observational comedy, undertaken by the said John Wilson filming himself as a documentary series.

I don't really like zany as a rule but this bloke as an eye for the clever and bizarre (seems he's like that in real life too himself - see wiki bio link below) and I think, if you've not seen him before you will enjoy his films.

The programmes are only 30 minutes long and you may need to watch one or two before you tune in to his humour, but I certainly recommend giving it a go.

BBC iplayer link -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cltmw6/how-to-with-john-wilson-series-1-1-how-to-make-small-talk?seriesId=p0cltm4m

John Wilson - wiki bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilson_(filmmaker)
Sorry I've been slow to answer your recommendation, Sluffy, I've had a lot on. I have had time to take a look at this though, and I have to say, I enjoyed it. I like this sort of stuff.
Appreciate the heads up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No worries, I had a feeling you might enjoy them.

I've nearly finished series two and I still can't decide if all this is all real life, or it is staged!

Either way I tend to like the 'clever' sort of comedy and the way he brings zany things into his tales works for me.

I had a hunch that you might like it too.

I'm pleased you do.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy. Maybe you, or anyone else, can answer a question I've been posing?

Why are greetings cards so expensive? I can get a paperback book for a similar price.

I always buy the cheap ones with no verse. Who needs a verse?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Why are greetings cards so expensive? I can get a paperback book for a similar price.

You can get decent cards at Card Factory for under a quid, yet people still pay £3 for the same thing at other shops.

I don't understand why people want to pay £3 for what is little more than a piece of cardboard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum