Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory Government Doing?

+19
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
wessy
Whitesince63
Growler
Feby
wanderlust
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
Bolton Nuts
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 35 ... 55  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 55]

281How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 17:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With a replacement being announced within minutes, I suspect she was pushed.

282How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 17:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Clown-clowns

283How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Total meltdown in the division lobby:

Where to begin?

Tory MPs told the fracking vote is a vote of confidence in the government in a memo sent out earlier today

JRM And Coffey photoed physically manhandling backbenchers to support the government 

When it’s clear the government are going to lose they try to claim there was a clerical error - even though JRM claims later it was still a confidence vote - and then it wasn’t.

Tories fighting goes viral

Tory chief whip “resigns”

If you haven’t seen the carnage check it out.

Last edited by wanderlust on Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:22; edited 2 times in total

284How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit Baker finally gets the respect he deserves from the BBC…

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Oct 20 2022, 08:35; edited 1 time in total

285How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If a Prime Minister is in the role for two months or more they get a “stipend” of £115 thousand every year for the rest of their lives.

Truss will have reached that on Nov 5th

Expect fireworks Smile

286How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 21:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Truss: “I’m a fighter not a quitter”

My 11 year old arthritic cat: “4 o’clock behind the bike sheds”

287How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 22:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

288How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 22:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Today, Braverman became the shortest serving Home Secretary in history.

Tofu 1 Braverman 0

…and yet, the Tories still managed to railroad through fracking - hot on the heels of removing the right to protest - two laws which will come to a head when they start drilling in a field near you.

But don’t worry - all the shale gas is in the north.

289How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Have I missed something?

Fracking won’t work in UK says founder of fracking company Cuadrilla

Article from just less than a month ago...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/sep/21/fracking-wont-work-uk-founder-chris-cornelius-cuadrilla

290How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hahaha - the this made me laugh - all the way to the very end (strong hint to read it all!)

Liz Truss's special adviser suspended and faces investigation

One of the prime minister's most senior advisers has been suspended, the BBC understands.

Jason Stein, a special adviser to Liz Truss, is to face a formal investigation by the Propriety and Ethics Team, which is responsible for standards across government.

It follows some anger from Conservative backbench MPs about briefings from No 10 sources over the weekend.

Mr Stein has not yet responded to requests for comment from the BBC.

Warning: strong language used further down in this article

He previously worked for Ms Truss when she was chief secretary to the Treasury before he became a special advisor to Amber Rudd.

He also worked for Ms Truss during her Tory leadership campaign.

Asked about the suspension, Ms Truss's spokesman refused to refer to Mr Stein by name, but told reporters: "The prime minister has made it very clear that some of the briefings are completely unacceptable and must stop."

This was a reference to briefings to newspapers from those around her who can speak on her behalf, which contained strong language.

Over the weekend, the Sunday Times reported that Ms Truss was of the view that the former Chancellor and Health Secretary Sajid Javid was "shit".

It was expected that Mr Javid would raise the matter at Prime Minister's Questions, but I understand both he and Mr Stein were told just before midday of the special adviser's suspension.

Mr Javid had been seen by some as a possible replacement for Kwasi Kwarteng as chancellor, but Jeremy Hunt was picked instead.

Asked if Mr Stein had offered his resignation, a Conservative source said "that is not my understanding".

Before joining Downing Street, Jason Stein used to work as a communications adviser to Prince Andrew.

It's understood he left as an employee of the prince when his advice not to do an interview with [BBC Newsnight's] Emily Maitlis was ignored.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63311454

He should have listened...

:rofl:

291How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Wed Oct 19 2022, 22:59

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

After Truss's embarrassing performance at PMQs where she showed herself totally ignorant of the role of opposition parties, we sat open-mouthed through the catalogue of total chaos at Westminster late this afernoon....until the appointment of Grant Shapps as the person Truss and co. considered perfect as Braverman's replacement.....whereupon we laughed out loud!! 
Decision-making had sunk to unimagineable depths.

It's almost as if they actually want to be ridiculed with a whole series of own goals. Experienced newscasters simply aghast!

Then Rees-Mogg came out to embark on a series of lies, back-tracking and denials, like Johnson mark 2, over shameful bullying and man-handling in the lobby, whereas Yvette Cooper proved in interview that it is possible to be coherent, capable, aritculate and sensible....as she was about Labour's highly convincing plans for how to manage the economy and the country. Bring it on!

292How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 05:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’d just mention that as of yesterday, Truss’s public “approval rating” was at 7% and Prince Andrew’s was at 11%

293How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 06:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Truss’s commitment to the pensions triple lock means pensioners will get an increase in line with highest of the 3 criteria which is inflation currently at 10.1% equating to a rise of £17.70 a week on the basic state pension.
Taxable of course.

Given that a higher proportion of pensioners are Tory voters than young people are it will be interesting to see what announcement Hunt makes about benefits in a fortnight.

294How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 06:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A reminder of what’s behind neoliberalism by Monbiot a fortnight ago….which is refreshing now that the centrists and the country are finally waking up to it. You may not agree but it’s worth listening to….

295How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 08:46

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Truss's special adviser, who has just resigned, used to work for Prince Andrew, and her ethics adviser was sacked and not replaced. These gaps are reflected in Truss's free-rein decisions and attitudes.

Grant Shapps was a failed Transport Secretary sacked six weeks ago by Truss but is now promoted to a higher office to replace the grotesque thug, Braverman, whose recent speech on immigration was an utter disgrace, to be fair....

If this was the plot of a novel, it would be panned for being too far-fetched...

296How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 10:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:A reminder of what’s behind neoliberalism by Monbiot a fortnight ago….which is refreshing now that the centrists and the country are finally waking up to it. You may not agree but it’s worth listening to….

You do know who Monbiot is don't you?

He's a writer just like J K Rowling is for example, he's also a left-wing political activist who was the founder of the Respect Political Party who had Gorge Galloway as its only MP.

His background before starting his political campaigning was as a zoologist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect_Party

He's another David Icke type with extremist political views.

297How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 11:16

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

You do know who Monbiot is don't you?

He's a writer just like J K Rowling is for example, he's also a left-wing political activist who was the founder of the Respect Political Party who had Gorge Galloway as its only MP.

His background before starting his political campaigning was as a zoologist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect_Party

He's another David Icke type with extremist political views.

He's a mate of Dale Vince, isn't he?

298How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 12:13

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whether Truss goes or doesn’t and whether it shatters the Tory party or not I think our Labour friends shouldn’t just naturally assume all the disaffected will migrate to their party, despite the poll ratings. From where I stand Labour have produced nothing to indicate that they would handle the current problems any better than the Tory’s or even that what they would deliver is what the majority of the public want. I suspect that when a GE does come, it will be the minor parties who come out best. Just as with UKIP, I’d expect the likes of the Reform party and the Lib Dems to be the biggest winners as people abandon the two main parties. I certainly don’t think Labour should naturally assume that they are going to walk into the red wall seats because for once tactical voting may work the other way with both Labour and Tory losing out. Obviously Labour would win a majority but not the wipe out they consider it might be.

299How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 12:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Whether Truss goes or doesn’t and whether it shatters the Tory party or not I think our Labour friends shouldn’t just naturally assume all the disaffected will migrate to their party, despite the poll ratings. From where I stand Labour have produced nothing to indicate that they would handle the current problems any better than the Tory’s or even that what they would deliver is what the majority of the public want. I suspect that when a GE does come, it will be the minor parties who come out best. Just as with UKIP, I’d expect the likes of the Reform party and the Lib Dems to be the biggest winners as people abandon the two main parties. I certainly don’t think Labour should naturally assume that they are going to walk into the red wall seats because for once tactical voting may work the other way with both Labour and Tory losing out. Obviously Labour would win a majority but not the wipe out they consider it might be.
Keep at it. We're standing quietly behind the bar.
How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Bartender-pub-fight

300How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory Government Doing? Thu Oct 20 2022, 13:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory Government Doing? - Page 15 Photo-20

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 55]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 35 ... 55  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum