Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack?

+16
chipbutty
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
Bolton Nuts
wanderlust
gloswhite
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
Triumph
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:45

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I didn't say the private companies should get away with it.

They'll obviously have to contribute towards the persons benefit.

The governments plan is pretty shit tbh but I still don't see a problem with long term unemployed having to earn their benefits.

22Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My first job was a shelf stacker on Saturdays and during my school holidays. Did me no harm.

From memory I used to get £8 per week and used to contribute £4 to my mother towards my keep.

Going off topic slightly I remember once my father was signed off work for a week by the doctor and was given a sick note. The whole family came to have a look at it as none of them had ever had time off work or ever claim benefits before!

There is always work if you look hard enough for it and prepared to do anything within reason.

23Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just out of interest, how much do people out of work get paid these days on benefits?

24Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I didn't say the private companies should get away with it.

They'll obviously have to contribute towards the persons benefit.

The governments plan is pretty shit tbh but I still don't see a problem with long term unemployed having to earn their benefits.

But then its a "job" and not unemployment benefits!!! Therefore if teh company goesw bust or there is a shortage of those jobs, what next offer floor manager positions, department manager positions or even store manager positions as minimumwage to cater for those "unemployed" But what happens during a downtirn and those on the low wages are got rid of, which is the normal procedure?

I get the feeling that you are advocating that anyone in work should be on a minimum wage, which is actually less than a living wage!!

25Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just out of interest, how much do people out of work get paid these days on benefits?

You tell us, you bum.

26Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Just out of interest, how much do people out of work get paid these days on benefits?

Jobseekers allowance is on average £60/week - and that has to pay for food, utility bills, transport costs for interviews.

When you break it down:-

S1 Daysaver for buses £5
water approx £6
Electicity approx £20 (assuming they are on pay meters)
Gas approx £20 (assuming they are on pay meters)
phone (non-mobile and non-internet) about £6
Thus leaving £3 food for the week (that dependent only 1 bus trip a week - if more then it is a minus figure)

But considering most applications have to be done online nowadays and even most benefits have to be applied for online - one does need the internet. Job Centre hass very few paper applications for benefits nowadays.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:54; edited 1 time in total

27Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:54

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:But then its a "job" and not unemployment benefits!!! Therefore if teh company goesw bust or there is a shortage of those jobs, what next offer floor manager positions, department manager positions or even store manager positions as minimumwage to cater for those "unemployed" But what happens during a downtirn and those on the low wages are got rid of, which is the normal procedure?

I get the feeling that you are advocating that anyone in work should be on a minimum wage, which is actually less than a living wage!!

What I'm saying is pretty clear. Well to most people it would be. Let me say it one more time....

People who are long term unemployed should have to earn their benefit or lose it.

End of discussion for me as we're beginning to round in circles.

28Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

You tell us, you bum.

:trust:

29Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:But then its a "job" and not unemployment benefits!!! Therefore if teh company goesw bust or there is a shortage of those jobs, what next offer floor manager positions, department manager positions or even store manager positions as minimumwage to cater for those "unemployed" But what happens during a downtirn and those on the low wages are got rid of, which is the normal procedure?

What I'm saying is pretty clear. Well to most people it would be. Let me say it one more time....

People who are long term unemployed should have to earn their benefit or lose it.

End of discussion for me as we're beginning to round in circles.

What do you class as long-term unemployed?

30Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 13:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

More than a week.

31Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:00

The short answer: yes, I am too good to shelf stack.

£65 per week tax free to sit on my arse playing Xbox and shagging sluts, or about £80 a week (after tax, bus fares, new kecks etc) to work 30 hours per week at Tesco? What sort of idiot would choose to work.

32Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just for the record, the Welfare State brought about by William Beveridge was designed as a safety net to help people whilst they get back into work again - it was never intended as a 'career' path for those never intended to do a days work in their lives.

I'm with Bernard, those on long term benefits should have to earn their benefits in some way or other, or lose them - if people don't want to work then why should others be expected to look after them?

It should not be worth more to people to stay on benefits than it does to work - that is just crazy and in the long term unsustainable.

33Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:More than a week.

Seriously speaking, though, the Government class long-termers as anyone who have been out of a job for 12 months or more!!!!

Personally speaking I would say the long-termers/job-shirkers/work-dodgers are thos ewho have been unemployed for more than 3 years. Only using that figure due to the fact that during a recession there is an initial cull of jobs in all sectors and takes approximately 2-3 years to get back to the same level of employament as before.

Currently we are on our way to our 3rd recession (the never-been-seen-before triple dip!!!) in 5 years - using official Government figures due to various downturns!!!

34Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

More than 3 years????

If you really want to work you could get a job in a few days. ITKFact.

Some people are too lazy.

Others think they have to wait to find the job of their dreams.

If you're unemployed you should be prepared to do anything as a job imo.

35Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:More than 3 years????

If you really want to work you could get a job in a few days. ITKFact.

Some people are too lazy.

Others think they have to wait to find the job of their dreams.

If you're unemployed you should be prepared to do anything as a job imo.

But it doesn't work out like that, in the real world.

One can apply for allsorts of jobs, never mind those being applied for in line with their training. But many companies see the work as not inline with what they are looking for and as such many are rejected due to being over-qualified or under-qualified!!! Companies are picky to who they choose!

Now is that the fault of the person being unemployed or the fault of the company for not hiring just anyone?

36Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

as an example say someone who has worked with animals all their life, suddebly find themselves unemployed and apply for a job as a binman - they will automatically get rejected due to the fact that the experience they have had previously is not inline with being a binman.

Or a student going for a first job, many will geet rejected due to lack of experience, or due to their qualifications could actually be rejected as being over-qualified!

37Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My local cheese packing factory always has vacancies.

38Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:My local cheese packing factory always has vacancies.

But how many applications do they reject?

Thats the one statistic we never see is how many applications and how many rejections, and reasons for rejections, for each job!

39Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:23

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You should change your cv when applying for different jobs.

Good luck with your job search Chris.

Even you can get a job if you really try.

40Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are You Too Good To Shelf Stack? Sun Feb 17 2013, 14:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:You should change your cv when applying for different jobs.

Good luck with your job search Chris.

Even you can get a job if you really try.

I have a job, and the contract has just been extended, and modified, so that I work from the London office for at least the next 9 months. But never been unemployed. I know people who are and its a bad situation for a few of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum